HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 5:02 AM

Last edited by Urbannizer; Nov 19, 2013 at 5:49 AM. Reason: larger renderings w/ link

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 5:50 AM

The link above also has renderings for the Allen Center redevelopment:

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 7:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerSpotter View Post
Dang, I really want to like it but there's something very dull about it. Its basically a rectangle with a sash. However, if the sash were to light up at night I wouldn't mind its boring day look. sigh*o*nara!

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 8:22 AM
Voice of the Modern World

By counting up floors, I got 18 + the two from the base. So 20. They've really scaled this one back from 50 floors to get off the ground. My guess is they reconcepted the design after nearly 6 years to fit a more aesthetical package to try to lure more tenants.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 8:55 AM

Let's see. Five Allen Center has been 20% preleased for some years now and that was with their original floor plan of 50 floors. This one is 20 + floors, so around half the size and likely around half the office space. The preleased commitment should be around 40% and up now, just over night without inking anyone new through both the redesign and scaling back.

This puppy just needs 50% before it starts moving dirt. That should be within the next year and a half.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 2:15 PM

Quote:
New Design for 5 Allen Center:

That building just keeps getting shorter and shorter. The render's not even a thirty-story structure.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N90 View Post
This puppy just needs 50% before it starts moving dirt. That should be within the next year and a half.
If they just drop five more floors...

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
The link above also has renderings for the Allen Center redevelopment:

I really like the new color on 3 Allen Center.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 9:23 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the new color is the same as the old color.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxteth o'grady View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the new color is the same as the old color.
The other one is dark brown and this one is light brown. Also I think this might be a new material.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 12:33 AM

Quote:
The other one is dark brown and this one is light brown. Also I think this might be a new material.
you sure? seems like it might just be the rendering and its actually the same facade. i cant see them changing the whole facade just for a slight variation most people wouldnt even notice.

what is the building to the left of 3AC? the Doubletree? i dont recognize the facade and was wondering at first if it was the new facade for 1AC but i then i saw 1AC in its current state in other renderings.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 1:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud713 View Post
you sure? seems like it might just be the rendering and its actually the same facade. i cant see them changing the whole facade just for a slight variation most people wouldnt even notice.

what is the building to the left of 3AC? the Doubletree? i dont recognize the facade and was wondering at first if it was the new facade for 1AC but i then i saw 1AC in its current state in other renderings.
Well from what the article says...It will be getting renovated both from the exterior and interior. Maybe reclading, the texture looks different in the rendering.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 1:57 AM

Here's my take on the direction of Houston's skyline. If Five Allen Center can integrate LED lights on its outer band's facade for night, then I'll agree with it being a useful addition to the skyline. Meanwhile 609 Main, the Marriott Marquis, 6 Houston Center, and International Tower, Houston's skylines brighter days are ahead of it. Literally.

Oh and the blue and purple lights are pretty rad.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 8:39 AM
FYHA

HAIF member 'Mab' found the updated leasing plan for the GreenStreet complex downtown, currently under renovation.

In addition to a half-dozen new restaurants and a fitness center, a 25-story 250 room hotel is planned for the corner facing Dallas and Fannin.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Well from what the article says...It will be getting renovated both from the exterior and interior. Maybe reclading, the texture looks different in the rendering.
I think the biggest exterior change is the banner lettering at ground level. Which I'm not sure I'm excited about; that seems more appropriate to warehouses.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattleigh View Post
HAIF member 'Mab' found the updated leasing plan for the GreenStreet complex downtown, currently under renovation.

In addition to a half-dozen new restaurants and a fitness center, a 25-story 250 room hotel is planned for the corner facing Dallas and Fannin.
It would be nice to include apartments or condos in the complex. It would complement the retail/office component.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 11:33 PM

Wow so much stuff going on in Houston and no one's posting.

Looks like Downtown Houston's on pace to keep shattering all previous records:
Quote:
By Urbannizer on HAIF:

10-Story, 302 unit building planned by Allied Orion Group. 2017 Completion. Listed as #24, but the location is #25 on the map.
Quote:
By Urbannizer on HAIF:

28-Story, 380 unit with commercial on ground floor. Construction starts may 2014. It's listed on the newest downtown development map. #17

http://downtownhouston.org/site_medi...cts_8.5x11.pdf
Now for some insane updates on the status of Uptown Houston:
Quote:
By Bisnow

Uptown Houston District CEO John Breeding (speaking to our 350 attendees) says development is booming in his submarket across all property types. Residential is the bulk of construction, with over 20 multifamily high-rises in the works. There are eight hotels in discussion that would add 2,000 rooms, with four planning to break ground next year. There's 2M SF of office development in the pipeline. TxDOT is reconstructing the 59/610 interchange starting in 2017 and ending 2021, and John says his district's $190M mass transit plan is more than just transportation improvement; it'll remake Uptown. Fun fact: Uptown is the 14th-largest business district in the country.

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-rea...ure-of-uptown/
In comparison to what it used to be like a couple of decades ago in Uptown:
Quote:
By Bisnow

30 years ago, the Uptown/Galleria was one of the softest markets in the country with 25% vacancy and companies fleeing to other submarkets. (Even the dust was going elsewhere.) My, how times have changed—experts at Bisnow's Future of Uptown/Galleria event yesterday say it's now one of the best.
Elsewhere:
Quote:
By Houston Business Journal

PM Realty Group has plans to turn a long-standing strip center in Montrose into a mixed-use development

PM Realty Group did not share early design plans, but several sources confirmed the mixed-use structure could include residential with retail on the ground floor.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/b...ould-slow.html
Quote:
By Bisnow

Many thanks to our sponsor Bury, which is keeping busy with several multifamily projects under construction. That includes some Uptown communities, like Bristol Park. That 219-unit mid-rise will sit on 1.5 acres by the park within walking distance of the Galleria. It's also working on a multifamily project at 249 and Cypresswood for Stonelake and Embrey.

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-rea...ure-of-uptown/
Quote:
By Bisnow

Wulfe & Co founder/chairman Ed Wulfe. Ed thinks Uptown is on the verge of a new era, including the transformation of Post Oak into one of the best streets in the world. He says overall retail in the submarket is 99% occupied, with rents shooting up in response to high land prices. To make new retail development pencil out, you need to either do multi-level projects or mix with office. (He's doing both at BLVD Place, where 122k SF of retail and 90k SF office space will open in June.)

A resourceful member on HAIF also mentioned earlier this week to keep an eye on Uptown, it's on the verge of a super-boom with several retail, condos, apartments highrises, hotels on the verge of announcement, particularly along the Uptown Westheimer Corridor.
A possibility of a 5th Houston theme park being proposed:
Quote:
By TowerSpotter on HAIF

SAG is assisting the Pasadena Second Century Corporation and the City of Pasadena, TX with understanding the development potential of underutilized land surrounding the Pasadena Convention Center & Fairgrounds Complex. The site area encompasses over 200 acres. Our services included researching similar-sized communities nationwide to gain an understanding of what other suburban locales offered. The study is focused primarily on hotel, restaurant, retail, water park, amphitheater, and theme parks and understanding the supply, demand, pricing and financing factors that impact their feasibility.

http://strategicadvisorygroup.net/mi...t-pasadena-tx/
To end on this note with Green Street in Downtown Houston:
Quote:
By Midway Companies

The Green Street development is calling for a 25 story 250 room hotel in Downtown Houston at the corner of Dallas and Fannin. Other takers in the Green Street development are six unspecified restaurants and a fitness center.

http://midwaycompanies.com/img/leasi...ising_Plan.pdf

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 11:44 PM

Haha thanks for updating N90

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 11:47 PM

I would post but I'm out of town atm. Here's the newest development map for downtown.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2013, 1:10 AM

Some updates from Monday, by me.

Skyhouse

Former Savoy Hotel

Greenstreet

Former Macy's Site

806 Main

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations