HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 2:17 AM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's 2016 in Sydney

After visiting Sydney so many times, I wanted to find some interesting new places to explore. First are aerials of the western suburbs.

These vintage buses are not easy to spot nowadays.

La Perouse on Botany Bay has some interesting rock formations.

Boat travel is great on Sundays, when the maximum fare with my Opal card is only $2.5.

I rode all the way to Watsons Bay, which is a bit of a tourist trap nowadays but the skyline view is wonderful.

Every time I come here, I will visit the same seafood restaurant for some recharging.

Sunday markets are a great place to find organic produce, sweets, and various pot pourri.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 3:35 AM

Nice pictures! Sydney is always a joy to look at!

Old Posted Jan 21, 2017, 2:56 AM
Hong Kong

Roaming around the CBD on a sunny day :

Old Posted Jan 21, 2017, 3:15 AM

Ugh...

I'm turning a fuckin' vegan in spite of myself. I see how they treat poor stupid animals, and why they've been so cruel, then I'm getting disgusted.

It's no strict principle here, though. I still have some meat or fish, but only when it's really worth it...

Please tell me they cook this mess before swallowing it. You just never know with the crazy Japanese not so far.
This is Australia, right? I bet they could have this raw, eventually.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 11:44 AM
Hong Kong

This brand new attraction is unfortunately only open 2 days a month in 2016, but is definitely worth to make it on your calendar. Located in century-old tramshed, visitors can take a free ride on a vintage double-decker bus from QVB across the ANZAC Bridge to reach the museum.

Ford FCB 194 - During World War II, it became difficult to obtain chassis from the UK, so the operator looked to this Ford chassis as an alternative. This bus had 26 seats and 28 more could stand.

AEC Regent - This bus was painted in camouflage with sheet windows to reduce possibility of injury from shattered glass. Headlights had masks so they would not be easily visible by enemy aircraft.

Semi-Trailer Bus - Due to chronic shortages of fuel and labour, this type of bus was popular during the war. However, they were costly to operate, with 2 people required per bus, and they were hard to navigate in traffic.

More : http://www.globalphotos.org/syd-bus.htm

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos