HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

3 Hudson Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 8, 2017, 10:54 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Time for 30 Hudon to pull out a 1 Vandy type spire, pushing it to 1400 ft. (I don't think that would look right though). I still expect SHoP's design for the $3 Billion 360 10th Ave will be taller than any of them, but that's some time off.

Maybe this will push Barnett into the spire game.
I'm all for skyscraper wars. Barnett really should do what is ethically right, and make a spire on CPT to the point where its the city's tallest period. Who likes being in 2nd place anyways?

I'm sure with the current design, on CPT, it could be pulled off and look really nice. But that would be too good to be true. To see new permits filed indicating such height.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2017, 11:32 PM
New Yorker for life

It's like another, slightly larger version of BofA - still more bulky than I would like for a spired tower. It needs more taper.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 1:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Not sure if the 300 ft is above the parapet height, but it would make the tower at least 1,300 ft or more.

Another 18 months?
They have already been working on foundation for 18 months.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 2:02 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILNY View Post
Another 18 months?
I wonder if they are slowing down foundation work as maybe they are not so confident in landing a tenant or whoever they are negotiating with, might not be certain at the time. Essentially prolonging it.

Granted its leverage in having the foundation complete, reduces time for completion and delivery to "X" tenant. They were confident at one point, but things can always change. Just speculation on my part. 18 months for a foundation sounds sketchy at best.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 12:49 PM

Ugh at the 300 ft spire.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 3:35 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Another 18 months?
Maybe there was only partial work on the foundation (we have seen little of it).

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 2:00 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I think it's safe to say a early 2022 completion. Maybe this will be the focal point of Phase II as it should start to see steel if not sooner around 2020-22.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 3:39 PM

Spires

Having a spire would totally damage the skyline. NYC is becoming the city of toothpicks. I wish they would cut it out. If they want to put lights on top of buildings, maybe consider putting crowns instead, like the Salesforce Tower in San Francisco.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerUSA View Post
Having a spire would totally damage the skyline. NYC is becoming the city of toothpicks. I wish they would cut it out. If they want to put lights on top of buildings, maybe consider putting crowns instead, like the Salesforce Tower in San Francisco.
I agree, they should really remove the spires from Conde Nest and NY Times as I think both don't really do much for the NY skyline.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 4:48 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCReid View Post
I agree, they should really remove the spires from Conde Nest and NY Times as I think both don't really do much for the NY skyline.
The Conde Nast has an antenna that's in active use. It isn't a spire. The NY Times tower doesn't really need a spire. The BofA spire is a great addition that is visible from the streets as well as the skyline. We'll have to get a detailed view of what a planned spire on this tower would look like (other than the crappy rendering). But I would rather have the design altered to accommodate a spire rather than just tacking one on top.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2017, 9:15 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerUSA View Post
Honestly, better a city of toothpicks than a city of massive bulky oppressive boxes like 50 HY. But since your probably talking about spires alone, I would say I have to agree. Spires stuck on to buildings that don't need them just to gain some height and prestige is stupid as heck.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 1:21 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Honestly, better a city of toothpicks than a city of massive bulky oppressive boxes like 50 HY. But since your probably talking about spires alone, I would say I have to agree. Spires stuck on to buildings that don't need them just to gain some height and prestige is stupid as heck.

Agreed that this tower doesn't need a spire (again, unless it is redesigned to better fit). But the skyline overall is not dominated by spires. It's a skyline of massive, flat topped boxes, despite the handful of slender supertalls that will go up. All you have to do is look at what's planned in Hudson Yards alone, a wall of mostly flat topped buildings. Walk up (or down) 6th Avenue, and you'll see that the spire of the BofA was a welcome respite. This city should always be crowned in spires. Add a 200-300 ft antenna to 432 Park avenue, and it becomes something else on the skyline. Remove the spire or antenna from the ESB, and it too becomes something else.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 2:35 AM
New Yorker for life

AUGUST 22, 2017

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 10:42 PM

^^^ Fence is up and drill is on site... so its finally starting.

The new building in the background has some issues with cladding, I was told by one of the workers.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 12:58 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
^^^ Fence is up and drill is on site... so its finally starting.

In full.

As I walked by the site a couple of days ago, I looked at the 3 major towers (50 Hudson, the Spiral, and 3 Hudson) as being in a race of sorts to get up into the sky. Now that it seems the Spiral has a major tenant to really get things out of the ground, that just leaves 3 Hudson without a tenant. But the buildings on the west side (Related's and Brookfield's) are rapidly filling up. It's just a matter of time before spillover has to land here.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 11:26 PM
BANNED

What's the status of that white warehouse building next to the new highrise? Will it be coming down or staying? I hope it stays, it's a decent building.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2017, 12:57 AM

Not going anywhere. That's a very large, profitable, and relatively recently renovated office building.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2017, 1:00 AM
New Yorker for life

I believe there's a rooftop bar there, but I may be confusing it with something else.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2017, 2:38 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

also its a quite beautiful building. they did great work renovating it. it always catches my admiration even with all the activity around there.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2017, 7:43 PM
Show me the blueprints

Not sure why they decided to not build up to the older building, but inside it is floating on the lot... seems like wasted space and poor arch. programming.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction