HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
agreed. Hopefully somebody... anybody will paint those god awful post-apocalyptic light poles in the parking lot as well.

side note but the little ice cream stand that has traditionally gone up in the summer right beside that sign has been kicked out. Not sure if and where they will relocate. A little disappointing as it was a family favourite of ours on the way home from baseball and such. Also they've torn down the ice cream stand between the Needs and Pizza Delight on Mountain road by the Dumont. I'm wondering if this is actually part of the old Curling Club land and they are prepping for a sale.
The land where the one on Mountain between Pizza Delight, and Needs is indeed owned by the curling club, and the Curling club has sold as of 28/03/2018 for 350,000. So it might be the new oners who plan on using the land for something else.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 9:25 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Champlain Place Rumours:

1) - The former Bikini Beach & Stockhomme locations have been combined and are under construction. The hot rumour is that this may become the new permanent location for lululemon

2) - The former Coach location next door was slated to host Envy, but Envy no longer appears on the CF Champlain mall map. Envy may have changed their mind. The rumour is that Bikini Beach may relocate here, although this seems like an awfully large spot for them to move into.

3) - I asked the clerk at Country Lane where in the mall they were going to move to next (moving sale currently underway). She said she wasn't sure, and thought that the owner was in fact looking at moving out of the mall. If true, this is indeed a great surprise!!

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 9:13 PM

Pharmasave on Morton ave closing on the 13 of June . I was there today and they have great deals .highly recommended for anyone that needs pharmaceutical products, food , misc and more . Everything in store Is 30 % off and up

I talk to a clerk and the reason for closing is poor sales

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1690...1239496442084/

Old Posted May 29, 2018, 5:15 PM
BANNED

I heard there would be a Mobilia, is that right? I went to Toronto last weekend and found this store in Mississauga. I was told there would be one in Monction soon. You know?

Old Posted May 29, 2018, 5:46 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refindex View Post
I heard there would be a Mobilia, is that right? I went to Toronto last weekend and found this store in Mississauga. I was told there would be one in Monction soon. You know?
Welcome to the forums.

I have not heard this, however it might be possible. Looking at their website, I would venture to guess this is a Quebec based chain which has expanded to the GTA. Moncton is frequently a fovoured spot for Quebec chains heading east as well, so you never know.

European styled furniture store - looks interesting........

Old Posted May 31, 2018, 2:43 PM

I wonder if Miniso is heading our way. This could be a nice new addition to our market. This China based but Japanese themed upscale "dollar store", no really, is in full expansion mode across Canada. It would be interesting to see it here, we haven't seen anything interesting retail-wise in our region for what seems like a long time... Maybe just maybe it could land at Champlain.

Old Posted May 31, 2018, 3:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
I wonder if Miniso is heading our way. This could be a nice new addition to our market. This China based but Japanese themed upscale "dollar store", no really, is in full expansion mode across Canada. It would be interesting to see it here, we haven't seen anything interesting retail-wise in our region for what seems like a long time... Maybe just maybe it could land at Champlain.
Interesting article about them in Retail-Insider today (which I'm sure prompted your question).

Since they want 500 locations in Canada within the next few years, I think it's a foregone conclusion they will have multiple locations in NB, and probably multiple locations in Moncton too.

Over years of observation, in general, once a retailer has about 100 locations in Canada, usually one of those (at least) is in Moncton. With 500 locations in the country, I would think at the very minimum we will see 2-3 locations in the city.

Real estate will likely be the limiting factor. As it stands now, there are appropriate vacant CRUs in the Northwest Centre, Wheeler Park, the Mapleton Centre and Champlain Place which could fill the bill.......

Old Posted Jun 3, 2018, 11:44 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
3) - I asked the clerk at Country Lane where in the mall they were going to move to next (moving sale currently underway). She said she wasn't sure, and thought that the owner was in fact looking at moving out of the mall. If true, this is indeed a great surprise!!
The rumour is apparently that Country Lane will be moving to a permanent location in Wheeler Park where the Celebrate pop-up store was last Christmas.

I guess they got tired of being CF's Joe-Boy (I mean loyal foot soldier), and being forced to move 2-3x per year........

Old Posted Jun 4, 2018, 3:14 AM

Quote:
The rumour is apparently that Country Lane will be moving to a permanent location in Wheeler Park where the Celebrate pop-up store was last Christmas.

I guess they got tired of being CF's Joe-Boy (I mean loyal foot soldier), and being forced to move 2-3x per year........
Understandably, and If there customers are trully loyal they will do just as well at Wheeler Park.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2018, 12:47 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Champlain Place Update:

1) - The walls have come down at the old Sears location. The building is now down to it's structural steel skeleton. It looks like the new TD Banking Centre will be a complete rebuild.
2) - They have repaved the parking lot in front of Sobeys. I would say that external renovations are impending. It may be nothing to get excited about - maybe just some new paint, but I think there's something afoot.
3) - Renovations have started at the old Stitch-It location for the new Atlantic Lotto outlet. Construction drywall is up.
4) - They have confiscated some extra space from the lululemon pop-up to combine with the old Bikini Beach and Stockhomme locations for the new construction project. Initially I thought this might be for the permanent home for lululemon, but the space is now too large. I'm not sure what retailer will move in, but if West49 has not completely decamped the mall, this could be a possibility.
5) - There are strong rumours out there that Bikini Beach will move into the CRU most recently occupied by Country Lane (which is apparently moving to Wheeler Park).

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 12:20 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

One of the Cannabis NB stores in Saint John is complete (but has no stock and is not yet open)

Here are a few photos (from Organigram FB page)

Since all the stores in the province will have the same livery, this is what the three stores in Moncton will be like......

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 10:18 AM

That's a nice modern inside, reminds me of a place like Swarovski or Pandora. On the news this morning they quoted the head of NB Liquor as saying that 11 stores could open today but it might take 3-4 months even after the law is passed for them to open which is unfortunate. They won't be hiring until they know either so that's 100 jobs on the sideline.

Ps- Was I the only one trying to click the side arrow on the 2nd picture?

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 12:40 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
5) - There are strong rumours out there that Bikini Beach will move into the CRU most recently occupied by Country Lane (which is apparently moving to Wheeler Park).
The most recent mall map shows Bikini Beach relocating to the old Coach space (next door to their old location).

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jun 22, 2018 at 1:10 AM.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 12:42 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Well, It's finally absolutely confirmed that Envy is coming to CF Champlain.

Originally it was supposed to go in the old Coach space. Instead, it will be going into the combined Bikini Beach/Stockhomme space.

Meanwhile, the current mall map still shows Bikini Beach relocating to the old Coach space.

Between these two stores, this will do a lot to fill up that corridor in the mall (at least until lululemon relocates)........

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 12:06 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Work is ongoing in this unit at Wheeler Park (the old Smart Set location).

Rumour is that this will be the new permanent location for Country Lane

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 1:10 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
The most recent mall map shows Bikini Beach relocating to the old Coach space (next door to their old location).
Well, the mall map now shows Bikini Beach in both the Coach space and the Country Lane space. I wish they would make up their mind!!!

Also, there is now something afoot in the old West49 space (at least the portion formerly occupied by Mexx Kids). There is interior demolition going on.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 1:35 AM

Quote:
Work is ongoing in this unit at Wheeler Park (the old Smart Set location).

Rumour is that this will be the new permanent location for Country Lane
Hopfully Confirmation will come soon.

Quote:
Well, the mall map now shows Bikini Beach in both the Coach space and the Country Lane space. I wish they would make up their mind!!!

Also, there is now something afoot in the old West49 space (at least the portion formerly occupied by Mexx Kids). There is interior demolition going on.
This seems to be a case of CF Champlain having potential tenants who might be playing games (Not Bikini Beach) But a potential new comer to the mall. I say this as rumors continue on pontential new to CF Champlain, or even New to Moncton tenants are aparently sniffing around CF Champlain along with other locations.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 3:48 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Breaking News:

RUA Sports Fanatic is closing their CF Champlain location. The sales start tomorrow.

Hyba will be closing as well, sometime later this year when their lease runs out. The whole chain is being phased out nationwide.

All other stores are stable (for now), although the final status of lululemon remains uncertain. At present, they are still kinda a long term pop-up store. I think however they may stay.

ECKO Unlimited is similar, a long term pop-up.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Breaking News:

RUA Sports Fanatic is closing their CF Champlain location. The sales start tomorrow.

Hyba will be closing as well, sometime later this year when their lease runs out. The whole chain is being phased out nationwide.

All other stores are stable (for now), although the final status of lululemon remains uncertain. At present, they are still kinda a long term pop-up store. I think however they may stay.

ECKO Unlimited is similar, a long term pop-up.
I honestly can't believe Ecko still exists. I can't remember the last time I've seen anyone wearing the ecko brand outside of my grade 8 class photo. The store is almost always dead anytime I've been to the mall. A modern miracle

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
I honestly can't believe Ecko still exists. I can't remember the last time I've seen anyone wearing the ecko brand outside of my grade 8 class photo. The store is almost always dead anytime I've been to the mall. A modern miracle
Last time I heard about the brand was right after High School from a group who was complaining about the lack of Sizes. If it's true it seems they only have Small, and Medium in womens, and the M is more a S, and S an XS.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces