HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Can someone tell me where that building came from in the second photo over to the right. It must be on Greenwich, but I don't recall anyone mentioning it or is the another thread that give detail to the building?
Thanks. Sorry for mixing comments, but it is in photo.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 7:15 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZeig1 View Post
Can someone tell me where that building came from in the second photo over to the right. It must be on Greenwich, but I don't recall anyone mentioning it or is the another thread that give detail to the building?
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=184311

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 7:16 PM

Quote:
That's Fiterman Hall. It's on Greenwich to the North of 7 WTC.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 7:21 PM
DENNAB

so according to that article, the observatory and windows on the world changed places, also the offices will rise to the 90th floor not the 88th, I guess that means that the last two will have super high ceilings for some kind of executive area or something.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
so according to that article, the observatory and windows on the world changed places, also the offices will rise to the 90th floor not the 88th, I guess that means that the last two will have super high ceilings for some kind of executive area or something.
I seem to remember that levels 89 & 90 were supposed to be for TV broadcast equipment but now that the TV stations will not be broadcasting from there they probably decided to use them for offices.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 9:29 PM
BROOKLYN

Quote:
If you read this thread you would see that you weren't the first or the last person to ask that. It's the Fiterman Hall.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 10:47 PM
JACKinBeantown

Nice! .

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey View Post
If you read this thread you would see that you weren't the first or the last person to ask that. It's the Fiterman Hall.
That might be true, but I check this thread almost everyday. Don't have much to say - just adoring American engineering; unfortuately, I don't read every single comment. MY BADD. But due to the photos displaying the building so conspicuously I just had to... I will search every comment next time. Forgive me...

Old Posted Dec 8, 2010, 12:16 AM
BROOKLYN

Quote:
That might be true, but I check this thread almost everyday. Don't have much to say - just adoring American engineering; unfortuately, I don't read every single comment. MY BADD. But due to the photos displaying the building so conspicuously I just had to... I will search every comment next time. Forgive me...
You don't need to look at every comment because it is a very common question (as was implied)...And its not a bad thing it is just annoyingly repetitive

Old Posted Dec 8, 2010, 12:30 AM
Honored Member

Thanks for typing out the article NYGuy, I almost didn't notice the typos. (Many many hours spent in chat rooms I just read right past them.)

Let's see, there has been no official change of the designation of the 89th and 90th floors, they are still broadcast floors unless someone want's 20 foot ceilings. (Maybe some rich guy would like to lease them, they would make a great apartment with some GREAT views !)( Actually, even though the MTVA deal fell through they will still have broadcast equipment on those floors, just not as much.)

The ceiling heights of the floors above the sky lobby are no different than those below, all the office floors have a 13' 4" slab to slab hight.

The OB deck and the restaurant are reversed, the Restaurant is on the 100, 101st floors, the OB is 102.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2010, 2:43 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
so according to that article, the observatory and windows on the world changed places,
I think Lois probably got that mixed up. The Port Authority says the observation deck will be at top, with two levels.

http://www.dnainfo.com/20101207/down...p-for-holidays
World Trade Center Towers Light Up for the Holidays
Workers at One World Trade Center and Tower 4 put up brightly colored lights for the holiday season.

By Julie Shapiro
December 7, 2010

Quote:

MANHATTAN — One World Trade Center is getting in the holiday spirit this year, with brightly colored lights that are visible from blocks around.

The red, green, yellow, blue and pink lights went up recently along the eastern face of the steel and concrete skyscraper, illuminating it like a giant 50-story Christmas tree.

"It’s a good will thing, to cheer up the job site for the holiday season," said Peter Amabile Jr., senior vice president of Five Star Electric, the tower’s electrical contractor.

The Five Star team created the display by swapping out the clear bulbs that normally light the open concrete floors and replacing them with tinted ones. Amabile said he picked a broad array of colors, rather than just red and green, to make the exhibit "universal."

The lights are on 24 hours a day to help workers in the tower see what they’re doing, but the colors are only visible from street level at night.

The colored bulbs are more expensive than regular ones, but Amabile said the cost was worthwhile.

Despite the cold, windy weather, many passersby stopped to admire the lights on a recent evening and several tourists took pictures.

"It looks beautiful," said Raziq Ali, 47, a Bronx resident, as he walked past the World Trade Center site.

"I think it’s cool," agreed Dave Dalpe, 33, a Jersey City resident who was gazing up at the lights. "It looks pretty as you’re walking down Vesey Street."

Just to the south, a much smaller display is visible on Tower 4, another office tower that is rising at the site. Workers draped several strings of multicolored Christmas lights over the base of the two tower cranes, adding a merry touch to developer Larry Silverstein’s construction.

Amabile expects to keep the bolder lights at One World Trade Center up through early January, so they can continue spreading holiday cheer during the cold weather.

"It’s a happy thing," he said.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2010, 4:34 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Let's see, there has been no official change of the designation of the 89th and 90th floors, they are still broadcast floors unless someone want's 20 foot ceilings.
CEO offices etc. and top firms might want higher ceilings... Maybe Bill Gates or Carlos Slim will make it their new place of residence

since the 89th and 90th floors are so large why don't they just add another floor or two and lower their ceiling heights, since it's closer to the top it couldn't throw the design that much off could it?

Old Posted Dec 8, 2010, 5:05 AM
Honored Member

I think you should have read my entire comment, those floors are not up for grabs. There is still broadcast equipment that needs housing.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2010, 3:40 PM
New Yorker for life

This one's a little older, but I like the view...

Simon Gilmour

GaborCs

roccocell

A shot from wtc.com

Last edited by NYguy; Dec 8, 2010 at 4:04 PM.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2010, 4:12 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey View Post
You don't need to look at every comment because it is a very common question (as was implied)...And its not a bad thing it is just annoyingly repetitive
I think it's OK for someone to ask a question every now and then. If you don't have all day to read through pages of comments, it's hard to find the information you're looking for. If you don't want to read or answer someone's question for them, just skip to the next one... pretty simple. (And if you disagree with me you could say so, or you could just skip it.)

(Moderators: the intention of this post is to help the flow of conversations. I'm not trying to insult anyone. )

Old Posted Dec 8, 2010, 4:34 PM

Crane Jumping

North tower crane about to be jumped.

Discovery Cam 2

Ever since Zensteeldude (?) posted that video sometime ago showing how this process works, I've been amazed by this tech.

With this technology, all the crane's support is always visible, unlike a kangaroo crane where the crane's tower grows with the building.

And what a great view of it from this cam.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2010, 4:43 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyr View Post
Ever since Zensteeldude (?) posted that video sometime ago showing how this process works, I've been amazed by this tech.
Accidentally making a case for my last comment, can you please direct me to that video? If not, I understand.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2010, 5:01 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Daquan was right: It looks like this tower will be built all the way to the top!

Old Posted Dec 8, 2010, 6:40 PM

I just wandered past so thought I'd nab a few shots. All Dec 08 2010

Old Posted Dec 8, 2010, 6:50 PM
BANNED

VERY BEAUTIFUL GLASS!!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive