HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jan 23, 2019, 10:43 AM

Old Posted Jan 24, 2019, 1:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
Hold up, 1515 is Bufalina. Is it closing/moving?!

Old Posted Jan 24, 2019, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinchaaa View Post
Hold up, 1515 is Bufalina. Is it closing/moving?!
looks like it takes out the bufalina building and the car wash next door. seems like a fair trade - i wouldn't be sad if bufalina found a bigger location nearby or was promised a good deal in this new building (possibly with a nice outdoor patio from the brochure)

Old Posted Jan 24, 2019, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsnail View Post
looks like it takes out the bufalina building and the car wash next door. seems like a fair trade - i wouldn't be sad if bufalina found a bigger location nearby or was promised a good deal in this new building (possibly with a nice outdoor patio from the brochure)
Also, this isn't Bufalina's only location. So it's not as if they would go away completely.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2019, 6:04 PM

Regarding Bufalina from the draft minutes of the ECC neighborhood association meeting:

"Sara P – Received request to have a site plan administratively approved near CC and Comal. Not clear about details. Sara will review and will let us know. Jeff Thompson also got notified – it’s the site from the blue house all the way to Bufalina. 3 story with underground. Sara will update the team"

I'm so glad that abandoned car is going away.

Also from the same minutes:

"Lee Gresham is moving his business out of our neighborhood. We will need a new business rep."

He's the owner of East Side Pedal Pushers which is a great no-frills bike shop. Hope he gets a new location along with the owner of Fast Folks whose location is being remodeled. Only one bike shop in the neighborhood but I only see the demand going up.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2019, 3:57 PM
Love Austin

More of us need to get involved in Austin's broken Neighborhood Plan Contact Teams. Even the City Auditor found them to be inequitable and unsustainable. Sadly, these often outdated plans don't adhere to fair housing goals and often these teams attract wealthier, whiter, single-family homeowners who resist change above promoting all of Austin's goals such as affordability, walkability and transit. If you can, go to these meetings and speak up! Let's all hope that our City Council will force these groups to be more representative of the communities they are to serve.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2019, 4:29 PM

Jesus....I cannot keep up with East Austin development. I hardly ever go over there, so each journey through 6th or Cesar Chavez is like where the fk am I??

I'm sure buffalina will move elsewhere or just keep their Burnet location. ESPD not so sure....they were like the best bike shop in town....when I rode a bicycle.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2019, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427MM View Post
More of us need to get involved in Austin's broken Neighborhood Plan Contact Teams. Even the City Auditor found them to be inequitable and unsustainable. Sadly, these often outdated plans don't adhere to fair housing goals and often these teams attract wealthier, whiter, single-family homeowners who resist change above promoting all of Austin's goals such as affordability, walkability and transit. If you can, go to these meetings and speak up! Let's all hope that our City Council will force these groups to be more representative of the communities they are to serve.
Daniel Llanes, Fred McGhee, Susanza Almanza and the Red Guard are just as obstructionist, if not more, than your average Crestview/Hyde Park association member. We actually don't have a neighborhood contact team here in Holly and in the end that is probably just as well, as many do as much harm as they do good. I may disagree with city planners sometimes but they can actually look at the big picture, rather than Austin as a collection of fiefdoms. If you want to promote affordability there are several things that could be done which don't have anything to do with neighborhood associations.

I'm very laissez-fare so please upzone my SF parcel to CBD because it will sky rocket in value, e.g. Rainey Street.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 4:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
Proposed MF building with HEB at ground level, 7th and East Pleasant Valley. See pg 13.

https://issuu.com/stgdesignarchitect...n_-_mixed-use_
I don't think this is happening, at least not any time soon. They are currently doing a remodel, seems mainly cosmetic.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvairkeith View Post
I don't think this is happening, at least not any time soon. They are currently doing a remodel, seems mainly cosmetic.

I believe they are making the front doors bigger and putting in a curbside operation.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2019, 10:11 AM

Old Posted Feb 16, 2019, 4:45 PM
Love Austin

Great update! Thought for a moment you were going to share plans for the old "Uptown Sports" building. Love the building, tired of the vacancy...

Old Posted Feb 16, 2019, 5:03 PM

Nice pics! Whole lotta contrast on the East side these days.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2019, 6:47 PM
クラブトクヨ

The first picture is interesting to me, vacant graffiti covered uptown sports, with scooters docked and next to a new building

Old Posted Feb 17, 2019, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427MM View Post
Great update! Thought for a moment you were going to share plans for the old "Uptown Sports" building. Love the building, tired of the vacancy...
More activity would be good, but I admire the level of grit. It feels a lot like 'Old East Austin'

Old Posted Feb 17, 2019, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
More activity would be good, but I admire the level of grit. It feels a lot like 'Old East Austin'
Without all the citizens who called this area home for so many years. Progress does come with a price.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2019, 4:39 AM

East 12th update.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2019, 7:34 PM

Great photo updates.

What really jumped out at me on the first 2 photos were the overhead lines. Those never show up in renderings.

https://skoutaustin.com/commercial/1224-east-12

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 5:45 AM
World Traveler

Those splashes of color actually do a lot, I think. Renderings that are overly colorful can make me wonder how they'll turn out when completed, but these actually work.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Matt View Post
Great photo updates.

What really jumped out at me on the first 2 photos were the overhead lines. Those never show up in renderings.

https://skoutaustin.com/commercial/1224-east-12
Is there a another city that has successfully taken overhead lines and buried them all/most? I wonder what the cost would be. I imagine developers would pitch in to help bury them. They are so ugly and now is the time to address them...the entire urban core is under transformation.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin