HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jul 15, 2019, 7:04 PM

That's where all the rumors said it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utaaah! View Post

Old Posted Jul 18, 2019, 5:13 PM
Transit Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
That's where all the rumors said it would be.
Sigh. Another movie megaplex monument of shitty stucco bright ass architecture conspicuously built along the main corridor to remind everyone who owns this effing state. I guess that's what happens when you have unlimited resources to keep building even when demand for your product is diminishing. Must keep the drones left anxiously engaged thinking the work is rolling forth. I'll also bet there is a shitty suburban real estate development attached to this as that is the recent MO.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2019, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brankrom View Post
Sigh. Another movie megaplex monument of shitty stucco bright ass architecture conspicuously built along the main corridor to remind everyone who owns this effing state. I guess that's what happens when you have unlimited resources to keep building even when demand for your product is diminishing. Must keep the drones left anxiously engaged thinking the work is rolling forth. I'll also bet there is a shitty suburban real estate development attached to this as that is the recent MO.
There isn't very much open land left in that area, but I get what you're saying.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2019, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brankrom View Post
Keep your anti-mormon attitude off of this forum! And, keep your super negative tone off of this as well.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2019, 11:01 PM

Peery's Egyptian Theater gets new sign, first step in large-scale renovation there

OGDEN — A milestone has been reached in a large-scale renovation of one of Ogden’s most historic and recognizable buildings, but officials say there’s still plenty of work yet to be finished.
Earlier this week, crews installed a new exterior entrance marquee at Peery’s Egyptian Theater, 2415 Washington Blvd. The 24-foot vertical blade sign matches the sign that was on the building in the late 1920s and early 1930s.
The sign is part of an ambitious plan being executed by the Egyptian Theatre Foundation — a complete modernization of the 95-year-old community theater.

For some reason, the picture and link to the article aren't posting/working? Anybody else experiencing this? Anyways, you can google it. It's at standard.net/new/business

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 8:15 PM

Old Posted Jul 31, 2019, 9:05 PM
Transit Advocate

That's fantastic I love all the neon in Ogden. Best historic downtown district, affordable, and a great sense of community. I hope this blade sign is turned on for the first Friday Art Walk. Going to be in Otown this Friday.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 2:43 AM

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 6:29 PM
Expatriate

New hotel/condo building for Powder Mountain

The Ogden Valley Planning Commission recently approved a 5-story property at Summit Powder Mountain Resort to include a 47-room Selina branded hotel and 52 condominium units. No renderings were included in the news article or the board meeting packet.

Quote:
In other action Tuesday, the planning commission approved the design review application for the proposed Powder Mountain hotel, to be developed by Greenline Capital as part of the Selina chain of hotels, hostels and co-working spaces. The five-story structure, sitting on about a half-acre of land, would house 47 hotel rooms and 52 condominium units and feature a “Scandinavian look,” according to Rory Murphy, presenting the proposal to the commission on Tuesday on behalf of Greenline and Powder Mountain.

He described it as a “destination hotel” that would be a “significant tax generator” for Weber County. The facility would create 51 jobs.

“Perhaps most importantly, it provides vitality and vibrancy to the entire resort area and really begins to anchor a village core that should be a significant economic development area for Weber County for years to come,” reads the application for the hotel. Boosters envision the hotel, the application continues, as “a source of community energy and a gathering space that helps to propel the Village and the mountain in general forward in a positive and fiscally responsible manner.”
Powder Mountain heliport plans tabled, but 47-room hotel proposal moves ahead
-Ogden Standard Examiner

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 7:13 PM

Thanks for the info. The documents showing the building are not very clear, though. I wonder if we can get a rendering of it somewhere.

Here are some other buildings designed for Powder Mountain.

https://www.skylabarchitecture.com/work/summit-village/

Old Posted Sep 8, 2019, 7:07 PM

would the hotel be up top or down near the rest of the summit building in eden?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West