HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Aug 22, 2012, 4:32 AM
metro vancouver

Jasper Ave Re-Do

A few years back the city hired some urban planners to compile a report on ways to upgrade and revitalize the dated and under performing Jasper Ave corridor. Highlights included wider sidewalks, ripping out the median, reducing the street to 5 lanes. I believe you can check out a copy of this report on the city website.
I am curious if any work has started - or is scheduled to start - on this initiative.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2012, 4:34 AM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Portion 1 is well underway. Part of it includes the renovation of the Central LRT station, mostly by fixing the roof. The section from 100th street to 103rd street is where you will see all the work being done.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2012, 4:37 AM

Some work has begun on the stretch of Jasper Avenue between 100 and 103 Streets. The roof of Central LRT Station is being replaced and alongside will be the first phase of the New Vision. The median is currently gone between 100 and 103 last I recall and much of Jasper between these streets is closed to non pedestrian traffic. I'm guessing after the road portion is done they will close the sidewalks, at least partially to complete that part of it. From there they'll move on to other sections.

Scott Park, 1 block north of Jasper, on 105th Street is also gaining momentum, which I believe was mentioned in the New Vision.

Updates and info on the project are available at the Construction thread, the City of Edmonton website, and there is a dedicated thread on Connect2Edmonton.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2012, 2:20 PM
Community Guy

Phase 2 is likely 97st-100st.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton