HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs

Old Posted May 11, 2019, 12:28 PM

Read through the site plan docs (thanks Hamilton Forward), can really see all the tools in the chest coming out to stall or stop the development - everything from a bird study, to minor variances, to the need for hundreds of more parking spaces and "incompatible" height step-downs.

Old Posted May 11, 2019, 7:43 PM

Is this a revised/ updated plan for this project? None of those towers appear to be over 50 stories.

EDIT: Sorry, I spoke before reading the panning document. It stills lists the originally proposed heights. Not sure why this rendering doesn't add up for me...
Anyway, given the conformity to the zoning requirements, what does planning committee have to do with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonForward View Post

Old Posted May 11, 2019, 8:07 PM
Forever forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyhamont View Post
Is this a revised/ updated plan for this project? None of those towers appear to be over 50 stories.

EDIT: Sorry, I spoke before reading the panning document. It stills lists the originally proposed heights. Not sure why this rendering doesn't add up for me...
Anyway, given the conformity to the zoning requirements, what does planning committee have to do with this?
City Council voted to remove delegated authority on this file. Usually, site plan approvals are given without a council vote. But given the size of this application, and the political realities, city council will have to eventually vote on whether or not they give site plan approval.

Of course, I’m sure legal will flesh out the repercussions of denying the application - straight to LPAT where they can get their permit.

Edit: I believe this is an older rendering. I am not sure though. Just interesting to see the variation of renders and plans.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs