HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

Museum Plaza in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Louisville Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 12, 2007, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weathermanstar View Post
I can't wait built start of Museum Plaza, I love Museum Plaza,

Guess what?? I hear it Other new skyscraper happen in Louisville. Not that of Museum Plaza.

"Louisville Medical Center"

cheak it www.Louisvilleky.gov
I'm not seeing anything about a skyscraper(besides Zirmed, that is old) on this link.......help.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2007, 8:03 PM

http://www.louisvilleky.gov/economic...n+Projects.htm

Louisville Medical Center
Louisville Mayor Jerry Abramson, with Governor Ernie Fletcher and UofL President Jim Ramsey, announced the redevelopment of the former Haymarket block.

Over the next two decades the 30 blocks that make up the Louisville health sciences campus will undergo a radical transformation made possible by a projected $2.5 billion of capital investment in expansion, renovation and infrastructure projects.

The taxing district will capture a portion of the incremental tax revenues created by the 20-year capital investment for reinvestment into the development. The TIF increment is anticipated to generate up to $300 million, sufficient to build out the Haymarket Business and Research Park and many components of the UofL Health Sciences Center Master Plan.

Louisville medical center (twin tower)

Old Posted Oct 17, 2007, 1:32 AM

Got it now, thanks man.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2007, 5:26 PM

Construction starts thursday!!!

Museum Plaza to start with flair
Groundbreaking set for Thursday

By Marcus Green
magreen@courier-journal.com
The Courier-Journal

Developers of the Museum Plaza skyscraper plan to leave a mark on traditional groundbreaking ceremonies when they announce the start of construction Thursday.

The first 500 people in attendance will get free barbecue and commemorative hard hats. A helicopter hovering 703 feet above the street will beam live footage to screens on the ground -- offering a glimpse of views from a height equivalent to the skyscraper's top floor.

"We really wanted it to be community celebration," said Louisville attorney Craig Greenberg, one of the project's four developers.

"Museum Plaza has always been a community project. It's always been a public-private partnership and it's been a project that's evolved based on the input of the entire community," he said.

The University of Louisville's pep band is scheduled to perform, and ground will be broken by a 20-foot-long, 400-pound shovel hanging from a 200-foot crane.

Starting at 4 p.m., Museum Plaza will have an open house at its sales and design center at 707 W. Main St., which features renderings of views from the building's 25th floor and portions of bathrooms and kitchens built to scale. The groundbreaking ceremony will follow at 5:40 p.m.

Some streets near the project site at Seventh Street and River Road will be closed much of Thursday. From 6 a.m. until 11:30 p.m., traffic won't be allowed on:

Seventh Street north of Main Street.

River Road west of Sixth Street.

Washington Street between Sixth and Eighth streets.

Museum Plaza, a 62-story skyscraper, is scheduled to be complete by late 2010. It is being developed by Greenberg, Louisville businessman Steve Poe and local couple Laura Lee Brown and Steve Wilson.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2007, 8:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
Yes and IMO, that's a joke. Why should taxpayers in Ashland, KY help foot the bill for a private developers idea......IN LOUISVILLE????

I'm sorry, but after living in KY for 21 years and knowing the taxes that people there have to pay it just makes me sick when I see how bad some of the school districts are and how so many people are still out of work across the state thanks to the coal industry. And then when I see the state using taxpayer money to help build a private investment in Louisville, I want to throw up. That's bullshit.
i know this was written a while ago, but i had to just comment.
for one:
= dancing
does it make you want to throw up that louisville is finally getting some help from the state and getting a few things that it deserves? if it wasn't for louisville and the taxes that are paid to the state by louisvillians, the rest of the state would be much worse than it is. louisville gets a mere 60 cents back for every dollar it sends to frankfort. for what? to pay for the backwash roads in the rest of the state so somebody can pull out of their desolate driveway stuck in the side of a mountain and drive to their job at mcdonalds? it's sad, but it's true. louisville gets no respect from the other parts of the state and they don't even realize what louisville does for them. in my opinion, i would be fine if eastern kentucky ceded from the rest of the state and just became another part of west virginia. let's see if they would like that. i don't think so. so you go throw up and i'll be cause this project is starting in two days. oh yeah, i'll be too when our arena finishes, and the proposed new arena for lexington, and the new arena in northern kentucky, and all the other little things the 'golden triangle' is FINALLY getting under our state leadership. w00t!

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 5:15 AM
The Desert Apple

Big shovel breaks ground on Museum Plaza project
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...D=200771025038

Expected to open by Spring 2011.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 6:45 PM

I think it might be time for the mods to update the thread title! I wonder what all the people who thought it would never happen because of the city being Louisville or the design being too crazy for a USA city think now. I firmly believe this building will be join the list of Iconic American skyscrapers when it's finished.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 7:27 PM
The True Avatar

This building is starting to grow on me. I still think the design is odd, I do not like the placdement of the building, and the facade looks like it is straight out of the late 60's. But that is all from renderings. Once it is built it should be more appealing.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenapolis View Post
Once it is built it should be more appealing.
I sure doubt it.

I think we could get something a lot better for $490 million.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 7:48 PM
tilted & shifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudvayneimn View Post
I think it might be time for the mods to update the thread title!
Done. (I hope I have the correct height figs.) Do you guys consider this one to be U/C or in site prep? If it's the former, then I'll move this thread to the Construction sub-forum.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 9:17 PM
Hankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus22minus1 View Post
Big shovel breaks ground on Museum Plaza project
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...D=200771025038
Congratulations Louisville. This is truly a great project and I look forward to seeing this one rise. Also, I hope to check out the museum one day in 2011.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 9:50 PM
The Desert Apple

It was just a ceremonial groundbreaking from what I can tell. Probably not U/C under SSP standards, but maybe someone who attended can speak up?

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 9:57 PM

Technically it would be site prep I guess. They are in the process of finishing the soil testing. There is something happening the 15th of November, although I can't tell you what it is (I think it may have something to do with the foundation) or where it was posted lol.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 10:00 PM

Looks like it will be under construction soon enough though. . .

Old Posted Oct 30, 2007, 10:00 PM

Last week i am going in there for groundbreaking, later next week, U/C not there. ( what happen?)

Old Posted Oct 31, 2007, 1:47 PM
BANNED

i made a u/c thread about this in the other section but it got locked...
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=140022

Old Posted Oct 31, 2007, 2:51 PM
devout Pizzatarian

* posts deleted *

louisville vs. indianapolis stupidity is not permitted on this forum (nor is any city vs. city crap). this thread is exclusively for news, pics, opinions, and updates about louisville's museum plaza development.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2007, 8:34 PM

I'm going downtown tonight to see if any substantial construction has started.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 3:57 PM

No activity at the site as of last night (OCT 31).

Old Posted Nov 5, 2007, 4:33 PM

make sure to keep us updated on the construction chefjeff. i'll be looking when i come back home for the holidays.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects