HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Old Posted Apr 8, 2013, 5:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Perhaps not, but OC Transpo's MOBI and STO's Plani-bus offer integrated trip planning with the other system. They are what I use.
I tried STO's, my biggest issue was lack of a map when it wouldn't recognize the intersection I wanted. Google lets you just drop a marker on the map when all else fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
This raises a good question about where people go for trip planning. I personally would never use Google Maps for transit-based trip planning. If I want to plan for Toronto I would directly to the TTC site, for Montreal AMT-STM, for Paris RATP.

But maybe that's just me. Google Maps has occasional glitches even for driving directions - so I prefer to go the official source when it comes to transit routings and schedules.
I typically use Google if I have no idea what I'm doing, and then use the information it gives me to dig deeper. An excellent example is when I was in Mississauga where Brampton Transit service was also available, Google handled the connection with GO as well. It isn't perfect though, so I tend to double check and overrule it when I know I can do better.

But for most people there is an excellent chance they already have Google Maps on their phone and know how to use it, and probably would be reluctant to download system specific applications for occasional use.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2014, 3:09 AM

So, yeah, nothing is ever going to come of the expensive, delayed, instantly-shelved, dust-gathering NCC interprovincial transit study, is it?

Old Posted Oct 30, 2014, 2:06 PM

As it says in the title, it is just a 'study'. Getting around the Municipalities, the Provinces, the NCC and all the NIMBYs makes the interprovincial strategy near impossible. Not to say it wont happen eventually, there are just too many hoops and loops and rivers to jump accross.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation