HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 18, 2012, 3:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavelle103 View Post
Yes, but the tone of his comment was that there are plans still to be revealed. That's what has me excited. And the Chipmans have always said the Alt hotel project was not a result of getting the NHL.
BTW, when is demolition going to start on the Wild Planet bldg? Think it was supposed to start in Nov.
Where can I watch this video? The Free Press only has the highlights.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2012, 7:14 PM

the entire video was on the site on Monday night, but yes, it appears to have been edited down.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2012, 7:29 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisallard5454 View Post
Where can I watch this video? The Free Press only has the highlights.

they have to remove the aspetos out of those buildings.... and most demolition companies do salvage befor they tare down.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 2:32 PM
ABOVE people like you

MTS Centre same as Titanic

WTF

I'm headed to town on business and I snag some tickets in the lower bowl, of course I call my sister who has tickets in the upper bowl and she says we can't connect up at intermission. No one from upper allowed to come to lower and vice versa. WHO IN THE HECK DESIGNED THIS PLACE, these places are normal constructed with being an experience and I can't even meet up with my sister!

I guess the experience I will get is like the titanic where as the lower section was locked off from the upper section.

This sucks.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 2:48 PM
the first stamp is free

^meh. Trade them in for some upper bowl tickets. I share season's up there, and it is a way better and more entertaining game experience in the upper bowl.

The fact the concourse is slightly less busy, and the seats seem roomier is an added bonus too.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 3:39 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Crane View Post
WTF

I'm headed to town on business and I snag some tickets in the lower bowl, of course I call my sister who has tickets in the upper bowl and she says we can't connect up at intermission. No one from upper allowed to come to lower and vice versa. WHO IN THE HECK DESIGNED THIS PLACE, these places are normal constructed with being an experience and I can't even meet up with my sister!

I guess the experience I will get is like the titanic where as the lower section was locked off from the upper section.

This sucks.

I have been to a number of NFL stadiums where the upper concourse has no access to the lower concourse and vise-verse. Seems fairly common.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 4:37 PM

Quote:
WTF

This sucks.
This feature is very common at both arenas and stadiums. Keeps concourses less congested, keeps would-be cheapskates from moving to closer seats (moot now with infinite sell outs), makes entering more organize, etc....

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 5:21 PM

Quote:
WTF

This sucks.
You can both leave your sections (scan out) and meet in the concourse.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2012, 5:30 AM
Celebrating 50 Years

Quote:
WTF

This sucks.
I agree completely. I was at a concert a few years ago when I discovered I couldn't go to Tim Hortons. Which infuriated me. It's not like I cared what level I was at when I purchased the tickets on the day of the concert, I just got what was left. I think it's completely insulting and disrespectful and just a poor business decision. Though Tim's has a place in the upper bowl now apparently. I despise the people who design buildings with this sort of segregationist philosophy.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2012, 8:11 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
I agree completely. I was at a concert a few years ago when I discovered I couldn't go to Tim Hortons. Which infuriated me. It's not like I cared what level I was at when I purchased the tickets on the day of the concert, I just got what was left. I think it's completely insulting and disrespectful and just a poor business decision. Though Tim's has a place in the upper bowl now apparently. I despise the people who design buildings with this sort of segregationist philosophy.

kinda hard when u have a tight space to fit a building in

Old Posted Jan 20, 2012, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavelle103 View Post
Yes, but the tone of his comment was that there are plans still to be revealed.
I know that's what you meant.

Quote:
That's what has me excited. And the Chipmans have always said the Alt hotel project was not a result of getting the NHL.
BTW, when is demolition going to start on the Wild Planet bldg? Think it was supposed to start in Nov.
NHL coming back was very important to that project going through. I don't ever recall the Chipmans saying it would have gone through either way, though you might be correct on that.

It will start this year.

Quote:
WTF

This sucks.

Its strange, but as other posters have mentioned, with large stadiums for example this is the norm. I 'm pretty sure the Bell Centre and RC (and Arena) are both similar.

If you want to meet her, you can always just scan out, and go meet in the concourse or the Jets Store. Or Moxies. Its kinda crappy but its not a huge deal. It would be nice to have some interaction with the upper bowl if desired though.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2012, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
If you want to meet her, you can always just scan out, and go meet in the concourse or the Jets Store. Or Moxies. Its kinda crappy but its not a huge deal. It would be nice to have some interaction with the upper bowl if desired though.
Not the Jets Store. Before and during games the main floor Jets Store becomes part of the lower bowl. The upper bowl has its own Jets Store.

But you can meet in the concourse.

If I recall correctly (believe it was mentioned here somewhere long before) it is due to fire regulations. If they open it up for people to go down and upstairs, then the lower bowl would have to be able to accommodate the theoretical maximum of 15,000 people, which it can't. Therefore only suite users can go into other sections (since there is no Tim's or Jets Store on the suite level).

Old Posted Jan 20, 2012, 7:44 PM

I was just at both the Bell Centre in Montreal and Scotia Bank Place in Ottawa.

In the bell centre you have access to all levels while in ottawa it is the same as the MTS centre.

The jets store on the main level is open to everyone for an hour after the game. So if you really want to go to the main store that opportunity is open.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 7:12 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
I like how there's a question mark haha...

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
Hopefully there will be an exhibit at CMHR on this...

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 8:10 PM

haha love the last comment!

Old Posted Jan 22, 2012, 3:03 AM
high expectations

damn winnipeg lost to the panthers in overtime

My Hoar Frost Photo Thread (Feb 2012).

Old Posted Jan 22, 2012, 6:40 AM
Celebrating 50 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by yopaul View Post
Hopefully there will be an exhibit at CMHR on this...
THERE BETTER BE

Old Posted Jan 22, 2012, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-MAN View Post
damn winnipeg lost to the panthers in overtime
but....got a point!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan