HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1  
Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 11:33 PM
DetroitSky's Avatar
DetroitSky DetroitSky is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,293
Tallest unused building in each state

I've been trying to create a list of the tallest presently unused building in every state, but it can be hard to find current information. I know not every state has unused multi floor buildings so this list might not ever be complete. If you know the current tallest unused building that has not begun renovations in any of the states I'm missing, which is most, please let me know.

Alabama: Brown-Marx Building/Birmingham/16 floors/210 ft/unused since 2002


Alaska: Polaris Building/Fairbanks/11 floors/? ft/unused since 2000


Arkansas: Medical Arts Building/Hot Springs/16 floors/180 ft/unused since 1991 besides ground floor retail


Connecticut: Remington Shot Tower/Bridgeport/10 floors/167 ft/unused since 1986


Louisiana: Plaza Tower/New Orleans/45 floors/531 ft/unused since 2002


Michigan: Executive Plaza/Detroit/22 floors/290 ft/unused since 2002


Ohio: Centre City Building/Dayton/21 floors/274 ft/unused since 2012


Pennsylvania: Martin Tower/Bethlehem/21 floors/332 ft/unused since 2007


Rhode Island: Bank of America Building/Providence/26 floors/428 ft/unused since 2012


Tennessee: 100 North Main Building/Memphis/37 floors/430 ft/unused since 2014


Texas: 801 St. Joseph Parkway/Houston/30 floors/325 ft/unused since 1998
__________________
My Emporis photos.
My Instagram.

Last edited by DetroitSky; Nov 19, 2018 at 5:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 2:54 PM
TimCity2000's Avatar
TimCity2000 TimCity2000 is offline
Burming Hammer
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 2,128
I'd guess in Alabama it's the Brown-Marx Building here in Birmingham, although maybe not for long. Rumors of a hotel / mixed-use development have been swirling.

https://www.bhamwiki.com/w/Brown_Marx_Building
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 1:20 AM
DetroitSky's Avatar
DetroitSky DetroitSky is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCity2000 View Post
I'd guess in Alabama it's the Brown-Marx Building here in Birmingham, although maybe not for long. Rumors of a hotel / mixed-use development have been swirling.

https://www.bhamwiki.com/w/Brown_Marx_Building
Looks like you're right. I'll add it to the list for now. Hopefully when it gets restored they bring that cornice back!
__________________
My Emporis photos.
My Instagram.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4  
Old Posted Nov 8, 2018, 8:26 PM
brenoscape brenoscape is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 2
3 World Trade Center NYC

3 World Trade Center is the sixth-tallest building in New York City. This is my picture of it and The Oculus.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5  
Old Posted Nov 9, 2018, 1:28 AM
DetroitSky's Avatar
DetroitSky DetroitSky is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenoscape View Post
3 World Trade Center is the sixth-tallest building in New York City. This is my picture of it and The Oculus.

But 3 World Trade Center is occupied...
__________________
My Emporis photos.
My Instagram.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6  
Old Posted Nov 9, 2018, 2:20 PM
brenoscape brenoscape is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 2
Sorry - My first post. I was down at a smorgasburg event there yesterday (awesome food) and I took this picture and just wanted to share it. I thought this thread was about "Tallest building in each state", my bad.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2018, 12:03 AM
Stefanie2005 Stefanie2005 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1
Smile Martin Tower in Bethlehem, PA

Hello everyone,

I just joined this site and I wanted to inform everyone of a little mistake I saw.

I live in the Lehigh Valley near Bethlehem, PA where Martin Tower is. The building has actually been vacant since 2007, not 2004. And the building is 332 feet tall. They are currently removing asbestos and doing interior demolition. It's unsure if this building will be renovated or torn down. If you are on Facebook or Twitter, you are welcome to join my pages "Save Martin Tower" where there are lots of photos and information!

~Stefanie2005
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2018, 12:07 AM
KevinFromTexas's Avatar
KevinFromTexas KevinFromTexas is offline
you suck
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: down the street from the taco trailer
Posts: 47,079
I know people hate on the Plaza Tower Building in New Orleans, but I love how funky it is.

__________________
Hear me. And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open. - Metallica
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2018, 8:24 AM
DetroitSky's Avatar
DetroitSky DetroitSky is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie2005 View Post
Hello everyone,

I just joined this site and I wanted to inform everyone of a little mistake I saw.

I live in the Lehigh Valley near Bethlehem, PA where Martin Tower is. The building has actually been vacant since 2007, not 2004. And the building is 332 feet tall. They are currently removing asbestos and doing interior demolition. It's unsure if this building will be renovated or torn down. If you are on Facebook or Twitter, you are welcome to join my pages "Save Martin Tower" where there are lots of photos and information!

~Stefanie2005
Thank you! I made the changes.
__________________
My Emporis photos.
My Instagram.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 3:15 PM
TimCity2000's Avatar
TimCity2000 TimCity2000 is offline
Burming Hammer
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 2,128
I may have spoken too soon about Alabama... I knew the AT&T City Center in Birmingham had lost its main tenant, but didn't realize it was completely vacant (albeit for only a few months now). However, as in the case of Brown-Marx, looks like it won't be for long:

https://patch.com/alabama/birmingham...artment-retail
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 7:21 AM
DetroitSky's Avatar
DetroitSky DetroitSky is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCity2000 View Post
I may have spoken too soon about Alabama... I knew the AT&T City Center in Birmingham had lost its main tenant, but didn't realize it was completely vacant (albeit for only a few months now). However, as in the case of Brown-Marx, looks like it won't be for long:

https://patch.com/alabama/birmingham...artment-retail
I'll leave the Brown-Marx Building up for now and change it depending on which building starts construction first.
__________________
My Emporis photos.
My Instagram.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:52 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.