HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxtex View Post
^^^if you want out your door, alpine pursuits, you'll have to go to a proper ski town, or maybe boulder. l.a. is very hilly all over the place too. portland is pretty and hilly but only on the west side of town. the rest of the city is flat as a pancake. seattle is very hilly though. all over the place. its like rome and its seven hills. plus its got ocean views, forest view and mountain views so I say it wins for big city west coast beauty. unless your Vancouver. that's the champ. my unpopular opinion is midwesterners are topographically conscious. I was too and I moved. but in hindsight, lakes and trees are just as pretty as anything else. you couldn't pay me to live in north dakota though.
I actually live just west of Columbus and am in the cornfield country. But I am also just 1,000 feet from a National Wild and Scenic River that has been acclaimed by the Nature Conservancy, am close to several large metro parks(including one that has free roaming bison and another with canoeing), and there are some nice small valleys nearby that can be picturesque.

Also I really don't mind the cornfields and the seasonal changes...how it is all cut down over the winter and you can literally see for miles and then by summer you can go down a country lane that is just lined with 8 foot walls of green. Also there are farms with cows, horses, llamas, etc and orchards scattered here and there. Much of it is simply the attitude you have about what you see. At least the land is productive and useful. And it is safe and quiet. Nearly every place(not all)but most have some upsides if you look for them. Plus I am very close to aging parents and that is important-I need to be here for them.

Yeah I would rather live a few blocks from High in the Short North, but it is cheap to live out here and I am right between two highway interchanges(about 2 or 3 miles from each) and it is a straight 20 mile shot right to downtown. It could be a lot worse, you know?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions