HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 3:57 AM

10/16/2017 - Park & 181 Fremont

Walked by Park Tower today. Lots of glass being installed. I'm not impressed by the glass skin. I think the building will be most interesting by it's form.

181 Fremont has a lot more yet to be done. From my view at home it looks almost complete.

Park Tower - 181 Fremont in the Background by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 5:05 PM
Build Baby Build

The siding on the East side of 181 has actually been going up really fast, its just that for the longest time they had an outside lift there. If you look at the webcam you will see that even one week ago the curtain wall was not visible. This will be done in a week or two. Block 5 Webcam. Also looking at the webcam I see a lot of trees being delivered today.

The skin is plain in most light, but it can do some pretty crazy things as well.
4:00PM

Last edited by fimiak; Oct 27, 2017 at 5:17 PM.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 5:50 PM

Great picture of both the Gang excavation and Park Tower! PT is also becoming quite noticeable from the Bay Bridge and from Market Street.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech View Post

Old Posted Nov 10, 2017, 1:44 AM
Build Baby Build

This has reached floor 25 with steel construction, and floor 30 in core. Remember, the last setback is in 3 floors at floor 28.

Fire proofing has begun on the steel portion of the site, up to floor 14. Glass is currently at 7. The core should top out in two to three months.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 7:59 AM

The holiday season has got me singing: "Do you see what I see?"

City Blue by mikeSF_, on Flickr

Old Posted Dec 10, 2017, 7:25 AM
heavy user of walkability

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 8:48 AM

a week later

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 7:44 AM

PT will help fill gaps from unexpected angles

San Francisco by Paulo Enes, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botoxic View Post
PT will help fill gaps from unexpected angles

San Francisco by Paulo Enes, on Flickr
^^^ Excited Marin will get a glimpse of Park Tower! I wonder how the Oceanwide Center will appear from the this viewpoint? Will it block 181 Freemont or Salesforce?

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 5:00 PM

The "Block 5" construction camera was repositioned on Saturday 1//6/18:

https://app.oxblue.com/open/clarkconstruction/block5

But the "Park Tower" construction camera has not updated since 12/25/17:

https://app.oxblue.com/open/clarkconstruction/parktower

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 9:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterchicken View Post
^^^ Excited Marin will get a glimpse of Park Tower! I wonder how the Oceanwide Center will appear from the this viewpoint? Will it block 181 Freemont or Salesforce?
I could be wrong but it looks to me like it won't block either of them from that angle. I think it'll be mostly in that gap between Salesforce and 555 California/partially behind 555.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech12 View Post
I could be wrong but it looks to me like it won't block either of them from that angle. I think it'll be mostly in that gap between Salesforce and 555 California/partially behind 555.
I thought the same. Then squinting a bit I can make out the top of 50 Fremont in the middle of that gap; Oceanwide will be directly across the street from 50 Fremont. Now I'm thinking Oceanwide, from that Marin viewpoint, will obscure most of the left-side of Salesforce.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 3:40 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterchicken View Post
I thought the same. Then squinting a bit I can make out the top of 50 Fremont in the middle of that gap; Oceanwide will be directly across the street from 50 Fremont. Now I'm thinking Oceanwide, from that Marin viewpoint, will obscure most of the left-side of Salesforce.
50 Fremont is on the corner of Fremont and Mission, not directly across the street form Oceanwide Center on First Street. You can also (I think) see the top of 525 Market, on the southwest corner of Market and First. Oceanwide Center’s taller tower will be directly behind it, so I think the right side of Salesforce will be obscured, versus the left side. All in all, you brought up a good point though!

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 7:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
50 Fremont is on the corner of Fremont and Mission, not directly across the street form Oceanwide Center on First Street. You can also (I think) see the top of 525 Market, on the southwest corner of Market and First. Oceanwide Center’s taller tower will be directly behind it, so I think the right side of Salesforce will be obscured, versus the left side. All in all, you brought up a good point though!
You've totally called my mis-assessment! After I posted my last comment I check'd myself with a map. [insert "doo" and forehead slap] 50 Fremont is across + one block east from Oceanwide. Marin will likely see from many vantage points just a left side sliver and top of Saleforce, when Oceanwide tops out.

*apologies in advance for starting a discussing of other buildings off topic of this respective building's thread...

Last edited by waterchicken; Jan 12, 2018 at 2:50 PM. Reason: correcting mis-spell

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 7:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
You've totally called my mis-assessment! After I posted my last comment I check'd myself with a map. [insert "doo" and forehead slap] 50 Fremont is across + one block east from Oceanwide. Marin will likely see from many vantage points just a left side sliver and top of Saleforce, when Oceanwide tops out.

*apologies in advance for starting a discussing of other buildings off topic of this respective building's thread...

Last edited by waterchicken; Jan 12, 2018 at 2:50 PM.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2018, 8:59 AM

Old Posted Jan 16, 2018, 3:32 AM

Park Tower View from the Embarcadero

On the way to Waterbar for lunch I got this interesting view of Park, Salesforce and 181 Fremont. I am disappointed with the picture from my first CAT smart phone. I need to do more outdoor photos to fine tune it.

View from the Embarcadero 1/15/2017 by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 16, 2018, 10:31 PM

I'm honestly very excited to see this project complete and to see how it changes our skyline.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 10:10 AM
Build Baby Build

The core is either at floor 42 or 43, nearing top out, and should be done by the end of January. The steel is at floor 39, with the last balcony floor being floor 40. I would imagine steel erection finishes by the end of February. Glass is at floor 17, and fire proofing at 27.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2018, 8:49 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive