HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 28, 2006, 1:17 PM
Steel City USA

^Thanks, i usually go there to check out a lot of things, but im not a member.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2006, 7:24 PM
Steel City USA

I just noticed that proposal for the Cliffs Condo project. I really like the style they have.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2006, 2:00 AM
Steel City USA

Fenn Tower looks great. They really did a nice job on it.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2006, 11:38 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

Updated August 31 - new photos for Cleveland Clinic Heart Center and Stonebridge Plaza.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2006, 12:22 PM
Steel City USA

They are really coming along up there. The Cleveland Heart Clinic is going to be really nice when it is finished.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2006, 8:49 PM
Steel City USA

Does anyone have any idea when the Heart Clinic will be finished?

Old Posted Sep 12, 2006, 8:14 PM
Steel City USA

Wasnt there a building planned by the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame by the airport? Like an air museum or something?

Old Posted Sep 20, 2006, 12:28 AM
Steel City USA

Any new pictures of the new SteelYard Commons?

Old Posted Sep 20, 2006, 8:37 PM

Stonebridge developers plan 1,500 new homes in Flats

12:08 p.m. (updated 3:06 p.m.)

The developers behind Stonebridge, already an unlikely success story on the west bank of the Flats, plan to add about 1,500 homes and 935,000 square feet of office and retail space to their growing neighborhood.

Architect Bob Corna and Doug Price, chief executive of K&D Group Inc., will announce the expansion tomorrow afternoon at a ribbon-cutting for the next two phases of their project.

"I know this sounds a little Disneyland-ish," said Corna, an architect who envisions glass elevators and a series of walkways that connect the west and east banks to Whiskey Island.

Then again, Corna said, the mere idea of the neighborhood seemed Disney-ish when he first proposed it more than 10 years ago. But with 320 housing units already built and another 108 under construction, Stonebridge has surprised its early skeptics.

Prices on the existing Stonebridge units, almost all of which have been sold or leased, range from $140,000 for a one-bedroom plan to more than $1 million for a penthouse suite.

Stonebridge's final six construction phases are expected to spread out over at least five years. The next two phases (7 and will include 30 townhouses along the Cuyahoga River and another 100 loft-style townhouses in Stonebridge Place along the Superior Viaduct.

The following three phases would bring about 250 more townhouses and 285,000 square feet of office and retail space. The project's 12th and final phase would be the largest: 1,200 homes and 650,000 square feet of office and retail space extending northwest toward Whiskey Island.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2006, 2:08 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

Updated September 21st: Lola Bistro completed; updated images for Cleveland Museum of Art, Gospel Press lofts, Avenue District.

Paintballer, the museum you're referring to was cancelled (thankfully because it was a bad design for that location). I'll try to get pics of Steelyard Commons this weekend.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2006, 2:21 AM
Steel City USA

Thanks, MayDay. Didnt want to seem like i was asking for too much. And looks like everything is coming along nicely. Also, good news about Stonebridge.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2006, 9:26 PM
Steel City USA

Can anyone tell me how up to date this site is? I couldnt find a date on it anywhere. I know some of you know about the projects and if they are older or newer ones. I really like some of the plans on this site.

http://planning.city.cleveland.oh.us/

Old Posted Sep 24, 2006, 9:16 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

That's the official site of the City of Cleveland Planning Commission. I haven't had a chance to go through all the material but I'd say most of it is current, though some of the concepts are just in the planning stage.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2006, 1:12 AM
Steel City USA

^Well thats good to know as most sights i go to are not updated. I really like most of the plans, esp the Connecting Cleveland plan. If that goes through Cleveland will have a spectacular lakefront.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2006, 3:11 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

This is in the very earliest of stages so nothing is definite, but this could be huge:
Monday October 2, 2006

Baker Hostetler search may alter office landscape
Law firm’s massive space needs could spell end to decade-plus construction drought downtown
By STAN BULLARD
Crain's Cleveland
6:00 am, October 2, 2006
Baker Hostetler won’t say much about where its Cleveland office home may be in two years. But a buzz is rising in downtown circles that the big law firm could serve as the catalyst for the city’s first new downtown office building in 15 years.

Such talk is astonishing because the downtown office market’s nightmarish condition a short time ago had middle-age office brokers privately writing off working on a new skyscraper for the rest of their careers. But a resurgence of Cleveland’s Class A office market — those buildings with the best views and locations — could change that situation.

Developers have designs ready for a dream tenant, and Baker, with its 455-person Cleveland staff, could be it.

More at crainscleveland.com http://www.crainscleveland.com

Last edited by MayDay; Oct 8, 2009 at 12:17 PM.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2006, 8:28 PM
Steel City USA

^Thats really cool news. I would really like to see a new highrise go up in Cleveland. Esp around Public Square. I personally wouldnt like one in the Flats District. I would like it to be closer to the downtown area. Maybe i read it wrong but that article said there hadnt been a highrise built in Cleveland since the early 90s. What about the Federal Courthouse building that was built back in 2002?

Old Posted Oct 4, 2006, 1:30 AM

That's great news! Would definitely be nice to see cranes dot the skyline again.

I think Wolstein is out of his mind. His Flats East Bank project is just a dream at this point. What's there to do in the Flats for all these workers? Nothing at the moment.

My vote is the Public Square location, which is great to see Jacobs still wanting to get that property developed. It's within a short walk of the courthouse. Besides here's an opportunity to get rid of that awful parking lot where Ameritrust was supposed to go.

Obviously anything built will be just a filler. How tall of a building do you think Baker Hostetler could fill if it had its own building or would they be interested in a mix-use (office/hotel) type building?

Old Posted Oct 4, 2006, 2:37 AM
Member of SSP since 1997

^The ballpark figure that Baker & Hostetler needs for their own space is 200K sq. ft. The only existing building capable of accomodating them is 200 Public Square (aka BP) and they'd have to shuffle other tenants around to do that. Thus, we're hearing the talk of a new building for B&H. For comparisons sake, the US Bank Center in Playhouse Square has around 200K sq. ft., One Cleveland Center is around 500K.

It's pretty safe to say that if a new tower were to go up at the Ameritrust site, it would be larger than 200K sq. ft. If B&H decided to locate there, more than likely they'd be the majority tenant with naming rights. I don't think we'd see (or need) a new tallest due to vacancy rates in the CBD. A new supertall class A building would flood the market - but a new respectably sized building would address the needs of B&H, and infill one of the most highly valued parking lots between NYC and Chicago.

As far as the Flats East Bank site - I don't see that happening, at least as far as landing B&H. They're still mired down in court battles on site acquisition which will eventually be resolved, but not in time to get B&H to relocate there.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2006, 10:35 PM
Steel City USA

How tall do you think the building would be if it is built? It would be nice to see another tall building like 200 Public Square go in. Somewhere around 600 ft.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2006, 8:12 PM

600ft would most likely be too big, but if theres a residential/hotel component on it i could see it around 400-500ft if it were to be at public square. i would also wonder if they were able to attract a large suburban tenant or several suburban office tenants downtown.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations