HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 2:58 PM

A trio of very unfortunate mistakes, but otherwise the Jets outhit and outplayed the Knights. If they had played the whole game like they played the third the result would have been very different.

I still think they are the better team. In the first round, the Blue Jackets won the first two in Washington and then the Capitals stormed back to win four straight.

Anything can happen. Stay positive.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 3:31 PM
the first stamp is free

We just can't spot them a goal in the first minute, and then buckle down and stop them from scoring right after we score.

I smell a win in game 4.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 3:47 PM
What could go wrong?

^^^^That's not what you smell.....sorry, I had Broccoli last night!
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 5:09 PM
There is always a way

^This

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 5:20 PM
the first stamp is free

So this is what winning smells like...

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 10:03 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Biff, you might need to add some more fibre to your diet. I mean, broccoli is a start, but gotta have some whole grain in there too, bud!

Now, I'm not so sure.

Last edited by The Jabroni; May 18, 2018 at 11:54 AM.

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 4:18 AM

My wife, son and I will be at Sunday's game.

Biff, if you are going to be at that game start adjusting your diet NOW!

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 3:45 PM

New Jets strategy -- collective eat so much broccoli the Knights are left gasping for air on the ice. It could work...

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 7:40 PM

In case any of you care, I will be getting rock star wasted in my underwear while cheering on the JETS!!! tonight. GO JETS GO! GO JETS GO! GO JETS GO!

that is all, thank you for caring.

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 7:42 PM

^^^In case you are concerned, this will be happening in the comfort of my own home and not out at some establishment.

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 7:45 PM
What could go wrong?

I will be sipping tea and dining on crumpets around the dining table with my wife and two offspring, whilst taking in the Hockey match on the television machine.

I bid you a due.

.....Go Jets Go!
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted May 19, 2018, 11:11 AM
BANNED

We have to crash the net!!!

It's so frustrating to watch Fleury give up rebound after rebound. Fleury is not a top ranked goalie of the last decade. He has average career stats (0.914% season 0.913% playoffs) and it's debatable if he would ever get a sniff from the Hall of Fame if he was not on some stacked Penguins teams since 2007. I remember 2009, when the Penguins won their first cup, in spite of average goaltending from Fleury (0.908%). Or the infamous Flyers-Penguins series in 2012 (0.834%), where Philly lit up MAF like a joint.

In fact, if you look at MAF's career playoff stats, he is arguably the reason the Pens didn't repeat as champions in 2010 (0.891%), fell short in 2013 (0.883%), or almost cost the Pens the 2016 Stanley Cup (0.875%). Review some tapes of past seasons to see what rattled him. Fleury is not a 0.945% goalie. He's 33 and approaching the twilight of his career. Fleury can be rattled. It's happened time and time again. All we need is for Hellybuyck to play like the Nashville series, and pepper Fleury with shots, and have one man drive to the net as soon as that happens.

It may also be a good idea to tweek with our lineup slightly. Take Chiarot out, and put in Morrow. I would even flirt with replacing Myers with Poolman. That Chiarot/Myers 3rd pairing has been a disaster in this series.

Old Posted May 19, 2018, 11:55 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
We have to crash the net!!!

It's so frustrating to watch Fleury give up rebound after rebound. Fleury is not a top ranked goalie of the last decade. He has average career stats (0.914% season 0.913% playoffs) and it's debatable if he would ever get a sniff from the Hall of Fame if he was not on some stacked Penguins teams since 2007. I remember 2009, when the Penguins won their first cup, in spite of average goaltending from Fleury (0.908%). Or the infamous Flyers-Penguins series in 2012 (0.834%), where Philly lit up MAF like a joint.

In fact, if you look at MAF's career playoff stats, he is arguably the reason the Pens didn't repeat as champions in 2010 (0.891%), fell short in 2013 (0.883%), or almost cost the Pens the 2016 Stanley Cup (0.875%). Review some tapes of past seasons to see what rattled him. Fleury is not a 0.945% goalie. He's 33 and approaching the twilight of his career. Fleury can be rattled. It's happened time and time again. All we need is for Hellybuyck to play like the Nashville series, and pepper Fleury with shots, and have one man drive to the net as soon as that happens.

It may also be a good idea to tweek with our lineup slightly. Take Chiarot out, and put in Morrow. I would even flirt with replacing Myers with Poolman. That Chiarot/Myers 3rd pairing has been a disaster in this series.
Agreed.

Might as well experiment at this point. Bring in Morrow, and scratch either Myers or Chiarot.

If Vegas can win 3 in a row, there's no question that Winnipeg can do the same. We've done it in the regular season a few times this year. There's no excuse for us to NOT do the same.

I mean, this 3-game losing skid is perhaps one of the worst ones we had all year!

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted May 19, 2018, 3:50 PM

Well, hellybuck’s puck handling around the net is horrendous and is costing them games. Byfuglien made one of his patented whiffs at the blue line that led to a goal.

Old Posted May 19, 2018, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
Agreed.

Might as well experiment at this point. Bring in Morrow, and scratch either Myers or Chiarot.

If Vegas can win 3 in a row, there's no question that Winnipeg can do the same. We've done it in the regular season a few times this year. There's no excuse for us to NOT do the same.

I mean, this 3-game losing skid is perhaps one of the worst ones we had all year!
Agreed, but scratch Enstrom. It IS the worst skid of the year, and we won 3 in a row 10 times this year – no reason we can't do it no, especially considering we really have controlled most of the play. Vegas is just too good on turnovers, and Fleury has made huge saves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
Well, hellybuck’s puck handling around the net is horrendous and is costing them games. Byfuglien made one of his patented whiffs at the blue line that led to a goal.
Yeah. Buff made the turnover, but that should have been an easy stop for Hellebuyck.

Old Posted May 20, 2018, 8:40 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
Agreed.

I ran a poll on twitter. Fans want Morrow to start over Chiarot by a ratio of over 10:1. Only problem is Maurice is far too conservative, and has given the Myers/Chiarot pairing an abundance of ice time, despite their lackluster numbers.

Hellebuyck has to be far better as well. Vegas has taken advantage of Jets mistakes, but Helle is only 0.897% in this series, and is giving up goals at crucial times, like when the Jets work hard, and tie up the game. That just deflates the momentum of the team.

I believe in the Jets. I think they will force a Game 6, but even so it was a great run, and I am proud of them.

Old Posted May 20, 2018, 12:42 PM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
I ran a poll on twitter. Fans want Morrow to start over Chiarot by a ratio of over 10:1. Only problem is Maurice is far too conservative, and has given the Myers/Chiarot pairing an abundance of ice time, despite their lackluster numbers.

Hellebuyck has to be far better as well. Vegas has taken advantage of Jets mistakes, but Helle is only 0.897% in this series, and is giving up goals at crucial times, like when the Jets work hard, and tie up the game. That just deflates the momentum of the team.

I believe in the Jets. I think they will force a Game 6, but even so it was a great run, and I am proud of them.
Fans always want the new thing, until they actually get it.

It’s been mostly bad luck so far, so I wouldn’t change anything. If they win today, the pressure shifts a bit.

Old Posted May 20, 2018, 12:58 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Agreed, but scratch Enstrom. It IS the worst skid of the year, and we won 3 in a row 10 times this year – no reason we can't do it no, especially considering we really have controlled most of the play. Vegas is just too good on turnovers, and Fleury has made huge saves.

Yeah. Buff made the turnover, but that should have been an easy stop for Hellebuyck.
Did you see a replay of that goal? It was a perfect shot. Bar down, high stick side. That one wasn't on helle.

Old Posted May 20, 2018, 4:07 PM

Interesting interpretation - all the pundits are saying he should have saved it.

Old Posted May 20, 2018, 8:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
Fans always want the new thing, until they actually get it.

It’s been mostly bad luck so far, so I wouldn’t change anything. If they win today, the pressure shifts a bit.
Except it's not a "new thing." Morrow played the first round, and IMHO, is better than Chiarot. I phoned Maurice last night, and we discussed the situation. He must have been listened to me, since Morrow and Kulikov are back in the lineup. Very strange that Kuli was a healthy scratch for the past week, and only gets in the lineup at the last minute.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan