HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 5:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Well, I reserved my season's ticket for the Wildcats at the new downtown events centre today. The process is being organized on the basis of seniority (season's ticket holder since 2005-06).

I managed to snag a season's ticket holder parking space as well, but it is in a secondary lot. They still only have about 400 spaces total reserved for season's ticket holders, and they won't last much longer. I imagine they will be all gone within the next couple of days.

I would assume that if you are a season's ticket holder for less than 10 years that there will be no assured parking for you.........

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 5:18 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

And (I forgot to mention) - the red (platinum level) club seats are virtually sold out. Platinum level allowed you access to the club lounge in addition to all other amenities. The gold level club seats still have a number of vacancies, but also seem to be selling quickly. I imagine the big hooker is the right of first refusal on all upcoming events at the events centre........

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
And (I forgot to mention) - the red (platinum level) club seats are virtually sold out. Platinum level allowed you access to the club lounge in addition to all other amenities. The gold level club seats still have a number of vacancies, but also seem to be selling quickly. I imagine the big hooker is the right of first refusal on all upcoming events at the events centre........
So wait, people who buy Wildcats season tickets basically get dibs on all future events as well? Seems to me that's a bit unfair, but I imagine it must be industry practice to guarantee ticket sales. Not that it matters anyways since Ticketmaster will ensure every event is sold out even thought half the seats will be empty and sitting on StubHub.

Can you tell I'm sour about this whole event centre business?

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 6:16 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
So wait, people who buy Wildcats season tickets basically get dibs on all future events as well? Seems to me that's a bit unfair, but I imagine it must be industry practice to guarantee ticket sales.
It's fairly common to have STHs of the main tenant in a building get priority/deals for other events in the building.

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 7:10 PM

Yup. usually what most STH will do is buy tickets of every events and sell the one they dont use a lil higher than marking prices, in order to recoup some of the cost of their membership.

For some people, who only attend 1-2 concerts a year, they wont mind paying a lil extra in order to get a good seat without the stress of fighting to get them. It's usually the same type of people who'll buy a dozen beers at 10$ cuz it's their "night out" lol

And speaking of scalping, tickets for Keith are starting at 280 US$ on Stubhub

And before we start accusing Ticketmaster of getting those tickets to resell them...there's also a couple of listing on Kijij (locals) with tickets starting at 200$.

The prices will drastically decrease in the coming weeks/months, as more shows will be announce, and those "wannabe" scalpers will realize that the Moncton market is not the same as Montreal or Toronto.

Old Posted May 5, 2018, 3:48 AM

I have $1000-$1250 burning a hole in my pocket and want to buy a season ticket for one of those padded seats in Club Platinum/Club Gold.

I'm on the Wildcats web site trying to find a place to buy. Nothing, natta, no option to buy any tickets.

When is the site open to the public to buy season tickets to new people? Would it hurt to add some sort of notation on the site when tickets go on sale? Or am I missing something here? I know they are giving past STH first dibs, but at least give us a date when its open season for the rest of us!

Old Posted May 5, 2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Well, I reserved my season's ticket for the Wildcats at the new downtown events centre today. The process is being organized on the basis of seniority (season's ticket holder since 2005-06).

I managed to snag a season's ticket holder parking space as well, but it is in a secondary lot. They still only have about 400 spaces total reserved for season's ticket holders, and they won't last much longer. I imagine they will be all gone within the next couple of days.

I would assume that if you are a season's ticket holder for less than 10 years that there will be no assured parking for you.........
My slot opens up on Wednesday morning, out of curiousity hows the availability looking in 115 & 117, im looking at 115 more likely, but just wanted to get an idea. Really great to hear the club tickets are selling so well.

Old Posted May 6, 2018, 12:42 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
My slot opens up on Wednesday morning, out of curiousity hows the availability looking in 115 & 117, im looking at 115 more likely, but just wanted to get an idea. Really great to hear the club tickets are selling so well.
115 is "Wildcats shoot twice." There was still good availability on Friday (depending on whether or not you wanted an aisle seat). Aisle seats are definitely more popular and as such, in 115 you would be looking at higher in the section (top 10 rows). Seats more centrally in section 115 are more available.

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 11:13 AM

First rock show announced

Chicago
September 15th

Probably the theater setup

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 11:33 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Tickets for Paw Patrol Live! are $145.00 a shot. That's pretty pricey for a kids show........

For one adult and a couple of kids (including service fees) that would be well north of $500.00

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 11:40 AM

Those are VIP tickets. Regulat tickets are not on sale yet, but if I remember it was between 20-50$

And looks like Chicago will be full setup. Tickets between 73-105$ (Plus fees)

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 12:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felip_ars View Post
Those are VIP tickets. Regulat tickets are not on sale yet, but if I remember it was between 20-50$
OK. I just saw the single price point on the website and assumed that was "general admission"

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 1:10 PM

Something caught my eyes when checking the Chicago event page

Venue Presale
Start: Thu 05/10/18 09:00 am ADT
End: Thu 05/10/18 09:00 pm ADT

I dont recall seeing any "Suscribe to our newsletter to get access to exclusive presales" from the SMG or Moncton.

But it could also be the Evenko presale (who are booking the shows)

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:

And looks like Chicago will be full setup. Tickets between 73-105$ (Plus fees)
It was mentioned at City Council tonight that Chicago will have an "intimate" setup, much like a theatre setup.

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkuta View Post
Not sure if it's been posted but:

Official site: http://www.smgmoncton.com/
If you notice on the SMG website (above) the address for the centre is 1100 Main Street. But at City Council tonight it was confirmed that the address will be 150 Canada. Doesn't make sense as the entrance is on Main Street, BUT alls fair I guess when you want to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday (even though a year late). They should have just continued the Highfield Street tag.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 2:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer99 View Post
It was mentioned at City Council tonight that Chicago will have an "intimate" setup, much like a theatre setup.
On the Ticketmaster website, they are showing a full setup. I guess we'll when they go on sale but if it was the theater setup, they would have shown the proper setup. Like the Paw Patrol listing which is having the theater setup.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
The reason (I'm told) that the Red (platinum level) club seats are virtually sold out is that the Company Boxes are sold out and there was a large waiting list for those boxes which required a $10,000 non-refundable deposit just to have a shot at the boxes. If you weren't lucky enough to get a box you didn't get your money back you had to use them on Red (platinum level) Club Seats which is why that section filled up so fast.

P.S. Some of those Red (platinum level) club seats could open up if the rumour of them renovating some of the press boxes to accommodate more Corporate Boxes is true, the half covered webcam gives life to the rumour.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 3:19 PM

Kinda surprised they totally missed the mark on demand for corporate boxes.... or maybe it was a space issue and the design could only support so many. I wonder how the design would change if they had known. Maybe put some on both sides or build higher.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Something caught my eyes when checking the Chicago event page

Venue Presale
Start: Thu 05/10/18 09:00 am ADT
End: Thu 05/10/18 09:00 pm ADT

I dont recall seeing any "Suscribe to our newsletter to get access to exclusive presales" from the SMG or Moncton.

But it could also be the Evenko presale (who are booking the shows)
I have access to a presale being an American Express Gold holder, so could be that.

On another note, I was doing my seat selection at the coliseum today and apparently the Private Box will be a lottery system. At this point there's approx. 110 on the waiting list, but they expect some will drop off once they receive more formal information on pricing.

The guy said some people asked about it thinking it would cost $1000 for the year

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 4:54 PM

Website is up for Brier 2020.

https://www.briermoncton2020.ca/

They will be up against Prince George (BC), Kingston (ON) and St. Catherines (ON). Coincidentally, the last two also have arenas managed by SMG.

Back in March, of the 4 cities, Moncton was/and still the only one who didn't want to unveil the numbers of tickets sold. Prince George was halfway of selling their 2020 tickets at 20.20$ each. Kingston was at 25% of the 2020 goal at 50$ each, and St. Catharines was at around 300 out of 1000 at 10$ each.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces