HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 8:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
Tech 12: What neighborhood is that photo you liked? It almost looks like Baltimore or something, I would never guess that was SF.

About the densest census tracts, I can't believe that I've been on this forum since 00 or 01 (been so long I can't remember) and didn't know that SF had the more dense nabes. I could have sworn that LA forumers have always claimed that Westlake/Koreatown had the densest tracts on the West Coast. Weird, maybe I read it wrong or they were posting invalid info.
As others have said, that's SOMA in the foreground, Mission Bay behind it, and dogpatch over where the docks and that power plant in the distance are. The hill rising at the upper right is Potrero Hill, and behind that at the very upper right edge you can see a sliver of the Bayview/Hunters Point as well, with the old Hunters Point naval shipyard extending out from it.

I agree that it almost doesn't look like SF. At least not like your stereotypical view of SF. There's no pointy-roofed Victorian homes, there's two different freeways cutting through the scene, and there's more industrial-looking stuff than most people probably associate with SF (the smokestacks and docks). Also, Mission Bay is basically a brand new neighborhood, that I doubt too many non-SF residents are familiar with, so that might look kind of different too.

As for the census tracts....yeah, LA gets very dense as well, and being such a huge city, it has far more people living at high density overall than SF (more people living, period lol). But SF does have the higher peak densities of the two.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 2:56 AM
E pluribus unum

Unreal quality. One of the best San Francisco threads ever

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 3:10 AM

Beautiful work.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 4:41 PM
furified freestyle

the master always delivers.

dude that transit of venus sequence is biggity bonkers. i got a few shots of it here, but not, you know, with a freakin' world icon in the foreground. you know how to do what you do well.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2012, 4:38 AM

I would quote my favorite shots, but I would only end up quoting the entire set, Lol!

I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times already, but i'm too lazy to look for it. What camera are you shooting with? Canon 5d Mark II?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos