HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 8:37 PM

It would be nice to get more info on the possible West Infill. It's listed as a possible interim improvement. The only info I've seen about it is, " Additionally, the ovoid shape of Checkpoint One(East Infill) could be repeated in a new West Infill project for BJT, a concessions node in the new midfield concourse, and ovoid shaped skylights in the pavilion roof. "

There is an item in the construction schedule called "West Infill-Temp Ground Load" that could be open as early as 2021 but I'm not sure if that is the full infill project that we saw on the east or just a temporary entrance to help with closures during the new terminal building construction.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:05 AM

First scheduled A220 service started yesterday from DTW. The 220 has been diverted here before for fueling but this is the first scheduled service. Spoke with a source who told me DL is bringing the 220 in so ground crews can get familiarized with the plane. Who knows what that holds for AUS and future routes with the 220.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...135Z/KDTW/KAUS

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin1971 View Post
JetBlue responded by adding a 3rd daily to BOS. Ball's in your court DL....

http://otp.investis.com/clients/us/j...1&newsid=64578
Interesting. AA is going to get its ass handed to itself in this market. Delta has enough and growing connections to Europe from Boston that it's a viable hub, but AA is all O/D traffic.

JetBlue in turn will start pushing cheap Europe flights in 2021 on A321XLs from Boston.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:20 PM

According to a.net, BA is switching to the A350-1000 next year.

I guess they gotta upgrade in response to the new competition, the 747’s were kind of dated.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvgeekDL View Post

I guess they gotta upgrade in response to the new competition, the 747’s were kind of dated.
That’s great news if true, I had always though the end game for BA at AUS would have the A350 involved! We will have the best plane in BA’s inventory, stunning outside and inside. Did bookings and the A350 will be here from March 29th to October 24th, then back to a 777.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:35 PM

Quote:

It'll help for takeoffs if the west runway is closed for a few months next year for maintenance.

EDIT: Nvm. I don't think the west runway will close until Dec 2020.

Last edited by freerover; Yesterday at 8:53 PM.

Old Posted Today, 1:06 AM

Quote:

The equipment change to 350-1000 was known well before the additional service announcements were made - back in late July. I don't recall if it is seasonal or year round.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin