HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Nov 7, 2009, 1:33 PM

Edmonton Transit Access Map done.

Hey everyone,
As part of my transit access project, I have finally gotten around to doing Edmonton's map. The map shows bus routes that operate till at least midnight seven days a week.
There were other buses that operate till 11 or even 11:30 p.m. but because they don't operate till midnight or after, they are not included. To check out the map, click on the following link

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...390c0f776&z=11

If you want to see how Edmonton compares to Wininpeg, check out the map at
http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...89125001e&z=11

Old Posted Nov 7, 2009, 4:45 PM

Wow thanks miketoronto. Good job, thank you for doing Edmonton. Seems Winnipeg does a pretty good job for it's size!

Old Posted Nov 7, 2009, 6:41 PM

^Having used both Winnipeg's and Edmonton's Transit systems frequently, I'd say Edmonton has Winnipeg handily beat despite this late-night frequency. Trips on ETS simply take less time.

That being said, I'm surprised by how underserved areas like Gold Bar, Capilano, Ottewell, and Argyll are late in the evening.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2009, 8:44 PM

nice work...do you have any late night ridership/trip revenue stats?

Old Posted Nov 8, 2009, 3:43 AM

A few errors on the Winnipeg map there, but not bad.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2009, 3:43 AM

I don't have detailed info on ridership/trip revenue for late night trips.

As for the areas that were mentioned that seem to have gaps in late night service. Those are probably the areas where buses run till about 11:30 PM on Sunday nights. I went over those areas twice as I found it weird that only little pockets had no service. But because the buses did not run till at least midnight, I could not include those routes. But rest assured there is service pretty late, just it did not meet the criteria.

Same goes for St. Albert. They have service till midnight Mon-Sat. But the Sunday service ends around 7 PM so I could not include them either.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2009, 3:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinguni View Post
A few errors on the Winnipeg map there, but not bad.
Can you point out the errors on the Winnipeg map, so I can correct them. The Winnipeg route schedules and maps were a tad confusing, so I was expecting that I would maybe get a branch or two wrong, as they seem to like to use these loops which are branches at the end of some routes.

I just did Phoenix. Check out out how you guys compare to a region of 4 million.
http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...38e18e009045db

Old Posted Nov 8, 2009, 3:54 AM

Beltlines. I hate them. Found some service you have listed which isn't there in Sunday evenings too! Might go through it when I get a chance. Couple of quick ones - service down Ellice from Vaughn to Ferry (14). Beltline on the 19 Marion service in Windsor Park. Beltline on the other end of that line (Logan/Notre Dame). The Sunday service ending around 12:15 skewers things good. Also no service to Amber Trails/Maples on the 17 route. Now, what's this doing in an Edmonton thread? Short bit missing on the #10 service down Dubuc (another beltline).

Old Posted Nov 8, 2009, 4:17 AM
Change is good

miketoronto - I'd like to see you change your criteria to 11pm... Just for Shits and giggles

Old Posted Nov 8, 2009, 6:01 AM

Me too, or exclude Sundays where the service ends earlier. I think Edmonton and Winnipeg are very similar in that regard. There's only a couple of spots that would impact on the Winnipeg map.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2009, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinguni View Post
Beltlines. I hate them. Found some service you have listed which isn't there in Sunday evenings too! Might go through it when I get a chance. Couple of quick ones - service down Ellice from Vaughn to Ferry (14). Beltline on the 19 Marion service in Windsor Park. Beltline on the other end of that line (Logan/Notre Dame). The Sunday service ending around 12:15 skewers things good. Also no service to Amber Trails/Maples on the 17 route. Now, what's this doing in an Edmonton thread? Short bit missing on the #10 service down Dubuc (another beltline).
Thanks for the info. I will double check it, as those services were listed on the Sunday schedule.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2009, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketoronto View Post
Hey everyone,
As part of my transit access project, I have finally gotten around to doing Edmonton's map. The map shows bus routes that operate till at least midnight seven days a week.
There were other buses that operate till 11 or even 11:30 p.m. but because they don't operate till midnight or after, they are not included. To check out the map, click on the following link

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...390c0f776&z=11

If you want to see how Edmonton compares to Wininpeg, check out the map at
http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...89125001e&z=11
Winnipeg buses shut down later generally than Edmonton, so the 1 hour earlier shut down on Sunday doesn't hurt them as it does in Edmonton. Most of the missing routes that run late are not there because they do not run until after midnight on Sunday.

it also depends on your definition of "runs after midnight" - do you means starts it's run after midnight, or finishes after midnight?

Even so, the Edmonton Map has errors too.

For example:
Route 4 to Capilano is missing and it runs until after midnight 7 days a week.
Route 101 runs after midnight 7 days a week.
Route 330 South Campus to Ledger runs til after midnight 7 days a week.

There's probably more, but I can't be bothered looking - out of time.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton