HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 11:47 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
According to the latest marketing materials on this project, a "national grocer" is at-lease on 20,006 SF of retail space! 19,509 SF of retail space has been committed on the lower level since there was originally 72,000 SF available, discounting the 20,006 SF committed to the "national grocer". Additionally, since there is only 7,118 left of the 12,000 SF available on the mezzanine level, 4,882 SF of space has been committed up there. There is only 39,603 SF left, which means that the retail portion of this project is a little over 52% committed!

This project is very much alive!

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/F8E97...4EB52891A3.pdf
well hopefully that means construction will start soon.

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 1:50 PM

I like this building. It's quite pretty and respectful to the Divine Lorraine. I really hope construction takes off soon!
Ridge/Broad could definitely use this development.

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
well hopefully that means construction will start soon.
I'm sure it is a sign that this project will begin soon! All the permits (including foundation) are in place, tank removal has occurred, and portions of the retail section (including the promised supermarket) are leased out. At this point, RAL is likely waiting to hear back on how much RACP money this project can garner.

Speaking of supermarkets, I wonder if the "national grocer" may be Lidl's new Philly location! If not, I'm sure that this space will go to Acme or something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I like this building. It's quite pretty and respectful to the Divine Lorraine. I really hope construction takes off soon!
Ridge/Broad could definitely use this development.
I agree 100%. The DL and its restaurants will truly succeed with the residents living at 1300 Fairmount. This project will also continue the rebirth of a mixed-use Ridge Avenue, which isn't as far along east of Broad as it is west.

On a related note, I hope that the influx of new residents will push SEPTA to consider remodeling the upper and lower level of the Fairmount stop. The upper level could use a major power washing, and the lower level could use better lighting.

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 5:25 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I'm sure it is a sign that this project will begin soon! All the permits (including foundation) are in place, tank removal has occurred, and portions of the retail section (including the promised supermarket) are leased out. At this point, RAL is likely waiting to hear back on how much RACP money this project can garner.

Speaking of supermarkets, I wonder if the "national grocer" may be Lidl's new Philly location! If not, I'm sure that this space will go to Acme or something similar.

I agree 100%. The DL and its restaurants will truly succeed with the residents living at 1300 Fairmount. This project will also continue the rebirth of a mixed-use Ridge Avenue, which isn't as far along east of Broad as it is west.

On a related note, I hope that the influx of new residents will push SEPTA to consider remodeling the upper and lower level of the Fairmount stop. The upper level could use a major power washing, and the lower level could use better lighting.
I checked for permits the other day- no foundation or building permit currently. They already got money from the state. I think $3m or so. Many months back an article quoted the developer as saying they hoped to start work this summer once everything was in place. But the fact that no permits have been issued aside from tank removal means we aren't likely to see any action soon.

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 7:45 PM

Quote:

LOL half of that station has been closed off and abandoned due to low use (if you are on the lower level there is much more beyond that wall at the end).

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 7:15 PM
BANNED

well almost 5 months after my last post I can report there NOW a foundation permit for this project issued 10/10. Perhaps this thing is actually going to happen after all. I was skeptical.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 7:20 PM

Quote:
well almost 5 months after my last post I can report there NOW a foundation permit for this project issued 10/10. Perhaps this thing is actually going to happen after all. I was skeptical.
Cool.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Excellent news! I always thought something would happen here, as they've actively been leading their retail spaces. A "national grocer" is supposedly moving into the largest space, and the other spots are mostly taken.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 7:55 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowbat2 View Post
LOL half of that station has been closed off and abandoned due to low use (if you are on the lower level there is much more beyond that wall at the end).
The fact that the lower level was designed to platform much longer trains than those currently used on the Spur probably has something to do with it, too.

But yeah, that lower level needs some serious cleanup. That station's filthy.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Oct 24, 2017, 5:03 PM

The upper floors of this project should have pretty sweet, unobstructed views of the Center City skyline. This is a nice density project from an out-of-town builder - hopefully they look to do more work here.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 2:48 PM

What sort of national grocer would only take 20,000 sf? Does that mean bfresh?

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 5:10 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
Aldi and Trader Joe's could take 20k sf. Perhaps this Lidl jawn if they're aggressively expanding but they don't have the brand recognition (here, at least, yet) their competition does.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
Let's talk about bfresh for a second. This name has been attached at various times to 2nd and South (Abbott's Square), 34th and Chestnut (the old EMS space at Domus), HOW Properties' new bldg on 2nd across from the Piazza, and Bloc 23 at 23rd and Bainbridge. There is no permitting or construction activity of any kind at any of these sites, and nothing online to indicate progress. What gives? Is this company overextended? Going under? Incompetent? Did they happen to pick the most problematic landlords/sites in Philly? Seems odd to have heard nothing about any of these.

Point being, let's hope this building signed with a brand that actually exists.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 6:31 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Fishtown View Post
Let's talk about bfresh for a second. This name has been attached at various times to 2nd and South (Abbott's Square), 34th and Chestnut (the old EMS space at Domus), HOW Properties' new bldg on 2nd across from the Piazza, and Bloc 23 at 23rd and Bainbridge. There is no permitting or construction activity of any kind at any of these sites, and nothing online to indicate progress. What gives? Is this company overextended? Going under? Incompetent? Did they happen to pick the most problematic landlords/sites in Philly? Seems odd to have heard nothing about any of these.

Point being, let's hope this building signed with a brand that actually exists.
That’s interesting... at the very least the bfresh on 2nd should be a go, I’ve seen the retail condo marketed for sale as a NNN commercial grade investment.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
Aldi and Trader Joe's could take 20k sf. Perhaps this Lidl jawn if they're aggressively expanding but they don't have the brand recognition (here, at least, yet) their competition does.
Pretty sure Lidl as a company always owns their own real estate so probably not them.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 7:07 PM

This weekend, I walked around the site and noticed something interesting: a permit that I had no knowledge of had been issued on September 18th. This permit called for "an administrative review for a reduction in building height and size", as well as the number of parking spaces:

I would assume that this reduction in project scope means that Broad Street Property Holdings wants to forgo waiting for RACP funding and get this developed. After all, I watched as most of the commercial space got leased out over the summer. There is clearly demand to justify the construction of this building, even if it means a reduction in size.

I also saw the permit, issued on October 10th, that 1487 referred to while I was there; however, I became really confused after reading it. The foundation permit reads: "FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF A FOUNDATION AS PER APPROVED PLAN AND GEOTECHNICAL REPORT; FOR FUTURE HIGH RISE STRUCTURE. NO ENCROACHMENTS IN THE PUBLIC RIGHT OF WAY". My first question would be which "approved plan"? The administrative review was marked as COMPLETE, but I can't find any information on project scope changes. Also, the "NO ENCROACHMENTS IN THE PUBLIC RIGHT OF WAY" portion confuses me. Does this mean that Melon Street will remain on the City Plan? It was due to be struck off the grid in the original site plan. If Melon Street remains, that means that the project may turn out to look entirely different than what was originally rendered.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 7:21 PM

Womp womp! Hopefully not reduced in height too much!

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 9:36 PM

It sounds like they cut a bunch of apartments from the project which may be a good call

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 9:44 PM

What is this bfresh?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 12:29 PM
BANNED

The permit for foundation is ONLY for the foundation and the permit is making it clear they can only build what is shown on the engineered plan for the foundation.

Seems like they cut the size in response to the current state of the market. Also, this project ALREADY got state funding. They are not waiting for a grant.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive