HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Aug 11, 2010, 1:19 PM

Great pictures. I was in Dallas back in February and I was pretty impressed from what I saw of the city. I currently live in Atlanta and I am considering a move to the Metroplex in the future, and these pictures do show a side to Dallas that a lot of people don't realize is there.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2010, 4:08 PM

You+Dallas creates some great videos that I think some of you may enjoy!

Uptown: http://www.youplusdallas.com/stories/uptown

Downtown: http://www.youplusdallas.com/stories/downtownvictory

Highland Park: http://www.youplusdallas.com/stories/highland-park

and a cool video of the city under snow: http://www.youplusdallas.com/stories/dallas-under-snow

Old Posted Sep 30, 2010, 6:20 AM

Spectacular pics!

Old Posted Oct 22, 2010, 2:04 AM
Red October standing by

thanks y'all.

skys the limit, i look forward to getting back. i'm waiting for some steel to rise on the museum tower...

-

-fflint

Old Posted Oct 24, 2010, 9:01 PM

Uhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by skys the limit View Post
Truly exceptionally well done .... and befitting the largest metro in the State of Texas and in all of the South, and the 4th largest in the nation with Dallas just behind New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago.

This clearly represents the 21st century city-state axes of the greatest nation on Earth ... with its four largest metros represented by New York City in the East, Los Angeles in the West, Chicago in the North, and Dallas in the South.

The pictures show the great density that has developed around the Downtown Dallas core where explosive growth of highrises has linked Uptown, Victory Park, Oak Lawn, West Village/Cityplace, the West End, the Medical District/World Trade Center, and Downtown into one large urban fabric.

With the Woodall Rogers Freeway urban deck park,the new 42 story Museum Tower, the new massive Omni Hotel project, and along with the 400 foot tall Calatrava Bridge all under construction the cityscape will get another major boost within the next few months as these additions fill the skyline.

You WILL need to come back and shoot some updated photos!

Thanks for an excellent photographic montage of close in Urban Dallas!
I would love to think that your optimistic view of the area is correct..The truth is that the area is more like a big sprawling parking lot. It does not even begin to compare with NYC or Chicago. I suppose you could compare it to LA (allot of sprawl and freeways) but LA has a little more character in my opinion. Even Downtown Dallas (which cannot compare to DT Fort Worth in terms of activity) is fairly spread out.
Im not saying that DFW is without its charms. Denton is a really vibrant college town with a fantastic art and music scene. Fort Worth has some great museums, parks and trails along the Trinity river, and a pretty active downtown.

Overall the area is more suited for those who enjoy driving everywhere they go and seeing nothing but shopping malls, strip malls (and clubs), and restaurant chains as far as the eye can see. I am from here so I certainly hope for good things to happen here. I do have to be honest though and admit that we have allot of shortcomings.

All that being said..Ya its totally better than Houston!

Last edited by Modifyourself; Oct 26, 2010 at 12:27 AM.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2010, 10:23 PM
Dryer lint inspector

great pics Lsyd. I really like Dallas and actually prefer it over Houston.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos