HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 6:56 PM

^As a resident in Ultra next door (same developer) - I can attest to good quality. My unit is spacious, great layout, and feels high quality. I've been in one Park Avenue unit and it felt lower quality, worse layout, smaller. I also visited the Evolve showroom when open - the units seemed quite spacious, good layouts, and similar quality to Ultra.

WestStone Group seems to be a quality developer - you can already notice the difference from the exterior of Evolve. Plus, the Dikeakos Architects design is a cut above the standard condo tower.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
^As a resident in Ultra next door (same developer) - I can attest to good quality. My unit is spacious, great layout, and feels high quality. I've been in one Park Avenue unit and it felt lower quality, worse layout, smaller. I also visited the Evolve showroom when open - the units seemed quite spacious, good layouts, and similar quality to Ultra.

WestStone Group seems to be a quality developer - you can already notice the difference from the exterior of Evolve. Plus, the Dikeakos Architects design is a cut above the standard condo tower.
Not disagreeing with you but after it’s completion back seven years ago approx, there was general consensus that Ultra was too high quality and way over priced for the area. According to hearsay at least, West Stone over reacted and planned and built Evolve as a much more modest and economically priced building, as an amends to past errors. I’m not saying this is fact, but given that Ultra took a long time to sell all its units initially, there may well be truth to the story. Nonetheless, as I stated Evolve is turning to be a very pleasant surprise, my only regret being that it’s bold design should have been showcased in a more prominent location like KGH and 100th Ave.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 12:19 AM

As nice as Ultra may be, I don't understand the idea of making bedrooms without closets. But, that's an interesting reason to make a "cheap" place

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EhJay View Post
As nice as Ultra may be, I don't understand the idea of making bedrooms without closets. But, that's an interesting reason to make a "cheap" place
In yee olden days built-in closets weren't a thing and a free standing wardrobe was a standard piece of furniture. Today closets are pretty common but you can still buy a wardrobe.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 12:57 AM

Nice pics Shift. Any idea on what type of tenants will occupy the podium?

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
In yee olden days built-in closets weren't a thing and a free standing wardrobe was a standard piece of furniture. Today closets are pretty common but you can still buy a wardrobe.
There are times when I wish I didn't have a built-in closet, so I could easily install a PAX wardrobe system from IKEA (I'm not sure if that's sad or not).

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/ca...bedroom/19086/

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EhJay View Post
Bedrooms without closets?

My unit has 2 closets in the bedroom. Quite spacious for a condo bedroom too.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 2:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
There are times when I wish I didn't have a built-in closet, so I could easily install a PAX wardrobe system from IKEA (I'm not sure if that's sad or not).

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/ca...bedroom/19086/
YES! For some reason I've been dreaming of one of Ikea's closet systems for years...

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 6:55 PM

Word from coordinator:

Developer aiming for completion by end of 2018; HOWEVER, she is expecting delay until early to mid 2019. Amendment to be sent this Spring

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatpot View Post
Word from coordinator:

Developer aiming for completion by end of 2018; HOWEVER, she is expecting delay until early to mid 2019. Amendment to be sent this Spring
oh man, I knew it. these guys should compensate us.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2018, 8:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpapis4 View Post
oh man, I knew it. these guys should compensate us.
Lol I don't think any developer in the history of developments anywhere has ever compensated people who pre-bought due to delays. Good luck with that.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 5:38 AM

I don't really care how long they take anymore. Just hope they do a quality job! lol

Old Posted Mar 3, 2018, 1:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatpot View Post
I don't really care how long they take anymore. Just hope they do a quality job! lol
I'm on the 38th floor in Ultra and face west. I can attest that they are doing a good job on Evolve. Definitely a quality tower. It has a large floor plate - almost 2x thicker than Prime. The workers appear to work pretty late some weeknights as well, and noticed this morning a team working on the floor at 6:30 am this morning, before the 7 am official time as per city bylaw. The weather isn't really cooperating as they stalled on the 31st floor due to below freezing temperatures and concrete needs above freezing when pouring. Then today it poured rain while they poured concrete for the 32 floor support. But all told they are pushing forward.

For reference (my pic from early Feb)

Old Posted Mar 3, 2018, 3:58 AM

Million dollar views

Old Posted Mar 3, 2018, 5:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus View Post
I'm on the 38th floor in Ultra and face west. I can attest that they are doing a good job on Evolve. Definitely a quality tower. It has a large floor plate - almost 2x thicker than Prime. The workers appear to work pretty late some weeknights as well, and noticed this morning a team working on the floor at 6:30 am this morning, before the 7 am official time as per city bylaw. The weather isn't really cooperating as they stalled on the 31st floor due to below freezing temperatures and concrete needs above freezing when pouring. Then today it poured rain while they poured concrete for the 32 floor support. But all told they are pushing forward.

For reference (my pic from early Feb)

Great pic! Thank you kindly for the update

Old Posted Mar 18, 2018, 4:10 AM

Old Posted Mar 18, 2018, 9:32 AM

Thanks.

I see a tabletop.
The GEC Education building should help fix that.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2018, 6:05 PM

Great pic, Klazu. In addition to what officedweller said, the Central City buildings are very blocky, including the proposed GEC Education building and Phase 5 of Urban Village. A tower with a nice pinnacle or rooftop spire would help break up the skyline.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2018, 3:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus View Post
Great pic, Klazu. In addition to what officedweller said, the Central City buildings are very blocky, including the proposed GEC Education building and Phase 5 of Urban Village. A tower with a nice pinnacle or rooftop spire would help break up the skyline.
Hopefully Surrey Central 2 helps accomplish this and I'm not talking bout the current design.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2018, 3:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Thanks.

I see a tabletop.
The GEC Education building should help fix that.
Yep. It will fill in that gap between 3CP and Prime perfectly. Crazy that it will be almost 30 meters taller than 3CP.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley