HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jul 10, 2023, 5:23 PM

Just a few pictures from the South Waterfront and, uhumm, Riverplace. Please don't mind me for expanding the South Waterfront a bit north.

Absolutely obsessed with these bio swales and pedestrian bridges to access their front patios/doors on streets without retail.

and a few randoms...

Dough Zone, where you can get a two course lunch for under $15 and sooo good, and the view is stunning!

Old Posted Jul 10, 2023, 6:43 PM

Regarding the OSHU Schnitzer Lot:

Quote:
In response to the COVID-19 global pandemic, OHSU has been forced to change its phased development plans for the SOWA Campus and does not plan to redevelop the Schnitzer Lot until 2043 at the earliest. To accommodate this change in development phasing and allow OHSU¿s SOWA Campus to continue functioning properly, OHSU requests a revision to LU 12-117334 PR Conditions A and B, to extend the term of the Schnitzer Lot by 10 years.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2023, 8:54 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxsg34 View Post
Regarding the OSHU Schnitzer Lot:
Oh good, so once I hit the beginning of retirement age, I might get to see this area start seeing construction...

Old Posted Jul 10, 2023, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
Oh good, so once I hit the beginning of retirement age, I might get to see this area start seeing construction...
LOL, I see how that can read, but not necessarily. OHSU still has three or four developable parcels on the Schnizer Campus that aren't parking lots, plus another five+ blocks in the South Waterfront district proper, including two large blocks along the Willamette. As far as I know, OHSU is not proposing turning them into lots so hopefully that means they're still planning growth. Their focus right now though is getting the new hospital up on the main campus complete.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2023, 7:52 PM

Request for Response for the Zidell subdivision.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Sep 27, 2023, 6:07 PM

Notice of Land Use Final Findings & Decision for a New Stormwater Outfall, necessary for the Zidell Yards project to move forward.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jan 8, 2024, 4:23 PM

Notice of Type II Proposal for 2600 S Moody Ave:

Quote:
This site is developed with a 529-space surface parking lot (the “Schnitzer lot”). This parking lot is owned by Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) and used by OHSU employees and visitors. The parking lot was originally approved by a Central City Parking Review in 2006 (case file LU 05-125472 PR), and conditions of approval required the parking lot to be removed by January 1, 2013. In 2012, another Central City Parking Review (LU 12-117334 PR) amended these conditions of approval to allow the parking lot to remain an additional 15 years, until January 1, 2028. The applicant’s request in the current Central City Parking Review is to amend the prior conditions of approval again to allow the Schnitzer parking lot to remain an additional 15 years, until January 1, 2043.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2024, 8:22 PM

Quote:
So they are demonstrating that they have zero interest in ever developing that lot and want it to remain parking. They will just keep looking for conditional extensions. I hope they don't pass this. What a waste of prime space in South Waterfront.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2024, 4:07 AM

Quote:
What an absolute joke.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland