HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Feb 5, 2016, 8:10 PM
Away since 06'

A lot of new pictures courtesy of the Sacramento Kings

http://www.nba.com/kings/gallery/gal...rogress-2/4/16

Old Posted Feb 9, 2016, 3:47 PM

Checking In With Progress at Sacramento's New NBA Arena

Quote:
A tour of the facility was recently posted on the project's website featuring Golden 1 Center Senior VP/General Manager Juan Rodriguez, and Sacramento Kings fan and Kings.com contributor Kevin Fippin.
An aerial video, captured in late-January via drone, provides further insight into the current stage of construction, while also helping to place the arena and adjacent tower into context.

Golden 1 Center interior, image courtesy of golden1center.com

Old Posted May 14, 2016, 3:37 PM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Anyone know why they needed a protruding window? I think they really messed up the design on that wall.

Old Posted May 15, 2016, 7:22 PM

^^I figure it's just a riff on that "box-on-box" design fad you see around these days (e.g. the hotel tower being built next door).

Old Posted May 16, 2016, 9:57 PM
NIMBY Hater

Future skybridge?

Old Posted May 24, 2016, 8:44 PM

Looks like the solar panels are finally getting installed on the arena roof.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2016, 5:41 AM

Sir Paul opened Golden1 tonight with a bit over 18K folks flocking to the arena. The auto traffic, especially exiting I-5 onto J Street, was nowhere near as bad as I would have thought. The open house festivities this past weekend drew upwards of 100K over a 6 hour span, and that too did not cause any traffic gridlock that I witnessed. The biggest payoff I believe was the superb street energy with folks meandering through downtown, and at least 3 new restaurants and more opening soon. It felt much more like San Francisco, in a good way. Hopefully this arena is a long-term game changer for downtown growth.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2016, 2:22 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacSFChi View Post
Hopefully this arena is a long-term game changer for downtown growth.

Agreed! I think over the long term it will help create enough energy in and around the arena that developers see the potential for more residential projects in close proximity of the new arena. I'm doubtful it will happen before the next economic downturn (unfortunately) so Sacramento may not see much built (besides what is happening on K street) for the next 5 to 7 years.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2016, 8:16 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

In town this weekend for my nieces wedding, a friend and I ventured down to Golden 1 Center after brunch today to get a look at the Jeff Koons piece and the giant hangar doors at Golden 1 Center but security was denying people entrance to the Plaza.

I certainly understand that event security will require them to close the public plaza in front of the arena but I'm extremely disappointed they restricted access several hours before the next event (apparently a WWE event tonight).

I would think they would want to bring people down there if they truly want it to be the community "living room" or civic piazza. I'm disappointed to say the least and it looked like they were turning away a lot of people.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2016, 10:08 PM

Maybe there's also the consideration that it's still an active construction site, between the hotel tower and whatever they're doing with Downtown Plaza.

There's also the fact that Tim Kaine will be at a fundraising event at the G1C tomorrow morning before the WWE event.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2016, 10:13 PM

I went to both fan fest and the McCartney concert. I was too surprised that there were metal detectors in order to get to the main plaza. So anytime there's an event, non-ticket holders will not have access to the plaza unless they pass through security? I thought the main plaza was for public use whether there's an event or not. I'm more disappointed at that than the stupid cup holders or the steepness of the upper bowl

Old Posted Dec 13, 2016, 8:45 PM

Golden 1 Center Time-Lapse: Capturing 26 Months of Work in Two Minutes
Quote:
The Sacremento Kings of the National Basketball Association have made the transition from Sleep Train Arena to Golden 1 Center, a brand new multi-purpose venue spanning four city blocks in the downtown core. As fans pour through the space and grow accustomed to the state-of-the-art facility, an enlightening time-lapse video produced by EarthCam showcases the hard work that it took to get to this point.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2017, 7:10 AM

Hey I know this forum has been inactive but I have been wondering when the shopping area of DOCO next to Macy's will open up? Its been a year since the arena opened up and there has been slow progress on this specific area of Doco, it really frustrates me because it can prove as an additional source of income for the city and really bring more foot traffic to DOCO with the addition of the Century Theater and Urban Outfitters.

https://hips.htvapps.com/htv-prod-me...p&resize=660:*

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 11:14 PM

I hope Sacramento gets awarded a MLS team so we can start talking about the arena plans...fingers crossed

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 10:13 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubb90 View Post
I hope Sacramento gets awarded a MLS team so we can start talking about the arena plans...fingers crossed

Highly unlikely without a major outside infusion of money.

I’m not holding my breath.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area