HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 22, 2011, 10:35 PM
Reason and Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post

in my opinoin if you are that close to going under anyway its quite likely either you dont know how to run your business or your business is fundamentally unsound...

If these truly were ventures worth caring about their bottom line would be large enough to handle the paltry distortion brought about by a change in the usage of two lanes...

Feel free to disagree but I think we have both made our points.
Well, I will just leave you with one last thing then:

The kind of small business that you describe (and deride)--i.e., the one that operates under a razor-thin margin and can be adversely affected by very small changes in government regulation--is the very archetype of the creative, hard-working small business. Most small businesses, when they are not operating at a loss during slow months, often generate just enough revenue to cover expenses and make payroll. Yet such small businesses are the primary source of employment and the very foundation of our economy.

Thus, there is no economic entity worth caring more about than these kinds of ventures.

Last edited by Prometheus; Jul 23, 2011 at 8:26 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure