HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Mar 17, 2018, 8:39 PM
Website Manager

Changes to this forum - please read

Hi guys, the forum administration is considering getting rid of this sub-forum but we want to hear from any members who frequent here how they feel about this. It's because there's not much activity here and we are cleaning up and consolidating the forum now. All existing threads and activity for Sacramento would get moved to the US Pacific West forum. Any comments or concerns? Thank you :-)

Old Posted Mar 18, 2018, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Leblanc View Post
Hi guys, the forum administration is considering getting rid of this sub-forum but we want to hear from any members who frequent here how they feel about this. It's because there's not much activity here and we are cleaning up and consolidating the forum now. All existing threads and activity for Sacramento would get moved to the US Pacific West forum. Any comments or concerns? Thank you :-)
I think that would be OK. There is a lot going on but not a lot of interest on this forum.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2018, 11:02 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

It's time.

I love my hometown but it just may be one of the few cities it's size with no "skyscrapers" under construction and no true "skyscrapers" in the planning stages. It's not much more than a lot of unrealized proposals. This sub forum should have been closed a long time ago.

✌️

Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 4:26 AM
Here we stAy

I'm torn, as I know traffic on this sub has been slow of late, but also would miss having the convenience of accessing the old threads so easily. The thing with Sacramento is that proposals tend to have a long life and take much more time to come out of the ground that other areas. Traffic has picked up in the last little while, though nowhere near past levels I'm sure.

I know that's not a reason to manage the forum for a low-traffic sub; just my thoughts. I totally wouldn't blame you or have an issue though if us Sacramentans were folded into the USPW forum.

Last edited by ltsmotorsport; Mar 20, 2018 at 4:45 AM.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 5:52 PM
Kodachrome

Yes, move these over to the Pacific West forum. Weeks will go by with not even one post here.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2018, 6:50 PM

Is it possible to leave the sub forum, but get rid of most of the threads? Leave only the ones that have activity over the past couple months?

For those of you who still live in Sac, please take and post pics and provide updates! Keep the excitement alive.

One forumer posted that the large apartment and condo complex on Stockton and T has began construction - where are the pics and updates?

Old Posted Mar 21, 2018, 10:31 PM

I have checked almost daily this page for years. I know the user activity is not high right now but I do love reading all the insight from different users. I myself need to start posting more instead of just reading.
There is so much going on (speculative and actually building) but we just need to start getting more discussions going on here.
Please keep the Sacramento page!

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 5:45 PM
BANNED

^Has there ever been any activity here? I'm not sure why Sacto ever got it's own section considering the last tall building to go up there was almost a decade ago.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McAvity View Post
^Has there ever been any activity here? I'm not sure why Sacto ever got it's own section considering the last tall building to go up there was almost a decade ago.
Is being a dick just a hobby of yours or is it a full time job? How old do you reckon this section is? Would you say at least 10 years? And FYI that is the number of years in a decade. And when it was started there were skyscrapers uc or proposed. But if your argument is going to be about the number of skyscrapers being built then you’d better shut down the DC section because they legally cannot build skyscrapers in that city.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 11:56 PM

Is there anything particularly problematic with having this be its own sub-forum? I mean is it really a big deal having this as another area that shows up under "Pacific West"? I don't know about most other people but I literally just have this forum bookmarked, and don't do much navigation on this site. If this was gotten rid of it would just be a hassle trying to sift through a bunch of random forum threads just to see the Sacramento area stuff.

Just a problem with being in one of these peripheral metro areas, not enough high rises going up but that doesn't mean nothing is going on or will go on..

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 11:15 PM

I have read this forum almost every week for the last 5 years. It's slow but has very useful information sometimes.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2018, 12:56 AM

I"ll miss this as well-we seem to have a tight knit group here.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2018, 2:35 AM

Why change it

Old Posted Mar 28, 2018, 2:42 AM
Sonoma Strong

Keep it

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2018, 4:22 AM

I've been reading this forum for the last year or so and I only created an account right now to post this. I'm someone who is really interested in the development and growth of the Sacramento region. I spend hours and hours every week reading about local businesses, current construction proposals, and past construction proposals. I've never posted since I never thought I really had much to contribute, but the idea of getting rid of this sub-forum saddens me. When I first found this forum, I was ecstatic that there was a group of people who were interested in the same things I was interested in. I spent hours and hours reading old threads going back to the beginning. I check the forum every day and love that I can find comments by people with great insight and information all in one place. While there might not be too much going on right now, I strongly believe in the future of the region and the city of Sacramento itself. I think it would be a shame to see this sub-forum shut down.

And also, now that I finally got myself to make an account, I'll try to do my part to make this place a bit more active.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2018, 5:11 AM
Sac-O-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMugsrove View Post
I've been reading this forum for the last year or so and I only created an account right now to post this. I'm someone who is really interested in the development and growth of the Sacramento region. I spend hours and hours every week reading about local businesses, current construction proposals, and past construction proposals. I've never posted since I never thought I really had much to contribute, but the idea of getting rid of this sub-forum saddens me. When I first found this forum, I was ecstatic that there was a group of people who were interested in the same things I was interested in. I spent hours and hours reading old threads going back to the beginning. I check the forum every day and love that I can find comments by people with great insight and information all in one place. While there might not be too much going on right now, I strongly believe in the future of the region and the city of Sacramento itself. I think it would be a shame to see this sub-forum shut down.

And also, now that I finally got myself to make an account, I'll try to do my part to make this place a bit more active.
I feel the same way, and check the Sacramento threads several times a week. Sometimes there is some good information or interesting stuff here, and the people posting seem to have a clue. I'll take quality over quantity.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2018, 8:16 AM

It's been pitiful at times, but I remember The Towers on Capital Mall and Aura days. Sac was on the verge of doing the same as what's happening in SF right now.

Although there's not many posts, I still come here often to see if anything new has popped up. Tumbleweeds still won't stop me from coming to this ghost town. All jokes aside, we all know of plenty development here.

I think killing this is a thumbs down. What if CIM finally hits Vegas drunk and throws down some cash on Sacramento? Ha

Give it another year.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2018, 6:37 PM

I vote for the thread to stay. Yes it lost some traffic after the recession but it has had moments of really high activity and there are things going on that we don't post about. I enjoy having our own thread and check it multiple times a week.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2018, 7:29 PM

Like the last couple of posts, I am a silent watcher as well. I moved to Sacramento about a year and a half ago, and I check these threads almost daily. Sacramento has been a great place to live thus far, and it has a ton of potential. Coming from Phoenix, there obviously isn't as much activity on the thread, but looking back at the thread history it resembles Phoenix's and other western cities' development prior to, during, and after the recession. Definitely looking forward to Sacramento's future growth, so here's another vote for keeping the thread!

Old Posted Mar 31, 2018, 6:41 PM

Keep this place please

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area