HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturner39 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe Selig does own the entire block. They purchased it in 3/2017 for $14 millon.

https://qpublic.schneidercorp.com/Ap...20010600040144
Yeah, it was just a guess. Here's what it says in the record:

Applicant:
Individual
MEKA REDD
ATLANTA, GA,
Home Phone:
REDDMEKA@YAHOO.COM

Project Description:
1105 WEST PEACHTREE ST FOUNDATION
FOUNDATION AND PARKING DECK FOR MIXED USE DEVELOPMENT
Owner:
CHILD SERVICE & FAMILY COUNSELING CENTER INC

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptychtwo View Post
Yeah, it was just a guess. Here's what it says in the record:

Applicant:
Individual
MEKA REDD
ATLANTA, GA,
Home Phone:
REDDMEKA@YAHOO.COM

Project Description:
1105 WEST PEACHTREE ST FOUNDATION
FOUNDATION AND PARKING DECK FOR MIXED USE DEVELOPMENT
Owner:
CHILD SERVICE & FAMILY COUNSELING CENTER INC
Ah ok. The Commercial Misc. Structural has Selig listed as the owner while the QRC Commercial has it as a different owner. Hopefully someone on here has more insight as to what this means exactly.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Also, Interlock's LD permit is awaiting it's final approval. Should be ready to issue in the next couple of days. Here's a status of everything on the west side, anything else to add?

818 West [Site Prep]
Star Metals (Office & Apartments) [Site Prep]
The Osprey [Site Prep]
8West [LD filed today]
The Interlock [LD issued in the next week & Demo occurring now]
This is a great list and excludes a lot of the proposals west of the tracks. Here's another, recently proposed condo in the area:

"Monte Hewett Homes LLC recently filed plans in Atlanta for the approximately 95-unit project on a nearly one-acre site at 933 Watkins Street.

The project would site just south of 10th Street, near its intersection of Northside Drive. Atlanta-based TSW is the architect."

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Didn't see anyone else post these:

New Business: 975 Chattahoochee Avenue NW – LAND ENGINEERING, INC
The property is zoned I-1. The project involves the adaptive reuse of an existing building for a microbrewery. 5,900SF of
the building will be used for warehouse space, and the remaining 1,800SF will be retail space. The planned scope of work
includes the repaving of the parking lot, ADA access to the building, an expansion of the loading/patio zone and
improvements sidewalk/public right-of-way.

New Business: 444 Angier Avenue NE – EAH Land Acquisitions LLC
The property is zoned RG-4. The project includes the construction of 34 new 3-story townhomes on a 1.17-acre lot.

New Business: 905 Memorial Drive SE – MONTE HEWETT HOMES c/o MORRIS, MANNING & MARTIN, LLP
The property is zoned MRC-3-C. The project is a part of the existing 17-acre Madison Yard Development and this phase
will include the construction of 26 new 3-story townhomes on a 1.68-acre residential tract.

New Business: 628 Edgewood Avenue SE – SHIELDS ENGINEERING GROUP
The property is zoned MRC-3-C. The proposed project includes a 12-story mixed use development with 86 for-sale
apartments with retail on the lower levels, and 188 structured parking spaces on a 0.667-acre tract.

New Business: 555 Boulevard NE – GOODE VAN SLYKE ARCHITECTURE
The property is zoned MRC-3-C. The project includes a 6-7-story building with 100 apartment units, 3,439 SF of retail
space, and a 142-space parking deck on a 0.783-acre site.
More details here, for those interested (from the beltline DRC). Bring on that 628 Edgewood Ave 12 story proposal and 555 Boulevard 6-7 story proposal! Atlanta's infill to the west and east is going to be great for the city:
https://beltlineorg-wpengine.netdna-...er-17-2018.pdf

555 Boulevard:

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturner39 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe Selig does own the entire block. They purchased it in 3/2017 for $14 millon.

https://qpublic.schneidercorp.com/Ap...20010600040144
Interesting link....

Perhaps a division or other related party to Selig Enterprises, then housed in the Spring Street Selig building, may have first invested in it in 2014 for just $3.7 million.

https://corporatesfinder.com/c/ga/1968639/sea-119-llc

Either way, astute buyers who anticipated Midtown's future and willing to pony up after a devastating 2007/2008 real estate recession.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 1:48 PM

Remember that awful project that Comcast proposed to the Midtown DRC right behind the Hanover West Peachtree project? (September 2016)

Quote:
Comcast
A new switching station is proposed in the middle of the site owned by Comcast. The intent is to construct in two phases a single-story, concrete masonry enclosure, flat-roof building consisting of approximately 6,500 SF to house an electronic signal processing system. The plan will include six emergency generators and ten separate HVAC package units. The committee stated appreciation for the applicant’s efforts to make the new building and ancillary devices as subdued as possible and will continue to work with the applicant towards this effort. While the applicant has ensured the committee that the utility uses will be completely screened from West Peachtree, the DRC has requested that the applicant show design plans with similar attention to Spring Street.
https://www.midtownatl.com/about/pro...2016-drc-recap

Good News! It looks like the parcel is now for sale, so hopefully it can be put to better use.

Listing on Loopnet: https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1018...a-GA/14092708/
Marketing Brochure: https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/I8ZwG...Y/document.pdf

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
Remember that awful project that Comcast proposed to the Midtown DRC right behind the Hanover West Peachtree project? (September 2016)

https://www.midtownatl.com/about/pro...2016-drc-recap

Good News! It looks like the parcel is now for sale, so hopefully it can be put to better use.

Listing on Loopnet: https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1018...a-GA/14092708/
Marketing Brochure: https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/I8ZwG...Y/document.pdf
That's great, especially since the parking lot between the hotel and Post Midtown is also up for sale! We could see some nice infill right here, which could be great at helping extend the walkability of the area.

I'm hoping the parcel just to the north of what you have highlighted is eventually sold and redeveloped, too. There's a lot of piping right where an 11th st extension could occur, too.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 2:18 PM

Midtown

This image ^^^ does a great job illustrating how many lots remain to be developed north of 10th street. The difference in density between the area from 10th street southward vs northward is remarkably obvious.

Anyone know when Whole Foods is supposed to open? I have to figure that they're getting close....

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
That's great, especially since the parking lot between the hotel and Post Midtown is also up for sale! We could see some nice infill right here, which could be great at helping extend the walkability of the area.

I'm hoping the parcel just to the north of what you have highlighted is eventually sold and redeveloped, too. There's a lot of piping right where an 11th st extension could occur, too.
I think I remember seeing something about the GT Foundation buying that lot...

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
This image ^^^ does a great job illustrating how many lots remain to be developed north of 10th street. The difference in density between the area from 10th street southward vs northward is remarkably obvious.
Right? I always figured we'd want more residences and interesting retail closer proximity to Piedmont Park than further away. Hopefully we really pack it in north of 10th street (and south of 5th)

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post

Anyone know when Whole Foods is supposed to open? I have to figure that they're getting close....
Most of W Peachtree between 10th and 13th needs to be redeveloped. Spring 2019 is the sign on the Whole Foods.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
I think I remember seeing something about the GT Foundation buying that lot...
Based on my memory, the GT foundation bought the lot adjacent to the Comcast property pictured above in 2016 or so. There was speculation that potentially any new development could include an extension of 11th street to Spring.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2018, 6:06 PM

Does anyone know if the drop off area is actually being removed at Colony Square? I know that was the original plan, but it's looking more and more like they intend to keep it based on renderings, and current site progress.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2018, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clexmond View Post
Does anyone know if the drop off area is actually being removed at Colony Square? I know that was the original plan, but it's looking more and more like they intend to keep it based on renderings, and current site progress.
I walk by it everyday and I still can’t tell. They have it fenced off, I really hope they nix it. They’re doing a good job adding shrubbery and flowers though to other sections.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2018, 10:09 PM

From the looks of the plans, the ramp up and the ramp down are staying; but most of the current semi-circular car drop-off area is going to turn into a wider plaza/sidewalk space.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 2:31 AM

A collection of update photos

EAV Townhomes:

Decatur High School (near it):

Fuqua (Memorial and Bill Kennedy):

Memorial Drive:

Theory West Midtown:

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnihiser View Post
EAV Townhomes:

Memorial Drive:
Which project is this, Atlanta Dairies? I don't think i realized it had a residential component! Memorial Drive is blowing up with residences and retail, which should really help the city as a whole. Atlanta Dairies in general looks like an amazing addition for Atlanta. Add in the Modera Reynoldstown now under construction across the street and there's going to be a lot of people and retail competing/rivaling with most other Atlanta neighborhoods at the moment.

Last edited by Street Advocate; Oct 23, 2018 at 2:12 PM.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 3:05 PM
Google Steffen Thomas

This will be interesting to watch....

https://www.investatlanta.com/impact...velopment-fund

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomtown View Post
This will be interesting to watch....

https://www.investatlanta.com/impact...velopment-fund
I see this as a start... $15mil will not go a long way in TOD, though. IMO, Invest Atlanta, the City of Atlanta, and MARTA need to think bigger dreams of how to provide more TOD's in general.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2018, 4:48 PM

The Interlock:
The rooftop at The Interlock is expected to include an upscale 12,000-square-foot, two-story restaurant and outdoor bar. It will also have a private pool and lounge with a retractable roof. A highlight will be an infinity pool that “drops off into the city skyline,” according to a media release.

Also at the Tuesday conference, Garrison revealed the first retail tenant for The Interlock. Saint-Germain Bakery, which also has a small location at Ponce City Market, will take about 2,000 square feet at The Interlock.

In total, The Interlock will feature 200,000 square feet of office space, a 50,000-square-foot incubator space operated by Georgia Technology Ventures, and 105,000 square feet of retail. It will also have 350 apartments, 70 single-family homes and a 145-key Marriott Tribute hotel.

Atlanta Business Chronicle previously reported plans for the hotel. At the conference, Garrison said it would be called “The Bellwood.”

The project is set to break ground next month, with the goal of opening in third-quarter 2020.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ntas-most.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations