HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 8:20 PM
Community Guy

You can see it tap his helmet, it would kill.

I hate divers more than just about anyone, but I have also had the fun of stitches in head and trying to play goal with things hitting it.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 8:33 PM
Change is good

What I see is Hall hitting bad ice and falling. I also see a bad call by the refs. That shouldn't have been a penalty.

Good grief...

Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 8:36 PM

^ a penalty did not actually get called on the play.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 8:37 PM
Change is good

By the way, you don't see other NHL players calling out many other teams as divers, like they do of the canucks.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/...anucks_diving/

Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 8:37 PM
Change is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintzilla View Post
^ a penalty did not actually get called on the play.
then whats the problem here?? Hall didn't dive, and their was no penalty on the play.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
You can see it tap his helmet, it would kill.

I hate divers more than just about anyone, but I have also had the fun of stitches in head and trying to play goal with things hitting it.
Looked like the shoulder pad and nothing else to me, but like feepa said, there was no penalty so it doesn't really even matter. If the stick did hit his head it would have hurt for sure, those stitches are pretty nasty.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 9:24 PM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealplaces View Post
5 games isn't exactly much to go by...... Last year you were posting videos of Cammalleri's goals with the caption 'Thank You Calgary' Last year Subban was the new version of Christ, and the year before that Komisarek was the new savior.
Cammalleri played OK in his first 2 seasons and was a beast in the playoffs.

This year however things weren't going well for him and he was a distraction for the team (seemed unhappy with his linemates and so on).
I like him as a player and wish him all the best in Calgary but he wasn't a fit anymore and we needed to get bigger.

Subban is good young D-men. He only needs to be coached on how to become a professional hockey player. A lot athletes have sophomore slumps so it's nothing unusual.

As for Komisarek... well... one word... OVERRATED!

Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 9:59 PM

So I see there's not even a hearing for the Sestito hit.

I am convinced the NHL still uses a dart board for suspending open ice hits to the head, mostly because nobody seems to be able to agree where the damn line is. By dishing out suspensions completely haphazardly they're really doing a marvelous job keeping everyone guessing as to what is OK and what isn't.

Submarine a guy? No problem. Unless it is, in which it's 5 games.
Hit to the head in open ice? SUSPENSION! Or not. Maybe.
Check into the boards? No problem. Oh wait, sometimes it is!

Shanahan stinks.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 11:31 PM

The Jets need to have a firesale. Not necessarily because we are losing, but we need to future plan.

We are loaded on the backend, with plenty of players on the roster and not in our top 6, or in St. Johns (AHL) that can play bottom pairing minutes and do a great job (Mark Flood, Arturs Kulda... maybe Paul Postma and Derek Meech).

Bogosian - Stuart
Byfuglien - Enstrom
Hainsey - Oduya

Randy Jones

The above 7 is what we can currently trot out. Thankfully, in a strange way, due to injuries we have been able to juggle things. However, after the ASG, health will return I imagine and the Jets will have some decisions on there hands. They could send Mark Flood down to the AHL (who has been phenomenal as a bottom pairing guy in extended opportunities) but he would certainly be plucked from waivers. Realistically, the Jets have no intention of losing Flood who is young-ish and very effective. Both Johnny Oduya and Randy Jones are on the last year of their contract. Oduya is apparently part of the leadership group (a bigger group), but is overpaid, and over 30, so he is a likely candidate to be dealt (we have to move AT LEAST 1 defenseman). Randy Jones is almost assuredly not in the Jets long term plans, and with very little money remaining on his deal, coupled with the fact that he is a serviceable bottom pairing guy means that he is a prime candidate to be dealt at the deadline.

Up front the Jets have some decisions to make. Jim Slater is a free agent after the season, but is a big part of our team (great on face-offs, leadership, and centers our very effective GST checking line). He could be dealt, but I would be surprised if it happened. The same holds true for Tanner Glass, who is a pending free agent, but a valued member of our team, and critical member of the GST line. Likely forwards to be moved are Kyle Wellwood who is on the last (and only) year of an absurdly cheap deal (~700k) and by any objective guess would have to be believed to not factor into the Jets future plans. He is also most recently a proven playoff performer, so he is a prime candidate to be dealt. Interesting, there exists a strange relationship in Winnipeg between certain fans, and Evander Kane. That is a very tough situation to judge, and while I do not think we would be shopping him, if the the right opportunity knocked I do not think he would be considered untouchable (in the way that Bogosian, Pavelec and perhaps Byfuglien are). I hope some team would be willing to take Eric Fehr off of our hands, but I suppose that is wishful thinking. He will not be extended the QO ($2.2 million I think) in the off-season, and his only chance of coming back would be a willingness to play for peanuts. Even then, there does not seem to exist any faith from coach Noel that he can produce in any capacity. He is the definition of spare part on the roster.

In the end of the day, we obviously need to stockpile picks because we have atrocious offensive talent. Blake Wheeler is solid, as is Nik Antropov (does so many little things... do not understand why he has haters), but outside of Kane, our next two best offensive players are defensemen Dustin Byfuglien and Toby Enstrom. At least Alexander Burmistrov has big time upside, and Mark Scheifele should be in the fold next year. Right now however, we clearly lack pop in the lineup.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 11:45 PM

^ Hemsky and our 2nd round pick for Bogosian straight up

Old Posted Jan 26, 2012, 12:38 AM

We would never get rid of Bogosian.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2012, 12:40 AM

He is one of our most talented defensemen and he is young. He is amazing and will only get better. Out of our D I believe that Byfuglien, Enstrom, Bogosian, Stuart and Hainsey are untouchables.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2012, 1:47 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintzilla View Post
^ Hemsky and our 2nd round pick for Bogosian straight up

Old Posted Jan 26, 2012, 1:49 AM

Habs up 6-0 on the wings in the second.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2012, 2:05 AM
Registered Loser

that ain't right.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2012, 2:32 AM
Registered User, Maybe

It anit right, but I like it! And not because I like the habs.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2012, 4:02 AM
Go Chiefs!

Habs score 6 goals in 24 minutes against the best team in the NHL, the Detroit Red Wings...

Rene Bourque scores a goal and adds an assist. He easily played his best game as a Hab.

Cole-Desharnais-Pacioretty...

Desharnais: 2 goals, 3 pts tonight
Cole: 1 goal, 3 pts tonight
Pacioretty: 1 goal, 2 pts tonight

I'm not kidding, this is the best line in the NHL right now.

EDIT:

Last edited by Nicko999; Jan 26, 2012 at 4:24 AM.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2012, 4:15 AM

Forgot to insert Zetterberg and Franzen into my starting lineup. I chose the right night to forget. lol

Old Posted Jan 26, 2012, 6:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
By the way, you don't see other NHL players calling out many other teams as divers, like they do of the canucks.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/...anucks_diving/
The canucks divers are either euro sedins or chippy lapierre types. Hall is a canadian star player! Thats even worse!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2012, 2:48 PM

Leafs extend John-Michael Liles for 4 years at 3.85 per. Compared to his current 4.2.

Considering he single handedly kept the Leafs PP afloat, that is a pure steal. Apparently Liles really likes Toronto and wants to finish his career here if possible.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada