HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 16, 2009, 10:22 PM

In case you missed it...

The dunk by the little man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxYAiHqcuRI

Old Posted Nov 17, 2009, 12:07 AM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Nuggets are looking pretty good! 7-3 not a bad start! I really like some of the new guys and what they are bringing to the table. GO NUGGETS!

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2009, 4:37 AM
Closed account

You peeps who expressed anger for the Jazz during their losing stint have at least got to be impressed with that win in San Antonio. It broke a 20 game losing streak on their court. It was a little trial by error, but I think the Jazz have finally got their rhythm, and they don't even have Korver, Miles, or Price.

I think the next 7 games are home games, so we'll see how that pans out.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2009, 5:38 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroFanatic View Post
You peeps who expressed anger for the Jazz during their losing stint have at least got to be impressed with that win in San Antonio. It broke a 20 game losing streak on their court. It was a little trial by error, but I think the Jazz have finally got their rhythm, and they don't even have Korver, Miles, or Price.

I think the next 7 games are home games, so we'll see how that pans out.

Ok so I was impressed that they FINALLY won a game in San Antonio. Still it was pathetic that the Jazz went almost 11 years since they won a game there. Great win for sure, but now watch them lose a HOME game to a below .500 team. Knowing the Jazz they get a great road win, but then they shoot themselves in a foot by losing a home game.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Nov 20, 2009, 11:14 PM
BANNED

My Portland Trail Blazers are looking good at 9-4. Keep it up boys! Brandon Roy for MVP!!!

Old Posted Nov 20, 2009, 11:34 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Nov 21, 2009, 6:10 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bro View Post
My Portland Trail Blazers are looking good at 9-4. Keep it up boys! Brandon Roy for MVP!!!
I think I will be rooting for the Trail Blazers to win the Northwest, knowing that the Jazz can't do it. Besides I just don't want to see Denver win another one.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2009, 6:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
I think I will be rooting for the Trail Blazers to win the Northwest, knowing that the Jazz can't do it. Besides I just don't want to see Denver win another one.
Blazers are short Travis Outlaw and Nicolas batum. They are both gone for at lest another 2 months! ahh!!!

1. Blazers
2. Nuggets
3. Thunder
4. Jazz
5. Timberwolves

This is how I see the final NW Divison before playoffs.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2009, 8:59 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
I don't know Projects...

During the 2004 ALCS I was a doubting the Red Sox because I just knew the Yankees were going to eliminate them. But all of the sudden, the Sox came back when the series was 3-1 and beat the Yanks then went on to win the world series.

Since that, I've always had the attitude that "anything could happen," and that is why I remain optimistic about the Jazz. Nothing is set in stone until the season is over, and there are still 74 games left. Who knows, they could go on big win streak... the Rockets did like 30 games two seasons ago.

There is enough bad juju in my home

Old Posted Nov 21, 2009, 10:28 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroFanatic View Post
I don't know Projects...

During the 2004 ALCS I was a doubting the Red Sox because I just knew the Yankees were going to eliminate them. But all of the sudden, the Sox came back when the series was 3-1 and beat the Yanks then went on to win the world series.

Since that, I've always had the attitude that "anything could happen," and that is why I remain optimistic about the Jazz. Nothing is set in stone until the season is over, and there are still 74 games left. Who knows, they could go on big win streak... the Rockets did like 30 games two seasons ago.

There is enough bad juju in my home

That's good. The Jazz are playing a little bit better then the first few games of the season. ( I'll give them that. ) However I still think they are the same old team that at the end of the season will be the same outcome. But you're right, you never know.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2009, 10:32 PM
BANNED

this goes to show how bad the Jazz franchise is how how bad the players have been for a long time now. It took Real Salt Lake 4 years to get a championship and the Jazz (spazz, j!zz) have been around since the 70's and they still have no hardware!!! haha

GO BLAZERS!!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Nov 23, 2009, 10:44 PM

You know, I've suspected Greenbro to be a little bit full of bullsh**. Some of the things he says... well, we all know. But I've always granted him the benefit of doubt. However, with that comment, now it's confirmed for me.

And when was the Blazers last title? 70's? And they've been a bottom feeder for the better part of this decade.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bro View Post
Blazers are short Travis Outlaw and Nicolas batum. They are both gone for at lest another 2 months! ahh!!!

1. Blazers
2. Nuggets
3. Thunder
4. Jazz
5. Timberwolves

This is how I see the final NW Divison before playoffs.
You think the Jazz will finish behind the Thunder? Yeah right. And the Blazers aren't a shoe-in for the division title by any means. In fact, as long as we're making naive, definitive judgements based on the first ten games of the season, it looks like the Blazers have regressed some from last year. And now Outlaw goes down. That won't help.
But hey, Greenbro, if you're looking for some light reading, head over to nba.com and have yourself a read about how many think Oden was another
1st pick blunder. He can sit next to Oliwakandi and Kwame Brown on the bench of life.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 12:49 AM
BANNED

A championship is a championship. It does not matter when we got it. In fact, we probably got it during one the hardest eras in the NBA.

My question is, if Johnny "school boy" Stockton and Karl "Elbows" Malone were so good, why werent they able to get at least one ring. I dont care if MJ was playing, if they were so good, they should have found a way to get a championship.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 12:50 AM
BANNED

UTAH JAZZ: Where winning a championship will NEVER happen.

OFFICIAL SLOGAN OF THE UTAH JAZZ (spazz, j!zz)

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 12:59 AM
BANNED

Ever since 2007 the Jazz have been on the decline. THIS IS A FACT.

2007- out in the Western Con. Finals (this was lucky that they even got to this point) - SPURS
2008- out the 2nd round - LAKERS
2009- out the first round - LAKERS
2010- if history is in their side, they will not make playoffs this season.

Deron Williams is the next Allen Iverson. I love how people call him an all-star when he has never been on an all-star team. Nobody on the Jazz will be on it this year as well. Nash, Billups, Paul, and Parker are all better PGs than he is. There is no way he is making all-star team as long as those four guys are all in the Western Conference.

Ever since 2007, Portland has been on the rise. THIS IS A FACT.

They should give Carlos Loozer ProActiv and put him on those commercials. Is he black, white or a Mexican? I cant tell...

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 1:02 AM

A ton of great players, in all varieties of sports, never obtained championships. It's not easy - and takes an entire team. The Jazz just happened to have their best teams ever the years of the THEE best team ever , that is, Jordan and the Bulls. (72 wins) And then the lockout.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 1:08 AM

Green Bro - do you think Blazers will go out first round or second this year? They usually prefer first, but perhaps they'll wait until the second round before they choke.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 1:36 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
Green Bro - do you think Blazers will go out first round or second this year? They usually prefer first, but perhaps they'll wait until the second round before they choke.
Probably Westen Conference Finals. Last year they were the only team that DID NOT have a losing record to the Lakers. They went 2-2. We all know how the Jazz play against the Lakers, so I'll keep them out of this for your own good, Jazz fans.

Do you think the Jazz GM will ever get off his lazy a$$ and stop HIS team from declining? My guess, probably not.

The problem with all Jazz fans, the Jazz front office, the Jazz coach is that they are all still stuck in the Johnny S. and Karli Malone era and still living in the past. They Think that Deron Williams is the next savior or saver of the Jazz. Step outside of Utah and ask a knowledgeable person who knows basketball and ask them who the top 5 PGs are in the NBA, and Deron "A.I." Williams is not mentioned.

The BIGGEST problem with the Jazz organization is that they still stick to the roster that they had 5 years ago. They have trust, hope, and think that the Jazz will finally get their break and get a championship. It will never happen. Ever single off season, the Jazz stand around and do nothing while you have almost every single team making changes, trades, and (smart) extensions to improve their team. Hell, OKC, Sacramento and Minnesota are making changes to improve, and the Jazz, well they are not.

I still cannot believe the Jazz matched Portland's offer on Paul Millsap. It was called toxic for a reason. I dont see how a team (jazz) have the 2nd highest salary and yet the are a .500 team with no team leader and have no bright future, and have no intention to make serious changes.

Jazz fans and the organization think they can get rid of Boozer and get a BIG name player like maybe Richard Hamilton, Bosh or Amare. The problem with this is, NO NBA player wants to live or play in Utah. It's cold, not a lot of diversity, SLC is not a major or big city, they have no future, the Jazz team has no chemistry, you have to live with a lot of mormons, etc. This is a fact because all you Jazz fans saw what happened to Derick Fisher. He got out of Utah when he saw his oportunity, and I do not blame him at all.

Last edited by Green Bro; Nov 24, 2009 at 4:23 AM.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 5:30 AM
Closed account

Right, and if you play for the Blazers you'll just go to jail.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West