HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
915 Glenwood actually abuts the Beltline if Im not mistaken. We've gotten on down at Confederate and walked the old tracks to Krog St several times. For those in the area, eventhough there's not a paved path, it is well traversed and easy to walk that part of the beltline below Krog and down below Glenwood just FYI! I wouldnt really say its for bikers because a good portion is still rail tracks but mountain biking wouldnt be problem.
Some of my favorite parts of the BeltLine are areas not yet built out and feel similar to a nature preserve in need of a little restoration.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 3:06 PM

Building permit filed for "Buckhead Park on Peachtree" at 3667 Peachtree Rd. Twenty townhomes planned, just a bit north of Lenox/Phipps.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 3:15 PM

Also, several building permits filed for more townhomes at 20 28th street in Brookwood. "28th at Brookwood" by Rockhaven Homes.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 3:23 PM

This is a week old, but nice aerial of GSU construction on Turner Field:

From GSU facebook.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 4:53 PM

This may be old hat, but it's interesting to take a look. Scroll down to see some renderings of how the Assembly project in Doraville might turn out.

The Atlanta Business Chronicle says the developers are making an informal presentation to the city today about some proposed changes.

http://www.doravillega.us/Department...020%202015.pdf

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Building permit filed for "Buckhead Park on Peachtree" at 3667 Peachtree Rd. Twenty townhomes planned, just a bit north of Lenox/Phipps.
That section of Peachtree is becoming quite the townhouse row. I would have to think the few remaining older properties will soon be redeveloped.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
This may be old hat, but it's interesting to take a look. Scroll down to see some renderings of how the Assembly project in Doraville might turn out.

The Atlanta Business Chronicle says the developers are making an informal presentation to the city today about some proposed changes.

http://www.doravillega.us/Department...020%202015.pdf
If these plans move forward and are fully built out I was be absolutely impressed with the vision. I think i see private streets and blockades in some of the renderings (Third Rail Studios, p. 18), where i'm against blocking off streets to the public, but in general it seems like a solid project that provides a core to an area with some of the best cultural diversity metro Atlanta has offer.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 6:56 PM
BANNED

The Charles (Buckhead) - Financing in hand; Construction starts in June

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...o-coro-in.html
Quote:
Loudermilk is also behind several Buckhead Village developments, both new and planned, including, “The Charles,” an 18-story condo building at Peachtree and East Paces Ferry roads.

With a construction loan in place from Bank of the Ozarks and up to 17 pre-sales expected to close in the next several weeks, The Charles could be in development by June, Loudermilk said.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
The Charles (Buckhead) - Financing in hand; Construction starts in June

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...o-coro-in.html

This will be a fantastic addition for the neighborhood as well as Atlanta as a whole.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 7:32 PM

it's exciting to see how the village is being shaped by all these new highrises. it really is going to be an urban downtown area, soon.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
it's exciting to see how the village is being shaped by all these new highrises. it really is going to be an urban downtown area, soon.
Looks like it's going to be a lot more pedestrian-oriented than the Buckhead CBD, too. It would be nice to have a MARTA station in the area, though.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 7:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
This will be a fantastic addition for the neighborhood as well as Atlanta as a whole.
I really like what they did with the PARKING GARAGE.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 8:36 PM

buckhead really knows how to put lipstick on a parking garage

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
I really like what they did with the PARKING GARAGE.
It's almost like it's appropriate being nearly a mile away from a HRT station in an enclave 7 miles from the city center

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 9:31 AM

I love the Charles building and am glad it's moving onward. However, I do hate that the nice row of well-preserved brick buildings will be demolished to make way for it. The walkable street presence those lend will be lost. Could they not have made it fit the empty lot up from that row? No point worrying about it now, I guess.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
It's almost like it's appropriate being nearly a mile away from a HRT station in an enclave 7 miles from the city center
I would imagine all the upscale condos in downtown, Midtown and Lenox have parking decks, even though they may be very close to HRT stations. It's just how we roll in this town.

Thankfully some look better than others!

Last edited by arjay57; Apr 15, 2017 at 10:18 PM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 9:31 PM

I'm in Dallas right now and have passed several intown high rise condo & apartment buildings under construction and they all appear to have multiple levels of parking at the base. And these are in relatively close proximity to DART light rail stations. Just an observation while in this rapidly growing city, similar to the pace at which ATL is growing ITP.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2017, 6:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaden View Post
I love the Charles building and am glad it's moving onward. However, I do hate that the nice row of well-preserved brick buildings will be demolished to make way for it. The walkable street presence those lend will be lost. Could they not have made it fit the empty lot up from that row? No point worrying about it now, I guess.
Looking at google maps, I think it's only being built on the empty part of the lot. Maybe I'm wrong though?

https://goo.gl/maps/EhaKB2GbSXA2

Old Posted Apr 16, 2017, 11:40 AM

I live in The Orion right next to the port authority station in hells kitchen and we also have parking.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2017, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Looking at google maps, I think it's only being built on the empty part of the lot. Maybe I'm wrong though?

https://goo.gl/maps/EhaKB2GbSXA2
With the exception of the Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams building they're taking up the rest of the triangular block bordered by Peachtree, Bolling Way, and East Paces Ferry. This knocks out the place where Fish Hawk and the temporary leasing office for Hanover's East Paces project currently stands.

You can still see the corner retailer in the rendering below.

The lot over in your map is for Oliver McMillan's next phase of Buckhead pulling in more office space.

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/places...lanta_phase_ii

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations