HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion

Old Posted Dec 5, 2007, 4:15 PM
It's Hammer Time

2008 - What are you looking forward too?

What are you looking forward to in 2008?

There's are a ton of things that's set to start in 2008 such as Lister Block, City Hall, Innovation Park, Hilton Hotel, downtown terminal, art trail, McMaster Medicine Centre, Farmers' Market, Central Public Library, York Blvd going two ways from James to Bay, waterfront stuff, Centre Mall, pedestrian bridge of the QEW, etc.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2007, 4:16 PM
It's Hammer Time

For me obviously the Lister Block definitely, Innovation Park and the Hilton Hotel. Anxious to see the final plans for the downtown transit terminal.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2007, 5:42 PM
Closed account

Is this the official "Wish List" thread? hehe

Well, what I'm looking forward to:

#1 LISTER BLOCK (obviously)
2) Hilton Hotel -- only b/c they already tore down what existed
3) London Tap House
4) McMaster Innovation Park
5) The next set of announcements for the "Downtown Residential Loan" program... we always get excited to see the new projects even though 75% of them don't go anywhere.

Wish List:

1) NHL in the HAMMER
2) Connaught Block announcement w/ 100% confirmed funding with an anchor restaurant tenant confirmed (it's a WISH list, ok? haha)
3) HHS & HWDSB decide to keep existing building and build a new tower behind it at King/Bay
4) Toronto developers come into town annoucing several REAL condo tower projects
5) King William/Sandbar Tavern building starts construction
6) Someone picks up Century Theater lofts and begins construction
7) Gore Park pedestrianized; the City/Downtown BIA annouces several new Gore Park Festivals
8) Trebble Hall sold & plans for redevelopment announced
9) City adopts Waterfront Trust's design for the Waterfront
10) VIA/GO make announcement for a downtown station at TH&BRy

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 12:44 AM
Hammer'd

Lister Block above all. Any transit improvements are next. I'm pretty excited about the proposed GO train service at James North and possibility of VIA coming back to town.

Also hoping something will happen with Connaught, but who knows. I think that one day we're all just gonna get shocked when work starts happening out of the blue again. Just as quick as the place locked it's doors in 2004.

Mackay/Victoria should be done by summer I would guess. Will definitely pick up the life on that side of Gore. The 5 story across King at John should be done then, as well as the 11 story in International Village. Those two projects are gonna bring TONS of people back downtown, living in the core.

2008 and the years following is gonna be one hell of a time for Hamilton.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion