HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 6:08 PM

Harrisville Boulevard – Route 15

The highway 15 overpass will now be closed until mid to late October,

Old Posted Oct 2, 2018, 1:36 PM

Steele Auto has purchased Acura of Moncton

https://www.facebook.com/AcuraofMoncton

Old Posted Oct 2, 2018, 1:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
Steele Auto has purchased Acura of Moncton

https://www.facebook.com/AcuraofMoncton
I'm more interested in knowing when Steele Auto Group will start building their Jaguar/Porsche/Land Rover dealership next to Subaru on Aviation Avenue.

Just kidding, but they are building a cluster of dealerships out there on Aviation Avenue (Subaru and now Acura), and own the empty lot between their Subaru dealership and Malley Industries. They've also tested the market with their pop-up store at Champlain Place.

I think it's just a matter of time.........

Old Posted Oct 2, 2018, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I'm more interested in knowing when Steele Auto Group will start building their Jaguar/Porsche/Land Rover dealership next to Subaru on Aviation Avenue.

Just kidding, but they are building a cluster of dealerships out there on Aviation Avenue (Subaru and now Acura), and own the empty lot between their Subaru dealership and Malley Industries. They've also tested the market with their pop-up store at Champlain Place.

I think it's just a matter of time.........
Porsche is part of the VW Group (VW, Audi, Porsche, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini). Is there a more prestigious car company in the world, really? . Seriously, if it were to open in Moncton, I think it would be with the Lounsbury group and be located next to; VW & Audi. These 3 brands are very often located in proximity (essentially on the same lot, separate buildings) from what I've seen elsewhere in North America.
Jaguar and Land Rover are indeed often located together. Another brand that I would love to see in Moncton is Volvo cars, Volvo's latest models are absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited by OUIR@random; Oct 2, 2018 at 2:40 PM.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2018, 2:43 PM

In Halifax Porsche is next to the Land Rover/Jaguar/Volvo dealer and is owned by Steele.

There's no real connection in terms of dealerships between Porsche and VW/Audi these days.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2018, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
In Halifax Porsche is next to the Land Rover/Jaguar/Volvo dealer and is owned by Steele.

There's no real connection in terms of dealerships between Porsche and VW/Audi these days.
That's possible, but that's just what I've seen in some instances. Secondly, at some point, they (Dieppe Auto) had the Porsche flag, signage and franchise with VW and Audi at their old Champlain Street location, but that did not stay for long IIRC, perhaps they it was a secondary tier dealership, I'm not too sure. In any event, it's very unlikely that Porsche will be coming with a full dealership in our region.

Last edited by OUIR@random; Oct 2, 2018 at 4:51 PM.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2018, 4:46 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I have heard from an extremely reliable source that the Volvo dealer in Freddy has stated unequivocally that he will never open a location in either Moncton or SJ. He feels the NB market is too small, and he feels more comfortable serving the province through a single large facility in the capital where he can maintain a critical mass of valuable service people and sales professionals.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2018, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I have heard from an extremely reliable source that the Volvo dealer in Freddy has stated unequivocally that he will never open a location in either Moncton or SJ. He feels the NB market is too small, and he feels more comfortable serving the province through a single large facility in the capital where he can maintain a critical mass of valuable service people and sales professionals.
I also have a very reliable source, me, that I will never buy a vehicle that does not have a local presence.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2018, 7:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habskilla View Post
I also have a very reliable source, me, that I will never buy a vehicle that does not have a local presence.
I'm the same BTW. It's extremely important to me to have my dealer (and service centre) close by.

I understand where the Volvo dealer is coming from, and I appreciate the fact that they have a free pick up and drop off service, and will give you a loaner car, but still, a local presence is a must for me.........

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 11:34 PM
I Rise Again

Olivier St. in Dieppe will see a dramatic change in the near future I guess, from a source that lives on that street. Permits are supposed to be issued in the near future for the City of Dieppe of purchase most of the houses on that street for demolition. It seems that Olivier will be changed so that it is mostly a run through street that links Paul street to the corner of Acadie Avenue and Champlain street as a way of relieving congestion from the morning and suppertime rush hours. Announcement should be made in the near future. Some residents have already been notified. Overview of the streets in question here. https://www.google.com/maps/@46.0958.../data=!3m1!1e3

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 1:31 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Interesting.

I always thought this was the ultimate plan:

Extend Virginia south of Paul all the way through to Allain-Gillette, and, via the new roundabout they're building, eventually on the College.

I'm not really sure making Olivier a feeder street actually accomplishes much.......

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 1:46 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

I'm with you on this one, MonctonRad. I really can't imagine what could be done with Olivier that would improve congestion on Champlain between Acadie and Paul. The Acadie end of Olivier is often blocked by people lined up to continue on Acadie toward the marsh. The Paul end is too close to Champlain to add another set of lights.

The plan to pull cars going north on Acadie destined for Paul onto a new road as indicated in your map makes the most sense because that would remove a lot of the congestion there that's just passing through.

A simpler step would also be to add a proper turn lane from Champlain onto Paul where McDonalds is.

Any way you look at it though, Champlain Street is always going to be a bottleneck between the two downtowns. IMHO the best long term solution is better access to Rt 15 in Dieppe to get traffic destined for distant parts of Moncton like the industrial park off of the city streets. Move more traffic in Dieppe north-south on arterial roads to the highway rather than east-west into the bottleneck.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 2:09 PM

Right now traffic turning left from Paul St onto Champlain is always backed up blocking the entrances to McDonalds, Codiac Plaza and the mini mall across the street with Moore's and Norm's Pizza in it. It's particularly bad right now as the Harrisville exit is closed which is the only other real major route into east Dieppe.

There's one turn lane with another lane to go straight into Irving/Swiss Chalet, and one lane to turn right. I feel like they should make 2 left turn lanes and keep the right lane for straight/right turns. Seems like a simple solution for the short term until they end up building the Road in MonctonRad's plan.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 5:08 PM

Looking at that map, it's extremely hard to imagine how that street could be reconditionned to make it *work* for that purpose, I live in the area and trying to use in at any point around rush hour is a nightmare.

If they're buying all the houses to demolish em, is it possible they might close the street altogether and sell off larger parcels of land for bigger developments? Closing the street might actually be the best way to improve circulation, that way cars wouldn't be stopping around it to use it.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2018, 9:26 AM
I Rise Again

I'll try to get more info to clear it up. Maybe they plan on reconfiguring that entire corner? That is definitely the plan MonctonRad I think for the future. The problem with your map is though, is that isn't the main route that people are supposed to use to get around traffic. That seems pretty extreme go drive all the way around to stop at a stop sign, then try to get into a traffic circle and then move up to Champain to wait for all of the traffic to go by so you can pull out onto Champlain st., where if you would just have waited in line, there wouldn't have been much difference. So through my source (wife's friend)that lives on Olivier they said that the street is being reconfigured to hook up to the highway. The only highway that makes sense and that is nearby is 132 (Champlain) or 106 (Acadie/Amirault). I do have a few ideals as how they might configure the intersection but I'll save those for now and try to get more info within the next few days and see if I can provide more info.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonianSentinel01 View Post
I'll try to get more info to clear it up. Maybe they plan on reconfiguring that entire corner? That is definitely the plan MonctonRad I think for the future. The problem with your map is though, is that isn't the main route that people are supposed to use to get around traffic. That seems pretty extreme go drive all the way around to stop at a stop sign, then try to get into a traffic circle and then move up to Champain to wait for all of the traffic to go by so you can pull out onto Champlain st., where if you would just have waited in line, there wouldn't have been much difference. So through my source (wife's friend)that lives on Olivier they said that the street is being reconfigured to hook up to the highway. The only highway that makes sense and that is nearby is 132 (Champlain) or 106 (Acadie/Amirault). I do have a few ideals as how they might configure the intersection but I'll save those for now and try to get more info within the next few days and see if I can provide more info.
There may be more details coming on the 9th of October. I checked the Dieppe city hall website for the upcoming city hall meeting agenda for that date. It includes a request for rezoning on Oliver St by a company called: "Land Securities Ltd."

Old Posted Oct 6, 2018, 2:59 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPants View Post
There may be more details coming on the 9th of October. I checked the Dieppe city hall website for the upcoming city hall meeting agenda for that date. It includes a request for rezoning on Oliver St by a company called: "Land Securities Ltd."
Interesting. Perhaps there's something else afoot for Olivier Street.

Hmmmm. It's only one block over from Horizon Place, another large apartment building perhaps????

Old Posted Oct 6, 2018, 7:21 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Industrial Street exit off of Highway 11/15 is now open.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2018, 4:22 PM

Roundabout completion delayed by three weeks
Quote:
The completion of a $4.2-million road construction and roundabout project in Dieppe will be delayed by approximately three weeks, the city said on Monday.

Construction on the new roundabout at the west end of Gauvin Road began inMay, diverting traffic to Champlain Street throughout the summer.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 12:04 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

According to CBC, Southeast Raquet Sports wants to build a $12M facility in Dieppe by 2021, with a total of 21 indoor raquet sports courts (8 tennis, 8 badminton & 5 racquetball).

Although they want to build in Dieppe, they got some funding from Moncton for a feasibility study, and are sniffing around Riverview for financial support. The facility would require both private and public funding for construction.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...cton-1.4885361

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces