HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:22 PM

^
^
My reasoning is that St George has nothing to do with the Wasatch Front or Salt Lake City other than being in the same state. It should be treated as a separate city all together.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:28 PM
They all float down here

The discussion on what sub-groups to have for Salt Lake/Wasatch Front/Utah Development is the most exciting thing to happen in this group for months!

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
1) Salt Lake City
2) Salt Lake County MSA
2) Utah County
3) North Utah (north and west of Salt Lake county)
4) South Utah (south of Utah county)
5) Utah Transpertation
Dang how much do you want to talk about? I don't even think provo or ogden will ever build anything worth noting. let alone 'south utah' and 'north' utah. If its not in Salt Lake why is there even much of a thread, we are skyscraper and urban enthusiasts, not suburban enthusiasts, we should be noting the developments that really impact urban fabrics of this city and not some apartment building getting build an hour away. Salt lake and the transit threads should be the two big ones (airport also if you don't want to combine it with transportation) the wasatch front or utah thread should cover the rest, we shouldn't focus on making every small area in the state have its own thread simply because they build a 3 story office building or a 4 story apartment building. Did it help the urban fabric of the city? NO! so no need to go on about all the specs, maybe just mention the project in a statewide thread and discuss and we can all move on to some other no name project.

I say we make only Salt lake thread, Transit thread, Airport thread, Utah state thread, and heck lets throw in a homeless thread so all our great conversations that keep this thread alive can go in! And while we are at it lets start a I hate Denver thread since most of us on here are so petty and shallow! and then lets start one more about stucco! Actually if we make threads for those last three then we will have eliminated absolutely everything we talk about on this forum page... pathetic...

But I agree, lets combine threads.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:42 PM

Are there seriously people on here complaining about combining threads? You guys really will complain about anything... Glad you guys live in Salt Lake and not my home town! Ha! Jk!

But yes I think combining threads will help you guys stay on focus, you guys have shown many times you can't handle having too many threads. Most you guys get WAY off topic! That being said I have enjoyed jumping into some of your weirdest topics! They keep things fresh

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twig View Post
Dang how much do you want to talk about? I don't even think provo or ogden will ever build anything worth noting. let alone 'south utah' and 'north' utah. If its not in Salt Lake why is there even much of a thread, we are skyscraper and urban enthusiasts, not suburban enthusiasts, we should be noting the developments that really impact urban fabrics of this city and not some apartment building getting build an hour away. Salt lake and the transit threads should be the two big ones (airport also if you don't want to combine it with transportation) the wasatch front or utah thread should cover the rest, we shouldn't focus on making every small area in the state have its own thread simply because they build a 3 story office building or a 4 story apartment building. Did it help the urban fabric of the city? NO! so no need to go on about all the specs, maybe just mention the project in a statewide thread and discuss and we can all move on to some other no name project.

I say we make only Salt lake thread, Transit thread, Airport thread, Utah state thread, and heck lets throw in a homeless thread so all our great conversations that keep this thread alive can go in! And while we are at it lets start a I hate Denver thread since most of us on here are so petty and shallow! and then lets start one more about stucco! Actually if we make threads for those last three then we will have eliminated absolutely everything we talk about on this forum page... pathetic...

But I agree, lets combine threads.
I don't think this is a good attitude to take. If people want to talk about a suburban apartment complex, or things happening in Ogden or Provo or St. George, who are we to say they can't? I also think it's patronizing to suggest that nothing of importance or relevance can be built outside of an urban core. Yes, the majority of us here are urbanists (maybe 1 or 2 exceptions) and it's a skyscraper/urban-oriented forum. But that's no reason to exclude people who may want to talk about projects outside of the city that, believe it or not, some people may actually find relevant.

And for what it's worth, a mixed-use 4-5 story apartment complex in downtown Ogden or St. George or Provo can definitely add to the urban fabric of that city.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:55 PM

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:02 PM

Excellent news.

I can't wait to see these projects start going up! It's a great use of that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asies1981 View Post
This IS a tremendous opportunity. I'm ok with it taking longer to develop if it's done right. The Granary District is becoming a very interesting neighborhood.

One thing I would love to see an emphasis on - more breweries! This area of town has the potential to be the brewery center of the Intermountain West.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
I don't think this is a good attitude to take. If people want to talk about a suburban apartment complex, or things happening in Ogden or Provo or St. George, who are we to say they can't? I also think it's patronizing to suggest that nothing of importance or relevance can be built outside of an urban core. Yes, the majority of us here are urbanists (maybe 1 or 2 exceptions) and it's a skyscraper/urban-oriented forum. But that's no reason to exclude people who may want to talk about projects outside of the city that, believe it or not, some people may actually find relevant.

And for what it's worth, a mixed-use 4-5 story apartment complex in downtown Ogden or St. George or Provo can definitely add to the urban fabric of that city.
but people don't really have much to say about ogden, Provo, St George. We know this because we have those threads and they don't get posts all that often. Combining them into a statewide thread would help, imo.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West