HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Wall Centre Central Park II in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Vancouver Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jul 31, 2012, 8:30 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

The neighbourhood insisted on no retail, it wasn't the city. The area residents felt that it would dilute Kingsways viability if they allowed retail. Instead the hope is the additional density will provide additional clients for the Kingsway stretch to improve and serve the greater community.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2012, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFUVancouver View Post
Is your issue that the businesses might be nail salons, hairdressers, etc.? Would it make a difference if the businesses were artisan bakeries, hipster diners, or book stores?
Heh, bookstores. Maybe some record stores too, whatever those are.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2012, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
Heh, bookstores. Maybe some record stores too, whatever those are.
Wasn't there one next to the video store?

Old Posted Aug 22, 2012, 8:48 AM

All I see for last few months is an empty lot. Can someone confirm that Central Park project will go ahead as planned or has it been delayed because the condo market has cooled considerably.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2012, 2:32 PM

^I don't think it's been delayed. Sales were supposed to start in Sep/Oct. They should get enough interest to move ahead with at least a portion of the project.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2012, 8:17 PM
loafing in lotusland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collinghood View Post
All I see for last few months is an empty lot. Can someone confirm that Central Park project will go ahead as planned or has it been delayed because the condo market has cooled considerably.
Condos won't stop being sold until the market has cooled much more than now. Presales guarantee the developer income, even if buyers walk out, and even at the beginning of a large correction or collapse, there are people who buy feeling it's an opportunity while prices have been slashed $10k.

I predict a slight bump up in the next few months, the real estate industry will shout that the market has bottomed and there will be a slight increase before a deeper dive.

That's just a guess... but if we're truly in a bubble, that's usually how they deflate.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2012, 5:28 PM
ON3P Skis

I'm not sure they can start sales just yet, the design of the building still hasn't passed UDP (though the zoning and density is approved). I would assume they will try and get back in front of UDP sometime in September, but I doubt they could start sales until the final design has been approved.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2012, 6:02 AM
Shoebox Dweller

Sales centre going up. Taken on Wednesday by me.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 3:59 AM

This project is really moving very slowly. The ambulance station house remains and being used.
Sales centre is now ready and previews wil start on Feb. 9.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 5:38 AM

I was emailed about this project last week and had some nice renders on it... I meant to post them but I deleted the email and got lazy

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 6:13 AM

these ones?

all pics: vancouver-real-estate-direct.com

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 6:30 AM

The west side of Colligwood is not so bad, but the eastern part of the neighborhood is pretty bland. This project, plus a redevelopment of the Safeway and the Ramada might actually propel a portion of Kingsway to vibrant status.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
The west side of Colligwood is not so bad, but the eastern part of the neighborhood is pretty bland. This project, plus a redevelopment of the Safeway and the Ramada might actually propel a portion of Kingsway to vibrant status.
Ramada has been shut down and from what I understand its being turned in to senior housing...if they are not actually investing too much money in to renovations then maybe it will only be something like 10 years before redevelopment is explored, on the other hand if they will sink lots of money in to it then it will be a lot longer before it gets redeveloped. imo

Personally I think the London drugs site will be the next big lot to be redeveloped in that part of Kingsway. Its a big lot but it lacks parking which is a big big issue at that particular location so I assume the rents are going to be lower then what they could be if it got redeveloped. Also the site seems to be pretty much ignored regarding maintenance which would confirm my feelings (probably the London Drugs lease is going to be the road block until its up for renewal).

Old Posted Mar 9, 2013, 3:14 AM

Adding some new renders from the official project site.

I like this project and am really looking forward to see how they make the whole project work together with the steep grade they have on the Boundary Road side.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2013, 3:21 AM

same and I love the size of the podiums... nice and hefty

Old Posted Mar 9, 2013, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornholio View Post
Personally I think the London drugs site will be the next big lot to be redeveloped in that part of Kingsway. Its a big lot but it lacks parking which is a big big issue at that particular location so I assume the rents are going to be lower then what they could be if it got redeveloped. Also the site seems to be pretty much ignored regarding maintenance which would confirm my feelings (probably the London Drugs lease is going to be the road block until its up for renewal).
Judging from what London Drugs has done before, they seem pretty flexible and supportive about redevelopment of their stores... then again, I'm not sure about how they support this one as it might be the first project that might involve a store closing to put a new one on the same site. I know they built stores at Woodwards and Olympic Village but those were new builds... Kerrisdale and Hastings-Sunrise got replacement stores but the old ones stayed open during construction I believe...?

Old Posted Mar 9, 2013, 6:42 PM

I really like the massing of this development. It's also at the right scale for such a busy arterial road. Not the biggest fan of the tops of either tower, but overall pretty good.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2013, 8:33 PM
Blazed Member - Citygater

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_kuan View Post
Judging from what London Drugs has done before, they seem pretty flexible and supportive about redevelopment of their stores... then again, I'm not sure about how they support this one as it might be the first project that might involve a store closing to put a new one on the same site. I know they built stores at Woodwards and Olympic Village but those were new builds... Kerrisdale and Hastings-Sunrise got replacement stores but the old ones stayed open during construction I believe...?
Hastings-Sunrise is still old and crumby. it has redev plans in the works.

as to WALL CENTRAL PARK .... I personally like it as well. good massing and awesome to see a whole block of single family houses bought out and turned into this.

"orange vested guy" - towerguy3

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 2:07 AM

Today I saw temporary canopy tents erected outside the Sales Office. Has the sales started?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2013, 7:30 PM

Wall Center Central Park

Anyone know how these are selling?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver