HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Per the illustration, there are 2 curb cuts. Given the massive size of this project, do you believe 2 curb cuts is to many or do you have a problem with their placement.

Also, I suspect the other side of the parking podium is not blank, but includes retail. This project includes a total of 27K of retail. Even if it didn't I personally would not have a problem given this project is not located on Peachtree. It is already difficult to fill retail on Peachtree with tenants. I personally feel it looks really bad to have some much empty retail. I would like to hear your thoughts on this...
It's the curb cut closer to the tower itself that I have a problem with. It just looks like a driveway...the way it's curved.

And you build retail spots for the future even if they're empty in the present. Eventually, the area around the tower will urbanized and densify....not putting retail in just because some of it might be empty now is a mistake. Look at Downtown Atlanta, particularly around Peachtree Center as an example of what happens when you don't put retail in buildings and think about the future. There's a lot of regret.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 10:16 PM

Any retail space going into the bottom of that deck is going to be garbage anyway. Too short, too shallow, etc. It will never be a retail stretch.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 11:19 PM
BANNED

The Battery/SunTrust Park just tweeted they have a MAJOR announcement coming this week.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhunkyPho View Post
This will look incredibly dated in 20 years. It reminds of some buildings from the early 90's that have not stood up to the test of time.
It's still nice to see SOMETHING happening there. That place has been a disaster for 40 years.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 11:28 PM

Quote:
The Battery/SunTrust Park just tweeted they have a MAJOR announcement coming this week.
Maybe they finally found a corporate HQ to replace Genuine Auto Parts. They have been pushing to try and attract Corporate HQs for a while.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 11:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Maybe they finally found a corporate HQ to replace Genuine Auto Parts. They have been pushing to try and attract Corporate HQs for a while.
I heard an Apple Store.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 12:58 AM

Quote:
I heard an Apple Store.
I assume that would cannibalize the one in Cumberland Mall?

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 1:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
I assume that would cannibalize the one in Cumberland Mall?
Not really. Cumberland attracts the Cobb County folks. Where as SunTrust park attracts people from all over - including out of state. Apple has toured the site several times.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 1:35 AM

Quote:
How about you take it down about 10 notches there bud. Scania didn't say anything near deserving of your vulgarity and insanity. Just because he is bi-coastal doesn't mean his word(s)/critique(s) are of less value than anyone else here and especially yours. Go play with your............fireworks and cool off.
If you're defending his anti-Southern BS, then you must agree with it as well. I'm sure D.C. would welcome you back with open arms.

Cool your jets Sporto, and learn the true definition of 'insanity' while you're at it.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Not really. Cumberland attracts the Cobb County folks. Where as SunTrust park attracts people from all over - including out of state. Apple has toured the site several times.
You're absolutely kidding yourself if you think Apple would have a store at both locations. If that's what this announcement is about...

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 2:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
If you're defending his anti-Southern BS, then you must agree with it as well. I'm sure D.C. would welcome you back with open arms.

Cool your jets Sporto, and learn the true definition of 'insanity' while you're at it.
One of the issues is comprehension. It would be awesome if you and a few others would read and comprehend what is conveyed. There are two types of people in the south. Progressives, and non progressives. It's not about being anti-southern. That's an extremely small minded perspective. Let's just move on from this topic. We can all try and be more respectful and show more compassion towards people who have different views.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 1:17 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
You're absolutely kidding yourself if you think Apple would have a store at both locations. If that's what this announcement is about...
IMO The Battery seems a little too seasonal for a retailer like Apple. I mean outside of baseball season, why would you go there to shop and eat? Even if they decide to open there, they would probably do like they did when they opened at Avalon, they closed their North Point location.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaca View Post
Any retail space going into the bottom of that deck is going to be garbage anyway. Too short, too shallow, etc. It will never be a retail stretch.
You must have some inside information to make this declaration, so please post up what the height and depth of the retail spaces will be. Thanks.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 3:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post
One of the issues is comprehension. It would be awesome if you and a few others would read and comprehend what is conveyed. There are two types of people in the south. Progressives, and non progressives. It's not about being anti-southern. That's an extremely small minded perspective. Let's just move on from this topic. We can all try and be more respectful and show more compassion towards people who have different views.
No, it isn't case of comprehension at all. It is a clear case of you resorting to the trashing of the South or Southerners in general too many times to count.

As far as small-minded and non-progressive go, that seems to align perfectly with your posting history.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 6:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
No, it isn't case of comprehension at all. It is a clear case of you resorting to the trashing of the South or Southerners in general too many times to count.

As far as small-minded and non-progressive go, that seems to align perfectly with your posting history.
Let it rest and move forward in life.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 12:18 PM

Geez, how do some of you function in life? I'm a true Southerner and am not offended by anything said. People get so bent out of shape on this forum when someone expresses a different viewpoint on here. They can't seem capable of actual logical discussion and just attack.

Regarding such a dead topic....THE BRAVES.... As a neighbor they were AWFUL! Good riddance! Everyone and I mean everyone that lives in the neighborhood I know is happy they left (even season ticket holders living next door though they are not ticket holders anymore). I haven't heard anyone say otherwise even at neighborhood meetings, but that doesn't mean that they aren't those who feel otherwise. I am a baseball fan, but what is occuring now and going to occur at Summerhill is much better for the neighborhood than the Braves ever where...

As said, let it rest... and learn to respect opinions that differ from your own. You might actually grow some, become a better person and learn a little about the world and people around you. As usual this forum gets old and tiresome quickly!

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 1:21 PM

Anyways

Latest Modera project proposed in Buckhead near the Prominence building

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's calling View Post
Anyways

Latest Modera project proposed in Buckhead near the Prominence building
Is that the corner of Piedmont and Lenox? Interesting...

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 4:02 PM

duplicate post

Last edited by shivtim; Jul 5, 2017 at 4:50 PM.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 4:08 PM

Quote:
They are moving back to the City, and abandoning Cobb!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations