HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Jul 29, 2013, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
That's our go too spot. Never had a bad experience there.
We'll be going back for sure. Loved it.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2013, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimB09 View Post
Went to La Ronde last night for our 1st wedding anniversay dinner with the wife.
Really enjoyed the service. Our waiter, Dean(ask for him if you go) was outstanding and looked after us very well.
I had the Beef Wellington and it was done well and had a good taste to it. My wife had the Prime Rib and she said it was very good. Had a couple cocktails as well and some dessert and the damage came out to $135.
I had never been and had heard all about the revolving restaurant here so figured it'd be a good place to hit up for our anniversary dinner.
On reading 'Beef Wellington' I had to go to their website to check out the menu. It states 'deconstructed Beef Wellington'. Does anybody know if there are any restaurants in Edmonton that currently feature a true Beef Wellington, other than Ernest's, at NAIT?

Old Posted Jul 29, 2013, 7:54 PM
DRINK

From a coworker

Quote:
"Hello,

My friend Cathy and her boyfriend just opened up a Vietnamese food truck “Lemongrass”. They are at 107St and 100Ave this week. They sell authentic Viet food, springrolls, salad rolls, green onion cake, Viet sub and different type of vermicelli bowls (chicken, pork, beef). Prices are ranging from $6 to $8, I think.

If you guys are craving Viet food and don’t mind the short walk, please give them a try."

Old Posted Jul 29, 2013, 8:12 PM

I could live off vermicelli and be forever happy.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2013, 8:36 PM

I'd love a little Vietnamese right now

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 12:47 PM
Sherwood Park as a Nation

Anyone tried out the food truck app yet? Let me know what you think:

http://streetfoodapp.com/

The story behind it:

Never have we had it so good for outdoor noshing

Paula Simons
Edmonton Journal

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pity your friends and relatives in Toronto - at least the ones who'd like to grab a quick bite of lunch during a busy day.

Toronto the Good has some of the most strict and antiquated rules in urban Canada when it comes to licensing food trucks. Right now, food trucks are forbidden on Toronto city streets. They can only operate on private property or at special events. As a result, there are only about two dozen food trucks in the greater Toronto area...

psimons@edmontonjournal. com Twitter.com/Paulatics edmontonjournal.com Paula Simons is on Facebook.

To join the conversation, go to www.facebook.com/EJPaulaSimons or visit her blog at edmontonjournal. com/Paulatics
© Edmonton Journal 2013

Copyright © 2013 CanWest Interactive, a division of CanWest MediaWorks Publications, Inc.. All rights reserved.
CanWest Interactive, a division of CanWest MediaWorks Publications, Inc.. All rights reserved.

http://www2.canada.com/components/pr...b75f3&sponsor=

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 2:26 PM
Community Guy

^yup... great to see it continuing to expand and poor poor Toronto.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 3:14 PM

Yes tried a few of them and the quality is excellent

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 4:30 PM
Urban Advocate

Street Food app works pretty good. Missing a couple trucks, but good otherwise. Toronto has acknowledged their problem for a long time. Fixing it is a different story though.
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 7:00 PM
DRINK

Blue Plate is widening there patio and taking over the space infornt of the building on the other side of the door.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 7:28 PM
Klatuu Barada Nikto

Walked up to Padmanadi with some coworkers for lunch. I don't go there often, but somewhere between visits I keep forgetting just how good the food is. The $12 lunch gets you a surprisingly filling vegetarian dish with rice and springrolls, and you can get coconut rice for an extra $1 (worth it). Very tasty.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 11:18 PM
Community Guy

^^welcome to a few weeks ago.

^amazing place.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2013, 3:12 PM
Community Guy

Last edited by Coldrsx; Jul 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2013, 3:20 PM

^ Wildflower's patio's relatively close proximity to that tree and parking meter make it tricky to walk on the sidewalk there at times. This would definitely have been a good candidate for one of those temporary street patios.

Image from Jung.Frau via C2E (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94048626@N07/9395195780/)

Old Posted Jul 31, 2013, 3:51 PM
Urban Advocate

I agree. But our outdated liquour laws wont let a server transport alcohol across a public sidewalk to a streetside patio like this!
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg

Old Posted Jul 31, 2013, 4:06 PM

I would hardly call a 5 to 7 foot sidewalk width tricky to navigate as a pedestrian, or group of pedestrians. I don't think the average person would ever consider themselves to be inconvenienced by that patio when walking to or from work along 107 street. If this is too narrow, where can we have patios in this town?

That said, a parklet would be awesome. AGLC be damned!

Old Posted Jul 31, 2013, 4:12 PM
Community Guy

^Exactly... plenty of room.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2013, 4:14 PM

The liquor law prevents moving across a sidewalk to a seating area? Geez, that is outdated.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2013, 4:19 PM
Community Guy

^correct and yes.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2013, 5:37 PM
Community Guy

Inconceivable Adventures Await at Movies on the Square

July 30, 2013

Action, intrigue and adventure abound at Movies on the Square. Bring your lawn chair to Sir Winston Churchill Square and soak in Edmonton’s warm summer evenings while watching epic family movies on a 3-storey high inflatable screen.

This ultimate outdoor movie experience will include pre-movie entertainment, prizes and giveaways. Popcorn, pop and other movie snacks will be available from on-site concessions. Closed captioning will be offered when available. Admission is free.

As part of its centennial celebrations, the Edmonton Public Library has partnered with Movies on the Square to feature the much-loved, audience participation version of The Princess Bride. Devoted fans are encouraged to bring props and dress as their favourite character, then act out the movie along with the performers.

If the sun and surf are more your style, be sure to join in on the fun the following evening during a special beach-themed Movies on the Square celebration, featuring the family-favourite film Despicable Me.

Dates:
Friday August 2, 2013 – The Princess Bride
Saturday August 3, 2013 – Despicable Me
Time: Pre-movie entertainment begins at 7:30pm.
Feature film starts at dusk.
102 Avenue & 100 Street
Admission: Free
Getting there
Take the worry out of driving and parking by riding ETS to Movies on the Square.

Please note: Movie titles may change on short notice. Severe weather conditions may result in the cancellation of this event. Call 311 for current event information.

Other 2013 Movies on the Square dates
August 30 & 31, 2013

For more information:

Online Contact 311 Online
Telephone
In Edmonton: 311

Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311

TTY 780-944-5555
Email 311@edmonton.ca

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton