HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 25, 2004, 11:46 AM

SHANGHAI | Projects & Construction

For those who are fans of Shanghai skyscrapers, I have list of new buildings to expect in the time frame of 2004 and 2005.

Quite firm projects:
1. Lujiazui X3-2, 200m, designed by Pei Partnership Archtects
2. Lujiazui D3-5 (Itochu Development Tower), 123m
3. Lujiazui X2 (SHKP), at least 250m
4. Lujiazui B4-3 (Havana Hotel), 120m

There are also projects talked for some time but no confirmed info.
1. Shimao New City in North Bund, 100m twin towers?
I heard there are uncertainties about this plan.
2. North Bund Tower
3. 200m tower in Taipingqiao area
4. Rockefeller Tower
5. Concord Square (3 200m+ buildings in Jinan)

Any other new projects you are aware?

Old Posted May 26, 2004, 1:15 AM

At least the stuff isn't halted due to the skyscraper ban thing in Shanghai.

Old Posted May 26, 2004, 9:00 AM

About the Lujiazui-Itochu Development Building, do you know if it will be build? Such a long time since its status is "on hold" do you have details about its coming construction?

Any news about the 21th Century Mansion? Same thing, it is "on hold" since so many years...

Is there any mention of the Future Dome in the Shanghai press ? A typical prestigious "World Expo monument" that could really see the light I guess.

Did you noticed that on the North Bund bank, a giant painting representing a rendering of the future area has been exposed since mid-april? Could it be a sign construction is about to begin there?

http://community.webshots.com/s/image8/0/17/2/141101702EFVTBQ_ph.jpg
Full resolution :
http://community.webshots.com/s/image8/0/17/2/141101702EFVTBQ_fs.jpg

Old Posted May 26, 2004, 9:58 AM

1. I read one news that Itochu has sold its shares to Lujiazui Development recently. In the same news it claim that the building will be built.
2. No idea about 21th Century Mansion at all. The foundation was done in 2000.
3. The Future Dome is very new... not even exposed in local media. But we should not rule it out in the revamped World Expo planning. E.g. the bridge was just recently cancelled.
4. For North Bund, it seems it's quite complicated between the developers and the government... Shimao is now only partially in the plan..., probably still has rights to develop on 1/3 of plot. It says the government is talking to no less than 10 developers now.

Old Posted May 27, 2004, 2:38 AM

How about the pyramid shaped stadium (which includes a hotel) that has been approved by the government? I heard it's over 200m tall.....and there's a thread of it somewhere on this forum.

Old Posted May 28, 2004, 8:42 PM

Re: Shanghai skyscrapers to expect in near future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchen

There are also projects talked for some time but no confirmed info.
1. Shimao New City in North Bund, 100m twin towers?
I heard there are uncertainties about this plan.
2. North Bund Tower
3. 200m tower in Taipingqiao area
4. Rockefeller Tower
5. Concord Square (3 200m+ buildings in Jinan)
What's Rockefeller doing in Shanghai ?

Old Posted May 29, 2004, 6:21 AM

The Rockefeller Center is planned in the Huangpu district somewhere in between the Bund and the Shimao International Plaza, no more details are known by now. Depending on its height, it might have a important impact on the Bund skyline :

This article appeared in ‘Focus Property’ – Shanghai Daily Newspaper, August 05, 2003

Rockefeller eyes Nanjing Road E

US-based conglomerate Rockefeller Group plans to build a landmark building on Nanjing Rd. E, where the group’s Southeast Asian headquarters will be located, source with Huangpu District government said.

Rockefeller is discussing with the district government an investment plan for the northern part of Nanjing Rd. E. between Jiangxi Rd. M and Henan Rd. M, said an official with the Huangpu District government who asked not to be identified.

‘The Rockefeller Group hopes to create a landmark building on China’s famous commercial center, Nanjing Rd. said the official ‘The name of the building is likely to be Rockfeller Center.’

The complex will include offices and shopping areas, he added.

Rockfeller will buy the land where Hengdeli Clock and Watch Store is currently located as it hopes to establish itself at the expensive location for future development, according to the official.

The price of the land is not disclosed.

An analyst said Rockfeller is banking on the potential value of Nanjing Rd. E, and its arrival is sure to attract more of the world’s top investors to the area and drive up land prices and rents I the area.

‘Rockfeller ‘s move shows Shanghai’s status as an international metropolis is recognized among overseas investors,’ said Jiang Xinguo, a senior researcher with Shanghai Zaihang Estate Investment Consults Co Ltd.

‘The current value of the shopping area has reached a world level for an international metropolis,’ he added. ‘The arrival of the world top brands with make the shopping area more valuable.’

Meanwhile, two of the world’s top brands, Lotus Vuitton and Christian Dior, are in talks to open flagship stores at Shanghai’s historic Peace Hotel, located a the crossroads of Nanjing E and the Bund.

The hotel is in talks with Hong Kong-based Oriental Mandarin Hotel on the project.

Old Posted May 30, 2004, 1:11 AM
BANNED

One skyscraper NOT expected in the near future is.....................................drum roll please..................................................Shanghai World Financial Center.

Old Posted May 30, 2004, 1:27 AM
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

edit: nevermind

Old Posted Jun 19, 2004, 9:03 AM

About the North Bund 100m twin towers, I found this web page on the Shimao group web. Several bigger renderings of this project had been posted earlier on the Projects forum. The plot has been cleared quite long ago, what stops construction from begining?

http://www.shimaogroup.com/english/beiwaitan/layout.htm

Old Posted Jun 20, 2004, 10:29 AM

News of SHKP Lujiazui project (june 18th 2004, from Kingsway Financial Services Group Ltd) :

A plan by SHKP to develop an HK$8bn hotel-retail-office project in Shanghai’s financial district could face delays, as the tenants are refusing to leave until the original owner Lujiazui Finance compensates them. The negotiations are still ongoing and SHKP said they are not involved in relocation of tenants.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2004, 2:35 PM

I walked by the food square this morning. What I saw seems confirming the report above. The some restaurants along the northern side (facing Oriental Pearl Tower) of the food square still have their first floor open, even then upper floors look abandoned. The new regulation regulates such relocation processes, which makes demolishing of existing buildings more difficult.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2004, 8:41 AM

I'm not sure the intention is to demolish the whole Food Court right now. It has been announced the project will be build in several phases (three, I guess) so maybe they will just clear the south-west corner of the block. This could be enough for a first constructible plot.

http://community.webshots.com/s/image8/5/84/84/148658484bOvjIr_ph.jpg
Full resolution :
http://community.webshots.com/s/image8/5/84/84/148658484bOvjIr_fs.jpg

Old Posted Jun 23, 2004, 8:44 AM

dchen, I think something might be under preparing on plot B3-6. According to the Lujiazui official web guide line, a 200m high building is planned there.

But we won't see it rise because the view from the Oriental Pearl observation deck will soon be totally barred by the AZIA center. And I don't think we'll be able to view it from the JinMao neither

Old Posted Jul 3, 2004, 9:27 AM

First rendering of the SHKP project for the plots X2 block. A really tiny one, I wish I could find something more detailled.

dchen your 250m high prediction seems correct

I don't know if this is the whole project or just the first phase rendering (3 construction phases, with final completion in 2011).

Too bad there is this midrise (just right to the JinMao) which unfortunatly seems to be part of the project and this big gap in between the two other towers (twins?) is it definitive.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2004, 4:58 PM

Page 2 of this SHKP PDF document you'll find a higher resolution version of the rendering I posted this morning. Not any complementary information.

Who is the architect ?
Is it just a guide line concept or the definitive project ?
Is it a bicephal highrise or twins towers?
Are there transparencies in the 3 buildings summits ?
What do you think ?

Old Posted Jul 3, 2004, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avcellvs
First rendering of the SHKP project for the plots X2 block. A really tiny one, I wish I could find something more detailled.

dchen your 250m high prediction seems correct
Judging by the above rendering, I'd say 280 m or more.
I don't know if I get it right though.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2004, 11:40 PM

dchen and avcellvs, do you have a map of the pudong area that shows all the plots with the number thing on (those D3-5, B4-3 thing) and hopefully the name of the buildings too in each plot.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2004, 9:02 AM

You'll find a clikeable version of this map, with some more details, on the Lujiazui financial zone official site

Old Posted Jul 4, 2004, 4:53 PM

thanks, do you have a larger version? i can't read some of the label there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations