HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 12:09 PM

They're not predictions.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 1:45 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote View Post
These were the same people who predicted Edmonton to win the cup this year and Vegas to not make the playoffs. They also predicted the Jets would not make the playoffs. I hold so much faith in their predictions.
They're not predictions; they're betting favourites.

---------

Seattle news:

NHL GM meetings wrap: Vegas to be spared from a Seattle draft

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...seattle-draft/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsnet
There’s no reason to expect them to be put in position to lose a player because they’re not going to be sharing in the $650-million fee the Oak View Group will be asked to pay if/when the NHL accepts its expansion application. That was part of the deal the league struck with Golden Knights owner Bill Foley when he was granted the 31st franchise.

As a result, the Original 30 will eventually receive $21.67-million apiece from Seattle after cashing $16.67-million cheques from Vegas. That helps soften the blow of losing another player through expansion.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 4:31 PM
Near Generational

I really hope this latest debacle leads the Flames to clean house. Ideally everyone including Ken King is launched into the sun.

It's time to reboot the franchise.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 4:31 PM

Apparently the Flames missing the playoffs triggers a condition on the Mike Smith trade that turns it into a third round pick this year.

So potentially no first, second, or third round pick this year. I know Burke's not the gm but that's painfully reminiscent of his time here.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 4:45 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
Apparently the Flames missing the playoffs triggers a condition on the Mike Smith trade that turns it into a third round pick this year.

So potentially no first, second, or third round pick this year. I know Burke's not the gm but that's painfully reminiscent of his time here.
I thought they had the option of 2018 or 2019 draft pick (2nd round if they make the playoffs and third round if they miss). But yeah, they are losing a third round pick this spring or next spring and they already traded their second round pick this year away.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 4:55 PM
Near Generational

Quote:

If they would have made the playoffs it would have been a 2nd round pick in 2019 draft, which likely would have had to been in 2020.

As it turns out the Flames still wouldn't have a 2019 2nd round pick anyways due to the condition in the Hamonic deal.

So no 1st or 2nd round pick in 2018 and no 2nd or 3rd pick in 2019 drafts for the Flames.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 8:44 PM

Flames have a lot of cap space and the need for change, they will have to make some moves this summer, hope they find someone with some fucking heart! haven't seen a team completely fold like this in a while, they were right in the race a week ago and low they are an embarrassment to watch.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 10:45 PM

Damn, I missed this Crosby goal from last night. Possible goal of the year.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 10:47 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Flames have a lot of cap space and the need for change, they will have to make some moves this summer, hope they find someone with some fucking heart! haven't seen a team completely fold like this in a while, they were right in the race a week ago and low they are an embarrassment to watch.
Hate to break it to you but they've been an embarrassment to watch for more than a week. You can't make it to the playoffs when you lose every game where you score first.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 2:13 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

Quote:
Exactly.
I wish they could trade this past week with that of the Oil.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 2:49 AM

Great Leaf game. We just walked all over the best team in the league in the last half of the game. The panthers lost tonight which puts us one game closer to a playoff spot.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 4:21 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
Great Leaf game. We just walked all over the best team in the league in the last half of the game. The panthers lost tonight which puts us one game closer to a playoff spot.
You mean the best team in the league without their star goalie and who are clinched and don’t really need to win right lol.

I’ll remind you Leafs about the other day with you had a 3-0 lead against Tampa and lost 4-3 in regulation. Yup you guys are cup bound with the legendary Mathews at the helm...........

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 11:51 AM

We just scored 5 goals against Pekka Rinne, what the fuck are you talking about? They haven't lost in regulation in a month, but ya I guess last night was when they finally decided to mail it in. Nashville had 5 powerplays off of some of the worse reffing I've seen all season, but they obviously just sat in their own zone on those powerplays because they've clinched a spot so who cares? Don't make yourself look like a fool by commenting on a game you obviously didn't pay attention to beyond the notification you get from the tsn app.

Leafs dominated 5/6 periods against the two best teams in the league, but they're young and the momentary lapses in judgement have still cost them points. They've won or split the season series against all of the top 5 teams in the league now. They've shown that they can hang with the best of them on any given night, but they haven't proven anything where it really matters yet. If they can maintain that level of play for 4+ games against Boston or Tampa then we have something to talk about.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 12:15 PM
Moran supreme

Quote:
The crowning piece would be for the Oilers to get within 2 points or even tie/surpass the Flames in the final regular season standings.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 1:21 PM

Never seen this before. Puck gets caught in Cam Ward's skate without anyone noticing. Counts as a good goal when he backs into his own net.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote View Post
You mean the best team in the league without their star goalie and who are clinched and don’t really need to win right lol.

I’ll remind you Leafs about the other day with you had a 3-0 lead against Tampa and lost 4-3 in regulation. Yup you guys are cup bound with the legendary Mathews at the helm...........

Whoa relax buddy, it's just hockey. Who said we are cup bound other then you? No Leaf fan expects this to be the year. Our team is still building it's talent up. Also you failed to also point out it was Mathews first game back since his shoulder injury and he looked better then ever. Last nights win wasn't about Nashville's goal tending as much as it was about being out skated for the majority of the game. The Preds only scored once in six power plays. Where the Leafs scored 2 out of their 3. You also don't get to be the #1 team in the league by relying on one goaltender.

Last edited by TorontoDrew; Mar 23, 2018 at 3:38 PM.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 3:37 PM
More transit please

Quote:
Never seen this before. Puck gets caught in Cam Ward's skate without anyone noticing. Counts as a good goal when he backs into his own net.
Mike Smith did it a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAOKAkEN7SI

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 3:51 PM
I am the law!

LOL Jets fans in this thread are definitely showing some inexperience.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Damn, I missed this Crosby goal from last night. Possible goal of the year.

Contender For goal of the year...my god.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 4:29 PM
Near Generational

^^^ That's pretty darn impressive!!

Tavares did something very similar in the WJC. I'll see if I can dig it up on youtube.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada