HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 26, 2017, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
Thank you, I didn't know.....

That crane is really getting jacked...
In fact it looks like it will be the tallest crane in Midtown since Symphony Tower..

Old Posted Mar 26, 2017, 10:30 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjhajek View Post
I live across the street from that publix in Alta and I must say that it is always busy no matter the time of day.
Tell us more about the Alta Midtown building interior. Are you pleased with the quality of it? Is it relatively quiet?

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 4:21 PM

Camden Buckhead filed a building permit this morning for "Two multi-family buildings constructed with a concrete structure, masonry and glass" at 25 E.Andrews drive. This is the next phase of the huge Camden Paces development.

According to an article from November, "Each of the two buildings will be nine stories tall and will have terrace frontages on Roswell Road. The combined two buildings will have 234 one-bedroom units and 131 two-bedroom units with penthouses on the top floors of the two buildings."

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 4:33 PM

Also, building permits filed this morning for the North American Properties mixed-use project along the Beltline at 670 DeKalb. Construction of this project will delay the expansion of the Beltline eastside trail.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 4:39 PM

GSU is not wasting any time retrofitting Turner Field for their football team.
Curbed article.

"The first construction phase includes reducing the facility’s capacity to 23,000 seats and reconfiguring the field for football. Work will be done by the end of August, when the Panthers take on Tennessee State in their 2017 home opener."

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Camden Buckhead filed a building permit this morning for "Two multi-family buildings constructed with a concrete structure, masonry and glass" at 25 E.Andrews drive. This is the next phase of the huge Camden Paces development.

According to an article from November, "Each of the two buildings will be nine stories tall and will have terrace frontages on Roswell Road. The combined two buildings will have 234 one-bedroom units and 131 two-bedroom units with penthouses on the top floors of the two buildings."
I enjoy that this phase of Camden comes along with a stop light on Roswell Road, which would be great for pedestrians in the area. This project should be a great addition to the neighborhood.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaden View Post
Tell us more about the Alta Midtown building interior. Are you pleased with the quality of it? Is it relatively quiet?
Not exactly sure what more you want but there are only three elevators and one is slow as hell. The amenity level is awesome, but the pool doesn't get sun in late summer. The windows and walls are thick and you can't hear neighbors or outside noises that much. There are pros and cons.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Not exactly sure what more you want but there are only three elevators and one is slow as hell. The amenity level is awesome, but the pool doesn't get sun in late summer. The windows and walls are thick and you can't hear neighbors or outside noises that much. There are pros and cons.
Not exactly sure why you chose to be smug and rude, but whatever. I just like the project, the apartment interiors, and the rooftop pool, and the park, so I was attracted to it and was just curious about first hand experiences.

But nevermind, I shall trouble you no more.

Last edited by Vaden; Mar 27, 2017 at 6:43 PM.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Also, building permits filed this morning for the North American Properties mixed-use project along the Beltline at 670 DeKalb. Construction of this project will delay the expansion of the Beltline eastside trail.
Not a fan of setting precedent to delay construction for private development. However, I am glad the BL is being built to Edgewood Ave. The gap between the tunnel and Edgewood Ave I imagine wouldn't have much foot-traffic until this development is complete.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:21 PM

Quote:
When the designers took form over function, they pretty much rendered the rooftop pool useless for sunbathers even most of the summer.

The park will be a relatively nice amenity but the low-rise units that face the park will have to be content with staring at a 7-8 story parking deck. They didn't even try to mitigate/screen the deck on the inside.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
When the designers took form over function, they pretty much rendered the rooftop pool useless for sunbathers even most of the summer.

The park will be a relatively nice amenity but the low-rise units that face the park will have to be content with staring at a 7-8 story parking deck. They didn't even try to mitigate/screen the deck on the inside.
I find both of these to be agitating.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I enjoy that this phase of Camden comes along with a stop light on Roswell Road, which would be great for pedestrians in the area. This project should be a great addition to the neighborhood.
Parking underground, too. That is good.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:47 PM

SA, I believe there's already a traffic signal at E. Andrews and Roswell Road, or?

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
SA, I believe there's already a traffic signal at E. Andrews and Roswell Road, or?
They're extending a road through the new development and putting in a new light on Roswell Road. It actually sounds like they're making a mini-grid here, and lining up the new roads with existing roads on either side of Roswell and E.Andrews.

"Paces Ferry Place will be continued from within the Camden Paces development to intersect with Roswell Road directly across from the present Gramercy apartment complex. An active traffic signal will be installed at that location as part of the project. Also, Cains Hill Place will also be continued across East Andrews Drive to connect with Roswell Road north of where East Andrews now connects with Roswell. This half-moon new roadway will serve to form the final parcel that Camden will develop in the future as a mixed-use project."

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post

That's a pity for some people but I am a person that enjoys shade.

The Alta Facebook page shows they have planted trees in the park and also a row of trees down the side of the deck, so as they grow perhaps they will help reduce the view of the parking deck. I do think that the city needs a rule that all parking decks visible in residential areas must be screened with something or other. Regardless, I still really like Alta Midtown.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:52 PM

Quote:
They're extending a road through the new development and putting in a new light on Roswell Road.
OK, thanks. If they align the new street more or less opposite Alberta Drive, then another signal makes sense.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
OK, thanks. If they align the new street more or less opposite Alberta Drive, then another signal makes sense.
Pretty sure the new traffic signal will be at the entrance to the Gramercy apartment complex.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 7:16 PM

Money talks.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 9:36 PM

Most of these high rise apartments are based on a business model whereby half of the units are filled with tenants who are not subject to vetting/income verification/credit checks prior to move-in. They last a few months and then are subsequently evicted for drugs, criminal activity, or failure to pay rent. Another third are vacant units, and the remaining third is occupied by "young professionals" who were duped/tricked by the leasing office (or who moved in while the building was largely empty), half of whom break their leases or refuse to renew. It's totally unsustainable.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations