HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 17, 2014, 10:26 PM

Does anyone have an idea of what an approximate cost for an interchange would be? I know the one at Dewdney and the GTH one would be significantly more because of the intricate nature of that one, but what about the ones that would cross Arcola Avenue, and the highway 6 crossing? I'm just curious more than anything.

Just a side note, I was driving to Balgonie last night around 8:15 and as I passed the White City exit closest to the Esso station, there were about a dozen cars lined up trying to get across the highway to go west. These overpasses can't be built quick enough for these communities to our east.

Last edited by Robag; Mar 18, 2014 at 3:13 PM.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
Does anyone have an idea of what an approximate cost for an interchange would be? I know the one at Dewdney and the GTH one would be significantly more because of the intricate nature of that one, but what about the ones that would cross Arcola Avenue, and the highway 6 crossing? I'm just curious more than anything.

Just a side note, I was driving to Balgonie last night around 8:15 and as I passed the White City exit closest to the Esso station, there were about a dozen cars lined up trying to get across the highway to go west. These overpasses can't be buily quick enough for these communities to our east.
Based on recent construction costs, anywhere between $30-35M per interchange. The one at Dewdney and the Hub road will be likely around $60-65M to complete. The large ones are anywhere from $120-150M (Sometimes $200M) each depending on the amount of flyovers and required earthworks

Old Posted Mar 18, 2014, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
Based on recent construction costs, anywhere between $30-35M per interchange. The one at Dewdney and the Hub road will be likely around $60-65M to complete. The large ones are anywhere from $120-150M (Sometimes $200M) each depending on the amount of flyovers and required earthworks
Thanks, I had that $30-$35M in my mind as well, but wasn't sure.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 5:01 PM

I received a letter this week from the Ministry of Highways saying that work is now under way to acquire land for the Regina bypass, but with over 100 land owners they expect it to take some time.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 9:22 PM

I would assume it would take a while yes. But some of the land has already been purchased. (Hwy 1 to Hwy 33) I believe.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 4:32 PM

Final Bypass Route choosen

Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 4:41 PM

The route has a couple grade crossings IIRC? Not that's it's a terrible thing.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
The route has a couple grade crossings IIRC? Not that's it's a terrible thing.
Yes there will be ( for a while at least ) grade crossing one west and one east of highway 6. And the one at Hill Ave will be as well. However, I could see the Hill Ave one upgraded sooner, or be part of the completion of the road.

9th and armour are also grade intersections (9th will likely have lights Sad) I hope that changes in the final design.

Last edited by North_Regina_Boy; Apr 7, 2014 at 5:24 PM.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
I sure hope they are planning the north east portion for the future. That area of the city is going to grow to.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw6969 View Post
I sure hope they are planning the north east portion for the future. That area of the city is going to grow to.
In what way? All the planned residential is N, NW, W, SW, SE, and E. Having said that, yes, all truck traffic going to Saskatoon (I'm not sure how much there is compared to the #1 traffic going east & west) will still have to access the Ring Road via Highway 46 or Vic Ave.

I really can't see the NE portion happening for at least 15-20 years. Just my opinion.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post
In what way? All the planned residential is N, NW, W, SW, SE, and E. Having said that, yes, all truck traffic going to Saskatoon (I'm not sure how much there is compared to the #1 traffic going east & west) will still have to access the Ring Road via Highway 46 or Vic Ave.

I really can't see the NE portion happening for at least 15-20 years. Just my opinion.
I would think so as well. However I would bet truckers would take the Bypass South and around Regina rather than deal with the traffic on Vic East and the traffic lights to go North. However it is an easier transition from WB Vic to NB Ring Road. But that would be a limited amount of trucks IMO. Most are East West and from the GTH to North.

Although that said I think they should extend it up Tower from from Hwy 1 to Hwy 46. Just to grab those trucks. But hey it might not be perfect but this is a MASSIVE improvement over the existing so "be happy now"

Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post

15-20 years for the NE portion - I agree with that.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
Yes there will be ( for a while at least ) grade crossing one west and one east of highway 6. And the one at Hill Ave will be as well. However, I could see the Hill Ave one upgraded sooner, or be part of the completion of the road.

9th and armour are also grade intersections (9th will likely have lights Sad) I hope that changes in the final design.
Hill ave intersection with West bypass is going to be at grade? Really? I thought I saw ramp shaped mounds of dirt out there? I must have been looking at mounds for another purpose or place.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
Hill ave intersection with West bypass is going to be at grade? Really? I thought I saw ramp shaped mounds of dirt out there? I must have been looking at mounds for another purpose or place.
Yes sadly it is just an at-grade inersection. I do believe those mounds were for the cut and fill of the 4-lane road that was being built this summer / last fall. I hope that one is built there. As that would be important to the safety to that portion of road.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2014, 12:51 AM

http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Provi...750/story.html

Province finalizes Regina Bypass route

BY TERRENCE MCEACHERN, THE LEADER-POST APRIL 7, 2014 6:22 PM

Bruce Evans, mayor of White City, stands just south of the intersection of Highway 1 and 48 in White City, SK, on Monday, April 7, 2014. There are plans to add an overpass to this intersection as part of the Regina Bypass.
Photograph by: TROY FLEECE , Regina Leader-Post
REGINA — The Saskatchewan government has settled on a route for the $1.2-billion Regina Bypass project.

Even so, Don McMorris, minister of highways and infrastructure, said on Monday it might take up to two years for construction to begin. The reason is that about 200 plots of land needs to be purchased from 130 owners to make way for the new twinned highway around most of the city.

The bypass would begin at Highway 11 northwest of the city, proceed south and then turn eastward five kilometres south of the Trans-Canada Highway. As it heads eastward, the route passes Albert Street/Highway 6 and then Arcola East before reconnecting to the Trans-Canada near Tower Road. Highway 6 will be twinned to where it meets the bypass.

Overpasses are to be built at Highway 46 at Balgonie, the Pilot Butte access road and Highway 48 at White City.

One concern that has been raised is where the roadway reconnects to the Trans-Canada Highway east of the city and the construction of a major intersection approximately 400 metres east of Tower Road.

Update

Old Posted Apr 8, 2014, 1:43 AM

I chuckled at the L-P's fact box which says Number of overpasses: 3. Obviously they are only counting Hwy 1 east and ignoring the entire rest of the project

Old Posted Apr 8, 2014, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brithgob View Post
I chuckled at the L-P's fact box which says Number of overpasses: 3. Obviously they are only counting Hwy 1 east and ignoring the entire rest of the project
Agreed! I noticed that as well.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 9:03 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
15-20 years for the NE portion - I agree with that.
I'm not so sure; I don't see it happening at all. The NE portion of Regina is mainly industrial, and unless the company that owns the refinery is planning something that'll get more workers, I just don't see it happening.

From the looks of the bypass, is the Western portion of the bypass going along Pinkie Road?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 10:40 AM

Can anyone tell me a link for the Regina Construction thread? I have up to page 501.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktrojan3921 View Post
I'm not so sure; I don't see it happening at all. The NE portion of Regina is mainly industrial, and unless the company that owns the refinery is planning something that'll get more workers, I just don't see it happening.

From the looks of the bypass, is the Western portion of the bypass going along Pinkie Road?
An entire new road that is about a 1/4 mile to the west of Pinkie.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan