HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 4:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
What? In a bedroom suburb like Castle Rock? It’s like one of the worst towns along the Front Range to have access to the mountains given that you have to head north or south for 20-30 miles before heading west along a mountain route with something interesting to do.

As for the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.... meh. I find the Denver Zoo more attractive, but that’s just my own view.
I'm only temporarily in Castle Rock. I'm building a house in Larkspur. Probably even more remote from the mountains. But much closer to places like Palmer Lake. Nice hiking in that area. Also, there are quite a few small hiking parks in the Larkspur area without large crowds like some Denver Mtn. Parks. Also, I don't ski. But, really Larkspur was the last place I could afford to buy land.

Now, I do really need to see the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 6:24 PM

^ You'll love it down in Larkspur bro-sooo much to do around there-I really do miss Castle Rock and that area south of there (don't miss the cold though)-I use to film a lot of trains on the joint line that runs through there, great place to watch thunder storms as well-Palmer Lake area has a lotta hiking trails too. My Rabbi built a house on Woodmore Mountain.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 4:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleScott View Post
^ You'll love it down in Larkspur bro-sooo much to do around there-I really do miss Castle Rock and that area south of there (don't miss the cold though)-I use to film a lot of trains on the joint line that runs through there, great place to watch thunder storms as well-Palmer Lake area has a lotta hiking trails too. My Rabbi built a house on Woodmore Mountain.
Yeah, I see a lot of trains down here. When they're carrying wind turbines, they can be pretty ominous looking. Very alien looking. I've been exploring the trails. They are everywhere and so not crowded.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 9:47 PM

^ Yeah those turbine trains almost look like they should be in a Star Wars movie, hey do you fish? I do and I remember that Palmer Lake had some large trout stocked in it ahh the memories of central front Range Colorado. My old synagogue was on the east frontage road of I-25 right on top of Monument Hill-it was once a Lindal cedar show home-we use to call it the "Cowboy Synagogue" as there was lots of country folks who went there..

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 5:25 AM
Arachnid Wrangler

Hughes Stadium Demolition

Fantastic video highlighting Hughes Stadium demolition.
Video Link

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 11:12 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Why’d they replace the stadium?

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 11:44 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
Why’d they replace the stadium?
Colorado needed a decent college football stadium- not that shithole in Boulder.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted May 5, 2018, 11:02 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

This is my fault. I was hoping we'd just make fun of CSU for having bad football and that dig at CSU would land.

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 5:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Colorado needed a decent college football stadium- not that shithole in Boulder.
You can't possibly mean the stadium with the Flatirons in the background?

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 1:30 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
This is my fault. I was hoping we'd just make fun of CSU for having bad football and that dig at CSU would land.
If CU had good football it would work. It's like one neckbeard getting into a fight with another neckbeard about who's cooler.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 6:28 PM

Who knew that Westminster and France had so much in common

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/n...oped-with.html
Quote:
The new pedestrian-friendly, mixed use development on the site... at U.S. 36 and Sheridan Boulevard could be home to the next generation of interlinked heating and cooling systems for the new buildings.
A French connection?
Quote:
Westminster envisions up to 6 million square feet of new development and has partnered with Engie Services Inc., part of Engie’s North American operation. Engie, based in French, is a global electric utility company that generates and distributes electricity, natural gas and renewable energy.

In Westminster, Engie will work with developers to reduce energy use in the new buildings if they choose to participate in a new “Westminster Reduced Energy District” project.
What about Xcel Energy?
Quote:
“Now that we have the agreements in place [with Engie and Xcel Energy], as developers come to the site we’ll introduce them to Engie and model scenarios where they could have their own heating and cooling system and also how they can save money by connecting to Engie’s systems,” Ochtera said.
Once again, Westminster is out front, setting the pace in metro Denver.

Old Posted May 30, 2018, 6:43 PM

Light rail through Aurora could be a factor in skyrocketing home prices
May 26, 2018 by Eric Lupher/Denver7 News
Quote:
The City of Aurora has always been known to be the place for more affordable homes, but that is starting to change. The Woodrim neighborhood is a perfect example. It sits just south of Iliff, east of Interstate 225.

Realtor Wesley Hardin tells Denver7 that home values have gone up between 10 and 13 percent in Woodrim year-to-year. That percentage is higher than the overall average in Aurora. Homes are selling in Woodrim for close to $400,000. So why is Woodrim so hot?
I have no idea why this area is hot. I'm only generally familiar with the area; it's not in Cherry Creek School Dist. It does have some quite nice townhomes.

I still contend that Aurora has some of the best TOD and more dense development potential outside of Denver due to its strategic location and transportation bones. Biggest problem is that all the national guys that populate downtown Denver have no interest so it's dependent on more local oriented developers. I have heard there's interest. Although it's not been in their DNA so far, I've wondered if local builder MDC/Richmond might not look some day to what could be urban-style development on a reasonably large scale?

Old Posted May 31, 2018, 2:20 AM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

A college in Colorado Springs may break ground on a new hockey rink.

https://twitter.com/CCHockeyNews/sta...95963009613825

Looking at the infill site, I'm betting this is a practice facility.

Old Posted May 31, 2018, 8:29 PM

Quote:
A college in Colorado Springs may break ground on a new hockey rink.

https://twitter.com/CCHockeyNews/sta...95963009613825

Looking at the infill site, I'm betting this is a practice facility.
Very much so. Just replacing Honnen.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 6:00 PM

Just as downtown Denver is building upward toward the sky so is downtown Westminster.

Video Link

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 9:18 PM

^^^ All the more reason to bring the B line up to "downtown" Westminster.

Although at least the Sheridan Park and Ride is right there for convenient FF to Union Station.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 1:11 AM

Another tech company expanding their footprint into the Denver area, this time Broomfield:

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/n...ters-jobs.html

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 11:22 PM

It's time to up our marketing game for the largest resort/hotel project in Colorado

Video Link

Old Posted Jul 22, 2018, 12:21 AM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
[B]It's time to up our marketing game for the largest resort/hotel project in Colorado
Went by it today heading home from the airport. It’s such an ugly piece of shit style wise and setting wise. I do love how they use Tower Road Landfill in the background as a fill-in for actual mountains.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2018, 6:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
It's time to up our marketing game for the largest resort/hotel project in Colorado

Video Link
Did they really say, "inspired by the natural beauty of SENTINAL State."? : Unbelievable, that no one from Colorado has ever proofed this video.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West