HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jun 6, 2015, 1:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blart View Post
Cranes at Rodin Square at night, June 3.

Taken after going to the "Future Sensations" Oval installation (which was pretty cool).
Great shot!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2015, 1:34 AM

With groundbreaking, work officially begins on the Walnut Estates
22nd and Walnut

Quote:
Now that all the required construction permits are in hand, ground was broken today on The Walnut Estates, the new luxury development that will occupy the southeast corner of 22nd and Walnut streets.

Work should proceed fairly quickly from this point, something the buyers of the two townhomes now under agreement of sale should appreciate.

Once work on the townhomes wraps up, work should begin on the Walnut Estates Tower at the 22nd and Walnut corner.

This building will contain nine high-end condominium units, each with outdoor space, and 2,000 square feet of ground-floor retail space. The condos will be available in one-, two- and three-bedroom configurations.
http://www.phillyliving.com/blog/wit...t-estates.html

Old Posted Jun 6, 2015, 4:16 AM
Φιλαδέλφεια

I'm not sure what's going at 401 N. Broad but scaffolding has gone up around the front of The building.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2015, 5:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly-Drew View Post
I'm not sure what's going at 401 N. Broad but scaffolding has gone up around the front of The building.
401 N. Broad St. moving forward with $70 million renovation
Quote:
The new owner of 401 N. Broad St. in Center City is moving forward with a $70 million renovation to the telecom building.

Amerimar Enterprises and its two partners in the property are hopeful the multi-phased, multi-faceted improvements planned for the building will help entice new tenants to lease space at 401 N. Broad and fill up its empty space.

The building is considered one of the most important mission critical data centers along the East Coast. Amerimar and its partners bought the property in March.

About 300,000 square feet of the 11-story, 1.3-million-square-foot building is empty. The vacancy came about when some of its non-data related tenants vacated.

The first phase of work will entail overhauling many of the building’s mechanical systems and its security and creating new shaftways from decommissioned elevators. The shaftways are used to house cabling. Work will also be done to the façade.

In addition, a 20,000-square-foot “meet-me” room will be constructed. This is space within a telecom hotel where different networks can connect with each other. It will be carrier neutral and owned by Amerimar.
http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelp...0-million.html

Old Posted Jun 6, 2015, 7:47 AM

401 n broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
401 N. Broad St. moving forward with $70 million renovation

http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelp...0-million.html
I remember this building as the place where I enlisted in the USAF during the Vietnam War. It didn't seem very pleasant although I had a very exciting next 4 years. As the old Chinese saying goes, "may you live in interesting times"

Old Posted Jun 7, 2015, 4:39 PM

Anyone know what's going on with the scaffolding at 30th Street Station? It's been up for a long time, but as far as I can tell, they are not actually doing any restoration or anything else. You'd think they'd try to wrap (if they are doing something) by the time the Pope visits or at least the DNC.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2015, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Anyone know what's going on with the scaffolding at 30th Street Station? It's been up for a long time, but as far as I can tell, they are not actually doing any restoration or anything else. You'd think they'd try to wrap (if they are doing something) by the time the Pope visits or at least the DNC.
I found the answer to my own question. Google is your friend....

http://articles.philly.com/2014-05-0...street-station

http://articles.philly.com/2015-02-2...oseph-boardman

Not likely to happen anytime soon. Jeez...

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 4:10 PM

New Development Old City?

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Kid View Post
No, but I had just walked by there last weekend and though something really needed to go there! Arguably, a highrise would be nice, but I'm satisfied with super luxury townhomes considering the location.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 8:18 PM

Quote:
No, but I had just walked by there last weekend and though something really needed to go there! Arguably, a highrise would be nice, but I'm satisfied with super luxury townhomes considering the location.
If it's in center city limits and within a block from a subway station it should be a high rise.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
If it's in center city limits and within a block from a subway station it should be a high rise.
Disagree. I love skyscrapers and highrises, but there is room for lowrise and midrise pockets, particularly in Old City and Society Hill. It adds diversity and architectural interest to the city.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Disagree. I love skyscrapers and highrises, but there is room for lowrise and midrise pockets, particularly in Old City and Society Hill. It adds diversity and architectural interest to the city.
I agree. I don't think it needs to be a highrise. For those interested, here is a rendering of the Adagio development at Front and Sansom:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/17378391...xury-Townhomes

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 11:17 PM

Quote:
If we can't show that we'll make proper use of our high density capable sections of the city then what's the point. Certainly no argument to ever expand or make new subways.

Imo this is more disappointing than 1919 market and 1900 arch and those are actually multifamily.

Last edited by MikeNigh; Jun 8, 2015 at 11:56 PM.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 11:18 PM

T-Shaped building will finally shape up near Front and Callowhill

http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...ont-callowhill

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
I found the answer to my own question. Google is your friend....

http://articles.philly.com/2014-05-0...street-station

http://articles.philly.com/2015-02-2...oseph-boardman

Not likely to happen anytime soon. Jeez...
I was wondering what game Amtrak was playing at. I've walked under that area about 5,000 times literally in the past 11 years and never seen even a flake of material come off those columns/etc. So not sure what they are trying to restore. I know they let the roof rot until they got free money from the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Water would drip into the food court and it took them years to do anything about it. Tell me they couldn't afford a roofer to come out a fix a leak LOL. I'd wager they spent the money on something else because they MUST have a maintenance budget for their buildings. All those restaurants and businesses pay rent, I wonder where all that money goes if not to at least keep the roof from leaking.

Cheers,
G.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 11:32 PM

Walnut Estates - 22nd and Walnut - new townhome renderings

http://www.phillyliving.com/blog/wit...t-estates.html

Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 12:44 AM

Why does luxury today mean modern? I'm young and I think it looks nice but for old city, what happened to that beautiful and complex brick and stone exterior? I like the apartments at Lombard and Gaskill. They have a modern yet colonial feel to them.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 5:59 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

I can't get a feel for where the "Adagio" is or how it'll be sited ...

Incidentally, a nice midrise would be best right behind 101 Walnut, that's a big-ass blank wall that building's got.

And the Adagio's promo material's got the Penns Landing park render, cute.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 9:56 AM

Looks good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
I agree. I don't think it needs to be a highrise. For those interested, here is a rendering of the Adagio development at Front and Sansom:

Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 9:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
If we can't show that we'll make proper use of our high density capable sections of the city then what's the point. Certainly no argument to ever expand or make new subways.

Imo this is more disappointing than 1919 market and 1900 arch and those are actually multifamily.
But we can show it and are showing it. Parking lots all over the city are falling to towers and highrise buildings.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development