HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Aug 22, 2023, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
Well, looks like this iteration of the project is official dead.

Developers buy long-vacant site next to North Philadelphia train station, plan massive mixed-use project

Hopefully the new ownership can deliver on something.
Very disappointing. I'm not sure when is the "right" time for this area. The BSL and North Philadelphia station faces more years of underutilization and neglect.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2023, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Just received another update on this project: it will be developed via a team of two developers--one local and one from out-of-state. Again, this will potentially become public by early to mid 2023.

I may have additional updates for you all over the next week or two.
Looks like the development team has been named! I will provide additional updates if I receive them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
Well, looks like this iteration of the project is official dead.

Developers buy long-vacant site next to North Philadelphia train station, plan massive mixed-use project

Hopefully the new ownership can deliver on something.
I don't know if the first iteration of the project is dead. I had been giving updates on this project last year, and now that this is public information, I can say that Shift Capital and Essence held meetings with SEPTA using materials that showed a project looking more or less like the HFZ project. The project may be subject to change given market conditions, but they came into SEPTA HQ last year seemingly intent on building out the plan as-is.

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Aug 23, 2023, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Looks like the development team has been named! I will provide additional updates if I receive them.

I don't know if the first iteration of the project is dead. I had been giving updates on this project last year, and now that this is public information, I can say that Shift Capital and Essence held meetings with SEPTA using materials that showed a project looking more or less like the HFZ project. The project may be subject to change given market conditions, but they came into SEPTA HQ last year seemingly intent on building out the plan as-is.
I have to say the renders (probably conceptual) was a bit ridiculous looking but I do like the idea of a tower. Hopefully we can see a bunch of 6-10 floor buildings as well. Hopefully North Philadelphia, North Broad, (BSL) North Philadelphia well get some massive overhauls. It would be nice to have the North Broad station move closer to North Philadelphia station but I doubt that is feasible. Thanks for the updates! Looking forward to more updates!

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 4:35 PM

This is purely just dreaming but I wish the RR platforms on the Reading lines could be moved between Broad and the Penn lines. Ideally one could go from the south end of the BSL station, walk down the Reading platforms and connect directly to the Penn platforms, creating one large triangular station complex. Obviously those retaining walls would need to be significantly bumped out and some space in the basement of 2700 N Broad (which I believe is under renovation??) would be needed. But I see that as an asset, not an obstacle. Squeezing stairs in under the Penn lines would be difficult as well. And there would be some interesting logistics being so close to the junction west of it.

I also wouldn't be opposed to really glamming up this station / area and having NYC to Pittsburgh trains (ideally in a future NYC to Chicago HSR era) use it instead of 30th Street.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprice1828 View Post
This is purely just dreaming but I wish the RR platforms on the Reading lines could be moved between Broad and the Penn lines. Ideally one could go from the south end of the BSL station, walk down the Reading platforms and connect directly to the Penn platforms, creating one large triangular station complex.
I haven't seen any design documents, and there isn't anything allocated in the Capital Budget yet, but this exact scenario is being discussed internally. I imagine that such a project would easily qualify for both state/PennDOT and FTA funding. This is one of potentially three very interesting projects (two from SEPTA, one from Amtrak) that may come to the area in the medium-term.

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 10:53 PM
Show me the blueprints

I concur

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals