HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 3:40 AM

I'm leaning towards Option A, but am not quite sold on three things.

Firstly, Brunette is meant to be grade-separated from Blue Mountain and Lougheed. The only way I can see that happening is via a tunnel or overpass. The overpass would loom like an eyesore over historic Malliardville... the tunnel method is passable, but might cut off local businesses if it starts in the village proper. Now, there isn't really a lot of space to move things around, but I tried to do that below:

Legend:
- yellow dots = traffic lights

You will also see on my concept that I added back the ramps to and from Brunette, but only on the Vancouver direction. That is just to make it easier for local residents to get in and out, and could be deferred until traffic levels warrant it.

The other thing that I'm not sure about is the diamond interchange where United meets Brunette. I know there's not a lot of space there either, but I thought they were falling out of style in other parts of the continent in favour of other kinds of interchanges (e.g. a SPUI). But I might be wrong.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure