HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 5, 2023, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguil1 View Post
https://www.nola.com/news/city-state...e=featured-top

After years of false starts, City Hall finally has a path to move to a new home across from its current location on Perdido Street.
OMG it’s finally happening !! 😯

Old Posted Oct 6, 2023, 12:31 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
OMG it’s finally happening !! 😯
Does anyone understand this article at alll? First off how would they fit both buildings on that space that was where the state office building was. Two: these sizes dont seem right , especially for City Hall. 57,000 sqft? that seems really small to me and certainly not aligning with the other plans recently.

Rough estimates among city officials earlier this year put the cost at around $250 million, but Chief Administrative Officer Gilbert Montaño said it's far too early to put a number on it.

The Civil District Court plan calls for its new building to go on the now-vacant site in Duncan Plaza that once housed the Louisiana Supreme Court before its move to the French Quarter. City Hall would be a separate building. Plans discussed last spring contemplated a 57,000-square-foot City Hall building and 32,000-square-foot court building.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2023, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Does anyone understand this article at alll? First off how would they fit both buildings on that space that was where the state office building was. Two: these sizes dont seem right , especially for City Hall. 57,000 sqft? that seems really small to me and certainly not aligning with the other plans recently.

Rough estimates among city officials earlier this year put the cost at around $250 million, but Chief Administrative Officer Gilbert Montaño said it's far too early to put a number on it.

The Civil District Court plan calls for its new building to go on the now-vacant site in Duncan Plaza that once housed the Louisiana Supreme Court before its move to the French Quarter. City Hall would be a separate building. Plans discussed last spring contemplated a 57,000-square-foot City Hall building and 32,000-square-foot court building.
I’m assuming they’ll have to do a complete reconfiguration of the Duncan Plaza layout in order to accommodate both complexes. They’ll also probably have just enough green space for a park/recreational area. Also I’m assuming they’ll demolish the current City Hall/ Court building once the complexes are complete; thus freeing up some land. I dunno.. just a guess on my part.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2023, 5:11 PM
-

Quote:
I’m assuming they’ll have to do a complete reconfiguration of the Duncan Plaza layout in order to accommodate both complexes. They’ll also probably have just enough green space for a park/recreational area. Also I’m assuming they’ll demolish the current City Hall/ Court building once the complexes are complete; thus freeing up some land. I dunno.. just a guess on my part.
So im assuming the square footage figures in the article are completely incorrect then. becuase its way more than 57,000 sqft for city hall

Old Posted Oct 6, 2023, 5:15 PM
-

Project Number 47011
Project St. Claude General Hospital
3419 St. Claude Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70117
Part 1:
Received:
10/02/2023

Part 2:
Received:
Fee Received:

Part 3:
Received:
Fee Received:

Project Number 46902
Project
636 Carondelet St
New Orleans, LA 70130
Part 1:
Received:
09/08/2023

Part 2:
Received:
Fee Received:

Part 3:
Received:
Fee Received:

Project Number 46938
Project IBM Building
2640 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70119
Part 1:
Received:
09/15/2023

Part 2:
Received:
Fee Received:

Part 3:
Received:
Fee Received:

Project Number 46990
Project
1035 N Rampart St.
New Orleans, LA 70116
Part 1:
Received:
09/26/2023

Part 2:
Received:
Fee Received:

Part 3:
Received:
Fee Received:

Project Number 46999
Project
310 Picayune Place
New Orleans, LA 70130
Part 1:
Received:
09/27/2023

Part 2:
Received:
Fee Received:

Part 3:
Received:
Fee Received:

Project Number 47000
Project
3307 Iberville Street
New Orleans, LA 70113
Part 1:
Received:
09/27/2023

Part 2:
Received:
Fee Received:

Part 3:
Received:
Fee Received:

Old Posted Oct 6, 2023, 5:35 PM
-

North Shore Update

The Offices @ River Chase II
E. Brewster Road, Covington, LA 70433

332 N New Hampshire and 331 N New Hampshire Construction Updates

The Painted Patio:

Haven Coffee and Cocktails:

Dakota Restaurant:

Old Posted Oct 8, 2023, 2:36 AM

Old Posted Oct 8, 2023, 2:38 AM

Any of you guys heard of the Julia street mixed development project ??

Old Posted Oct 8, 2023, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco96 View Post
Any of you guys heard of the Julia street mixed development project ??
yes, this was brought up in post #16861 back in 2019. not an actual proposal, just a conceptual rendering for the architect to show off.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2023, 6:00 PM

4 seasons Friday night, with some of Caesars new hotel and the new restaurant space at Spanish Plaza

all topped out

Old Posted Oct 8, 2023, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAslimm View Post
4 seasons Friday night, with some of Caesars new hotel and the new restaurant space at Spanish Plaza

all topped out

I would love to stay at the Four Seasons one day ( when I can afford to 😄). Does the top of the building still revolve ?

Old Posted Oct 9, 2023, 3:05 PM

Quote:
I would love to stay at the Four Seasons one day ( when I can afford to 😄). Does the top of the building still revolve ?
I havent been up there yet, actually Friday was my first time going in there and we only checked out the lobby bar and restaurant which we couldnt get a seat at the bar...from my understanding there is still a revolving bar up top

Old Posted Oct 9, 2023, 3:33 PM

Claiborne Ave. Improvements

Here’s an article about the improvements https://www.nola.com/news/business/p...rce=the-latest happening underneath Claiborne. There’s no easy solution here except spending billions to demolish and rebuild the whole thing. Maybe pressure washing the parts they aren’t painting will help. The ground level portion needs some attention too.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2023, 4:40 PM

That offices @ river chase ii development seems huge, do they have any tenants already lined up? CBD has plenty of availability with Shell moving to the RD and seen DXC building recently put up for sale with only about half the building leased so I feel this is continuing to spread the region thin but the North Shore is the place to be I suppose...

Old Posted Oct 9, 2023, 5:23 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwm991 View Post
That offices @ river chase ii development seems huge, do they have any tenants already lined up? CBD has plenty of availability with Shell moving to the RD and seen DXC building recently put up for sale with only about half the building leased so I feel this is continuing to spread the region thin but the North Shore is the place to be I suppose...
I recently moved to downtown covington. Really nice and clean over here. Lots of new developments. As far as tenants for the new phase I dont know how they work it. if its done on spec or not. Dont really think the tenants here are really from the same potential pool of tenants as the south shore. Metairie seems to be the place thats been picking off tenants from downtown

Old Posted Oct 9, 2023, 5:32 PM
-

Northshore hit Habanero’s opens in Metairie with tacos, vibrant style and more to come

There is more on the way. Another Habanero’s is under development in Luling, at 12713 Hwy. 90 address. That was previously the Latin fusion restaurant Santos, which closed last year.

Cruz is also developing a second location of Tacos Del Cartel, this time in downtown New Orleans as part of the South Market development. It will be at the corner of Girod Street and O’Keefe Avenue, inside The Beacon apartment building, in a spot that had been a Starbucks. It's slated to open either late this year or early in 2024.

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...d96abaeb9.html

Old Posted Oct 9, 2023, 7:59 PM
-

Land Swap Agreement Could Lead the Way to New City Hall

A bit more information on the deal

https://www.bizneworleans.com/land-s...FgNR3BaI5e9NDa

Old Posted Oct 9, 2023, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwm991 View Post
New Orleans is in need of more office development across the metro area. You have to give a little and create demand. I'm in Atlanta, a city notorious for overbuilding. There are a good number of buildings downtown that barely have people in them, yet new offices are popping up consistently across the metro area and business is good. This is normal in most major cities. If you build it, they will come.

Do like the rest of the country, build anew and if there's space available downtown or wherever, convert it to housing. Major companies want new buildings/amenities. I'm willing to bet that if Shell wasn't getting a new office building, they would've packed up and moved those 1,000 jobs right on over to Houston.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2023, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post
New Orleans is in need of more office development across the metro area. You have to give a little and create demand. I'm in Atlanta, a city notorious for overbuilding. There are a good number of buildings downtown that barely have people in them, yet new offices are popping up consistently across the metro area and business is good. This is normal in most major cities. If you build it, they will come.

Do like the rest of the country, build anew and if there's space available downtown or wherever, convert it to housing. Major companies want new buildings/amenities. I'm willing to bet that if Shell wasn't getting a new office building, they would've packed up and moved those 1,000 jobs right on over to Houston.
I believe the River District has another office tower in development which makes me believe they’ll announce another anchor tenant for that one when the opportunity comes about. I wouldn’t be surprised if they build one or two more office high rises if the demand is there. As far as One Shell Square and DXC Technology, I’m sure they’ll find new tenants to fill those vacant floors for
each of those buildings ; these things always go in ebbs and flows.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2023, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post

Oh I know what you are trying to say. A lot of companies see the traditional scrapers and old 1970s suburban office parks as stodgy so like the new modern campus type developments, such as what is popping up in the River District. Just the other side of the coin is its a lot of empty space to fill - its not a city flush with a big corporate presence like Atlanta.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations