HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
I don't ever really care to see Vegas play here in Toronto but i do want to see the Leafs play in Vegas. It looks like a fun place to see your team as a visitor.
Some buddies and I are debating doing a trip to Vegas when the Flames play there in March, think it could be quite fun!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Some buddies and I are debating doing a trip to Vegas when the Flames play there in March, think it could be quite fun!

DO IT! And make sure you stay at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. It's part of the new arena area development and is the only part of Vegas that feels like a real city.

It has the coolest intro of any team, and the city has a pretty small population so most games away teams from larger markets will feel like they are at home.

Video Link

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
DO IT! And make sure you stay at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. It's part of the new arena area development and is the only part of Vegas that feels like a real city.

It has the coolest intro of any team, and the city has a pretty small population so most games away teams from larger markets will feel like they are at home.

Video Link
What's with the LA Kings logo on the ice, Am I missing something?

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 10:29 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
What's with the LA Kings logo on the ice, Am I missing something?
This is from Frozen Fury, the (now former) annual preseason game between the Kings and Avalanche. It used to be held every year in Vegas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_Fury

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 11:29 PM
More transit please

Quote:
Don’t want to nitpick here, but the arena hasn’t spurred a development. The Cosmo is one of the newest hotels on the Strip but it opened a full 4 years before the arena even broke ground. It’s located about 15 minutes by foot away from T-Mobile.

It is very nice though.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 12:02 AM

Unless it's tough getting tickets for a reasonable price for your team at home (ie. Leafs, etc), I don't get the point of wasting the nightlife of Vegas on a hockey game.
That would be like going to Paris and eating at McDonalds (not that I'm comparing Paris with Vegas).

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 3:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkahHigh View Post
Don’t want to nitpick here, but the arena hasn’t spurred a development. The Cosmo is one of the newest hotels on the Strip but it opened a full 4 years before the arena even broke ground. It’s located about 15 minutes by foot away from T-Mobile.

It is very nice though.
Not to notpick back but I never said it spurred it. Only it's part of a New area of the strip and they are very well integrated.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
Unless it's tough getting tickets for a reasonable price for your team at home (ie. Leafs, etc), I don't get the point of wasting the nightlife of Vegas on a hockey game.
That would be like going to Paris and eating at McDonalds (not that I'm comparing Paris with Vegas).

Have you been to Vegas? The nightlife is kind of over rated. Also it doesn't end at 2am so you could start your evening at the game and still party until the sun comes up.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 3:57 AM
I am the law!

Quote:
Book me those Golden Knights tickets as I ate McDonald's in Paris.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 4:44 AM

Quote:
Have you been to Vegas? The nightlife is kind of over rated. Also it doesn't end at 2am so you could start your evening at the game and still party until the sun comes up.
Right, but I'd still hate to waste 3 hours of the night on something I could do back home (assuming you could go to a hockey game without getting a 2nd mortgage).

I'd be willing to sacrifice an afternoon to take in an NFL game though - because it's only the afternoon, and a football game is more of an event. But that's just me.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 5:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Book me those Golden Knights tickets as I ate McDonald's in Paris.
Yup and I don't even like McDonald's.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 6:18 AM

Who's going to miss the opportunity to order a royale with cheese?

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 3:11 PM
Moran supreme

SO NHL standings at the All Star break - Calgary is up 5 points (currently in playoff position), Edmonton is down 17 points (out), Vancouver is down 8 points (out), Winnipeg is up 16 points (in), Toronto is up 6 points (in), Ottawa is down 19 points (out), Montreal is down 19 points (out).

So with 33-37 games remaining for the above teams, will any of the currently "out" teams make a run and make the playoffs? And the will any of the currently "in" teams fall out of contention?

Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa and Montreal really have a lot of ground to cover, Calgary and Toronto are still quite iffy, Winnipeg should be a shoe in. Personally, I think the current four "out" teams should be planning for next year as it would be an amazing come back for any of them to make the play offs this year. Calgary and Toronto are both in huge horse races but Toronto should be a safe bet for this year's playoffs because of their division. Calgary - who knows?

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedog View Post
SO NHL standings at the All Star break - Calgary is up 5 points (currently in playoff position), Edmonton is down 17 points (out), Vancouver is down 8 points (out), Winnipeg is up 16 points (in), Toronto is up 6 points (in), Ottawa is down 19 points (out), Montreal is down 19 points (out).

So with 33-37 games remaining for the above teams, will any of the currently "out" teams make a run and make the playoffs? And the will any of the currently "in" teams fall out of contention?

Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa and Montreal really have a lot of ground to cover, Calgary and Toronto are still quite iffy, Winnipeg should be a shoe in. Personally, I think the current four "out" teams should be planning for next year as it would be an amazing come back for any of them to make the play offs this year. Calgary and Toronto are both in huge horse races but Toronto should be a safe bet for this year's playoffs because of their division. Calgary - who knows?
The out teams are definitely done. Edmonton had a little run where they got to within 4 points but they gave up after that. Toronto is probably the safest team really even if they aren't playing that well. No one is catching them. Winnipeg may be the best, but they really have to maintain that level of play the whole season because their division is so good.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 12:13 AM

Brock Boeser Vancouver!!

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 12:13 AM

Special mention johnny g.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 2:52 AM
Community Guy

Man did C.M. look good in the all-star game, but once again, zero finish.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 3:51 PM
Near Generational

Anyone want to buy my Jagr jersey?

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 3:58 PM
I am the law!

Depends. What is it?

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 5:09 PM

Quote:
It would be the same as anywhere, go to the game, have some drinks, then go out and do whatever after. Hockey games are over by 11 at the latest, unless that's your bedtime, it should leave a ton of time to go out after. Most places with decent nitelife aren't even going full steam until; 11 or 12 anyway.

Going to the Flames - Golden Knights game here tomorrow night!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada