HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 31, 2015, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
I found some new renderings of 555 Golden Gate by Stanley Saitowitz:

Maybe he's trying to meet the affordable housing requirement by providing sheltered spots for homeless camps.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2015, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
For the first time I can now see the construction above ground from my apartment. It has been a very long time building the foundation.

Trinity Place III (reduced size)
The building of perpetual, unseen construction.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2015, 1:14 AM
Build Baby Build

Today. It's going to change the mood of the street that's for sure!

Old Posted Aug 4, 2015, 6:26 AM

Certainly not "new construction" but I walked by the old Grant Building at Market and Seventh yesterday and it looks like this project may FINALLY be getting underway:

http://sf.curbed.com/archives/2010/0...ooftop_bar.php

Didn't get a pic but lots of scaffolding up on the 7th street side of the building.

Can't wait to see this historic building refurbished, yet another huge piece of the amazing Mid-Market renaissance.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2015, 3:37 PM
She needs her space

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushMan View Post
Certainly not "new construction" but I walked by the old Grant Building at Market and Seventh yesterday and it looks like this project may FINALLY be getting underway:

http://sf.curbed.com/archives/2010/0...ooftop_bar.php

Didn't get a pic but lots of scaffolding up on the 7th street side of the building.

Can't wait to see this historic building refurbished, yet another huge piece of the amazing Mid-Market renaissance.

I gotcha, this past weekend.

Photo Aug 01, 4 53 49 PM

Photo Aug 01, 4 54 26 PM

Photo Aug 01, 4 57 34 PM

Build, Inc also doing work on Renoir Hotel:

Photo Aug 01, 4 57 41 PM (1)

http://sf.curbed.com/archives/2014/0...evelopment.php

http://sf.curbed.com/archives/2013/0...ique_route.php

This is the project that caught fire last year.

More from Mid-Market:

1400 and 1415 Mission - The Architectonica market rate condos look short and squat and eww. The affordable housing looks ok, but no retail below.

Photo Aug 01, 4 45 53 PM

Photo Aug 01, 4 46 28 PM

The Panoramic micro-units building looks ok:

Photo Aug 01, 4 48 04 PM

Photo Aug 01, 4 48 11 PM

Infinity 3 duplicate post:

Photo Aug 01, 4 50 22 PM

Contrasts:

Photo Aug 01, 4 55 25 PM

ACT/Strand lookin fab:

Photo Aug 01, 4 55 58 PM

Photo Aug 01, 4 56 12 PM

Monster's not so bad when you isolate its beauty:

Photo Aug 01, 4 56 32 PM

Scaffolding coming down from Hibernia Bank, but does anyone know what it will be?

Photo Aug 01, 4 58 35 PM (1)

More renovations:

Photo Aug 01, 5 00 55 PM

Photo Aug 01, 5 00 58 PM

More shopping!

Photo Aug 01, 5 05 36 PM

Photo Aug 01, 5 05 50 PM

Views from the Mint:

Photo Aug 01, 5 06 01 PM

Preview of pics to come:

Photo Aug 01, 5 17 02 PM

85 Bluxome Office
http://sf.curbed.com/tags/81-85-bluxome

Photo Aug 01, 5 20 01 PM

Dropbox's 2 new buildings:

Photo Aug 01, 6 03 06 PM

Photo Aug 01, 6 04 16 PM

Photo Aug 01, 6 04 54 PM

Photo Aug 01, 6 05 11 PM

Photo Aug 01, 6 05 53 PM

They look really good.

Splunk's new building a block down:
http://sf.curbed.com/archives/2014/0...dy_full_up.php

Photo Aug 01, 6 07 24 PM

Photo Aug 01, 6 08 04 PM

372 Townsend condos addition looks REALLY good!:

Photo Aug 01, 6 08 38 PM (1)

Photo Aug 01, 6 09 07 PM (1)

Photo Aug 01, 6 09 34 PM

Last edited by simms3_redux; Aug 5, 2015 at 9:12 AM.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2015, 7:01 PM

simms3 redux - thanks for the massive updates! A lot of territory covered by you!

I was by 1321 Mission yesterday and was impressed by the trees and plants on the curb - very attractive.

I wonder when the city will do something about the drug dealers that hang out on the corner of 9th & Mission streets across the street from the new apartments? Maybe the new development will have an effect.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2015, 5:08 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
simms3 redux - thanks for the massive updates! A lot of territory covered by you! < ditto simms!

I was by 1321 Mission yesterday and was impressed by the trees and plants on the curb - very attractive. I wonder when the city will do something about the drug dealers that hang out on the corner of 9th & Mission streets across the street from the new apartments? Maybe the new development will have an effect.
I walked around there today, not taking too many shots. The side of AVA looks the best of all to me--it's mostly a beautiful building (except for the "train wreck" of pianos, as you called it Jerry). I'm still totally turned off by the filth on Mission though, directly through from AVA, and actually from Eighth all the way to South Van Ness. It grossly disgusting with a continuous smell of urine and even human feces. There's no excuse for it!

Back to architecture...

I think 1321 Mission, the Panoramic, is disappointing, particularly when viewed from the west. We have a string of crappy boxes to go along with the above mentioned on the street. Add Trinity II to that list since it's much worse than Trinity I.

Simms, I agree with you regarding 1415 Mission. I should have captured the lower front of 1400 Mission though, which has much more quality than I expected. All in all, I would never want to live south of Market in this area until it has been much improved. The developments around Van Ness/Market/Mission will help.

[IMG]Mediocrity on Mission by Jim Bolinger, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Aug 5, 2015, 7:37 AM
She needs her space

Multiple towers.

Photo Aug 01, 6 13 09 PM

Photo Aug 01, 6 16 06 PM

One Rincon Hill is legit tall.

Photo Aug 01, 6 18 57 PM

Old Posted Aug 5, 2015, 7:47 AM
She needs her space

San Francisco is on the verge of its last definite construction phase of this cycle (I call it Phase 3), and it's bound to be quite tall.

Phase 1: NEMA, ORH North, Marlowe, 38 Dolores, Linea, Venn, 535 Mission, 680 Folsom, etc

Phase 2: 45 Lansing/Jasper, 399 Fremont, Lumina, 100 Van Ness, 222 Second, 350 Mission, TB Block 6/Solaire, Azure, Sol, SFMOMA, etc etc

tweener: 181 Fremont, Salesforce Tower, Transbay Terminal

Phase 3: TB Block 8, TB Block 9, 706 Mission, TB Block 5

It sounds like Park Tower at Transbay (605 ft, office...AKA Transbay Block 5) is a go for an October/November start with financing in place.

It sounds like Transbay Block 8 is a go (575 ft, residential) as the sponsor just asked for a sooner sale/transfer of land and it sounds like they are in LOI for financing.

It sounds like 706 Mission/Mexican Museum is a go...they have financing lined up and are itching to start asap. (510 ft, residential)

It sounds like Transbay Block 8 is at an even more advanced stage than its neighbor at Block 9.

All have solid sponsors, and at least half have financing, if not all 4. Just about all boxes checked for 3Q/4Q starts.

Pretty solid.

Then I think we have a slowdown. Then I think we're ready to see 50 Fremont, Jean Gang's tower, and 75 Howard start immediately as next cycle shows signs of getting going. Pretty strong. And I haven't even included any of the Mid-Market towers, at least 1-2 are sure to be on the verge of starting. Plus all the infill, obviously, as well as large projects like the CPMC, Central Subway, etc etc.

This city is transforming into the big leagues as we speak.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2015, 6:27 PM

Really good assessment simms, I think you're spot on.

However, I think a few more could be added to Phase 3.

41 Tehama - on Google Street View (Feb 2015) it seems like this has broken ground - they received all building permits (can anyone confirm?). Also, Hines received approval last week for 525 Harrison, so they could move on that too.

160 Folsom (Jeanne Gang) could be added dependent on outcome over height. Tishman has proven themselves to be pretty aggressive and might just go with 300' as zoned.

Don't forget 50 1st. Oceanwide is offering a significant mix of uses (residential, hotel, office) in a market that desperately needs two of the three and the third is constrained by Prop. M.

Finally, an interesting element in the TB Parcel F documents is that the agreement as part of the auction requires a 2018 construction commencement.

And then there's the Exchange on 16th, UCSF East Campus, Warriors Arena and office developments, Uber HQ, Block 1, and Giants Seawall Lot 337 (which I expect to be approved) and 5M (which is kind of in its own submarket).

Exciting times.

Last edited by slock; Aug 5, 2015 at 6:42 PM.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2015, 4:40 AM

Quote:
41 Tehama - on Google Street View (Feb 2015) it seems like this has broken ground - they received all building permits (can anyone confirm?). Also, Hines received approval last week for 525 Harrison, so they could move on that too.
Confirmed
http://www.hines.com/press/releases/882015.aspx

Old Posted Aug 6, 2015, 8:09 AM
She needs her space

Make that 5 towers a go.

I still think we'll see at least 1 more Mid-Market tower (likely the 17 story city office tower and possibly Related CA's residential component zoned for up to 400 ft).

SF is "no turning back" into a much larger skyline/city.

I wonder how the spread of demographics will change. For instance, Manhattan has two very gay zones with different flavors; will the same dynamic happen in SF with all of these new towers? i.e. NEMA/100 Van Ness multiplied by a few in the more Eastern/FiDi part of the city?

Also, Caltrain really needs to figure out its electrification/TTC connection fast or a lot of this becomes pointless. SOMA is itching and on track to become Silicon Valley north but desperately needs that more seamless transit connection.

Also, with Park Merced now restarting, now is the time to properly plan for MUNI improvements and a potential new BART line running from Daly City north through the Sunset (and possibly Richmond) and over into the city. That would be a very very useful line, definite bang for buck.

City really needs to start thinking about these and making sure these transit improvements start happening. Talked about this today - SF is too difficult to get around for its density and the new city policy to make driving/owning a car more of a hassle, and it's doing relatively nothing to simultaneously improve transit while getting rid of car-centric infrastructure.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2015, 11:00 AM

350 Eighth Street Apartments - 8th & Harrison

Old Posted Aug 6, 2015, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post
Also, Caltrain really needs to figure out its electrification/TTC connection fast or a lot of this becomes pointless. SOMA is itching and on track to become Silicon Valley north but desperately needs that more seamless transit connection.
Caltrain electrification is funded and currently released for bid. Proposals are due at the end of the month for an anticipated completion date of 2020. The TTC connection, as we well know, is an entirely different story.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2015, 6:38 PM

The other project that's a question mark with regards to timing is 325 Fremont. It's fully entitled and was sold to Fulton Street Ventures in March 2015. The article announcing the sale quoted the broker as stating they were going to take a year for final design work and permits, which would be March 2016 groundbreaking. However, they have yet to pull any building permits for the site.

It would finish the vision of Rincon Hill, and I personally like that it's all metal.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...iness+Times%29

http://www.handelarchitects.com/proj...mont-main.html

Old Posted Aug 7, 2015, 5:05 AM

Re: Van Ness and Market area. I have heard that One Van Ness is close to getting through planning, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the next one in the area to break ground. I would also suspect that at least 3 or 4 more of the bigger projects in the area will break ground in 2017-2018.

* correction, I believe its now called 1 Oak.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2015, 2:19 AM
Only Mostly Dead

SFMOMA crane coming down:

The add-on to the substation that will have the plaza out front that 1977 posted on the previous page:

And just for fun, a couple shots from the Haight:

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Aug 9, 2015, 7:46 PM

A few recent evening shots of our growing skyline

Old Posted Aug 11, 2015, 1:32 AM

Digging this! Much better form and less wall-like with the raised height for 30 Otis and the surrounding towers.

Quote:
Tishman Speyer veterans pitch 250-foot tower in Mid-Market — but want to go even taller
Article and source

30 Otis w/current zoning at 278'

332' version w/ upzone for surrounding towers

465' version w/larger upzone for surrounding towers

Also, this piece on a few developments that are closer to reality:

Quote:
Trumark Urban, one of the most active residential developers in San Francisco, is moving forward with two more condo projects near the rapidly changing Mid-Market corridor.
The developer plans to break ground later this year on 109 condo units at 1554 Market St. after getting approvals from the Planning Commission in June. It is also seeking entitlements by the end of the year for a 220-unit project at 1601 Mission St., a few blocks to the south.
Article and Source

1554 Market:

1601 Mission:

Old Posted Aug 11, 2015, 5:01 AM

Otis/So. Van Ness

1977 - Thanks for the updates. In a few years the Van Ness/Market area will be a city within a city!

I will like 1554 Market St. IF the white facing is of a quality finish. I am glad to hear that the construction will start later this year. I think it will be a good companion to One Oak Street.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations