HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:18 PM
Urbis Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4.audios View Post
Lol man has it ever become difficult to please Edmontonians.

The Edmoton Motors site from the far view doesn't look too good but in the closer images I am a lot more pleased. I think both buildings could work very well.

BMO site, a little too much going on that does not blend.
I agree re: Edmonton Motors.

I am not too sure about the BMO site redevelopment...its better than what I thought, but at the same time needs some work.

Old Posted Today, 4:12 AM
unstoppable

https://www.edmonton.ca/residential_...street-nw.aspx

Langham received the upzoning they seeked. That's a win for them and has made this parcel much more valuable. Now it's time for the EDC to lay down the hammer when reviewing the design of this project. I fear more ugly white Langham boxes will litter our skyline. Of all the towers they have created, these are the most important ones by far since they are significantly taller. I'm not as concerned about the podium because this is a lesser frequented part of 104 Street, but these tall towers will protrude above all else and become significant pieces of our skyline. The community should put pressure on Langham NOW while they are in the early stages of designing their floor plans based on this footprint. I'm not implying that the entire structure needs to be glazing. Some punched windows are okay if done properly. But I worry we'll see more bland architecture from them.

Langham has been a good sturdy developer in this city who has brought lots of life to downtown. I applaud that. But far too many times they have gotten away with value architecture in prominent locations. They easily have the highest margins among all of the downtown resi developers for this reason IMO. They've made a lot of money off of the people of Edmonton. I'm not saying it's "time to give back", because this is a business decision, but stepping up their game for the betterment of the appearance of the city would be nice. If they want to claim to be delivering "world class" product, let's hold them to that level. This design is nowhere near that level.

Now other than contacting them directly, how else can someone like myself influence the design of this project?

Old Posted Today, 2:22 PM

By not buying.. it's really the only way. Forget the design, if Falcons have baseboard heating and no gym/amenity floor like the Fox, not worth the purchase.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton